Where is Jordan?

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Hi folks,

I was just wondering if Jerome Jordan is injured. I thought that he might have got some minutes in pre-season or against the Celts. Is he injured or is Harrelson just getting the nod for minutes at the moment?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Apparently he's not worth playing. I've never got that Jordan hype on this board, he's is a below average center who played some average hoops for a medicore team overseas. He's a project the same way Mozzy boy was a project, but the Gov was our only real center, so he earned some minutes, but JerJor is our 4th center being backup of a guy playing backup for backup, he's just a little closer of getting some playing time than an average ball boy.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Perhaps just some patience

It is hard to believe that we brought him here and let him take up roster space for no reason.

There have only been three games so far. Let's wait and see. There clearly is a need for backup bigs on this team, so let's just see what happens later in the season.

We are not yet at the point where Chandler and Stoudamire are being overplayed and in danger of wearing down.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Apparently he's not worth playing. I've never got that Jordan hype on this board, he's is a below average center who played some average hoops for a medicore team overseas. He's a project the same way Mozzy boy was a project, but the Gov was our only real center, so he earned some minutes, but JerJor is our 4th center being backup of a guy playing backup for backup, he's just a little closer of getting some playing time than an average ball boy.

lol perfect post :agreed:

Kiyaman

Legend
Jerome Jordan -vs- small rotation Dantoni

Did u really expect Mike Dantoni to give playingtime to a center?
Dantoni dont know anything about BIGMAN basketball.

In Dantoni NBA career he only gave playingtime to two centers Shaq/Chandler,
only b/c the two centers have NBA Championship rings, plus both franchise (owners)
made major moves to get those centers.

Did u see any type of chemistry from Tyson & Amare, or Tyson & Melo in the
two preseason games, and one regulars season game? I didnt. I am still waiting
for Amare & Melo to co-exist on the offensive end.....b/c the two superstars
are quiet as a mouse on the defensive-end of the court.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
We MIGHT see some of him tonight.

Copied from ESPN W2W4: Knicks @ Golden State

"With Jared Jeffries out, that could compromise the Knicks on the glass. Mike D'Antoni has said both Josh Harrellson, Steve Novak and, possibly, Jerome Jordan, will see time on Wednesday as the Knicks aim to start the season 2-0 for the first time since 1999."

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer

Yep. He is pretty old now for someone who is still very raw and needs a ton of work. If he even becomes a solid backup would be surprising to me. More likely he will be out of the NBA in 2 years.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Huh? Isn't dude only 23 or 24? Outside your very elite Dwight types, most 7 footers don't become decent in the league until at least 25, bigs develop for this league slowest, it's way more of an adjustment for them than it is for guards coming out of college that already had the skills. In college if you are 7 foot and don't suck, you won't face many real scary opponents all season, then you get drafted and every team has guys as big and strong as you so you need to develop more. I wouldn't right this kid off, not saying to expect big things but to say hes screwed at age 24 or whatever is silly

CA7

Scoring Champ
Here's what I think

Jordan- isnt where he can ultimately be at. He's got tons of potential and can be a 10, 10 and 2.5 guy

Harrelson- wont get any better but he'll be consistently good for us. hit a 3, set good screens, rebound, dive on the floor. We'll get that from him all the time.

Thats why Harrelson is playing now and Jordan is not

Wargames

Starter
Did u really expect Mike Dantoni to give playingtime to a center?
Dantoni dont know anything about BIGMAN basketball.

In Dantoni NBA career he only gave playingtime to two centers Shaq/Chandler,
only b/c the two centers have NBA Championship rings, plus both franchise (owners)
made major moves to get those centers.

Did u see any type of chemistry from Tyson & Amare, or Tyson & Melo in the
two preseason games, and one regulars season game? I didnt. I am still waiting
for Amare & Melo to co-exist on the offensive end.....b/c the two superstars
are quiet as a mouse on the defensive-end of the court.

I'm Half and Half. I admit D'antoni has a ton of flaws but we can't judge him 100% until Baron comes back. Plus he knows his job is on the line, just like players play for contracts coaches do to. Also his use of the last TO's in the last game was apt and beneficiary to the team it cooled down the Ray Allen play and had Doc switch to McDaniels since he saw that the Knicks D was aware that Ray was the run and Gunner. Also the KG miss was well..... if KG didn't choke Bill Walker we would all be talking about how Bill Walker bumped Tyson Chandler from blocking that shot but that doesn't matter the Knicks won.

Anyhow Amare and Tyson thrive based on good PG P'N'R' and Allyoops. The only person who the coaches can currently put completed plays into affect for is Melo. I think that is the reason D'antoni has been emphasizing Melo as the point forward. In theory when Baron comes back he would have an offense set based on 7 viable options.

1. penetrate and lay up/ dunk/ shoot
2. penetrate and pass the ball to the open man
3. perform a pick and roll play with either Amare or Tyson
4. Perform an alleyoop play with either Amare or Tyson
5. pass the ball to Melo early allowing him to either take the shot or distribute to the open man (thus the point forward emphasis)
6. shoot the G#@damn 3
7. pass the ball to a teammate on the wing so they can move it to the corner man shooting the 3

right now with TD there the knicks can only do 5, 6, and 7 (Which ironically TD should be the open man in the corner now that the turncoat S. Williams left to play with the Nets :mad:) all the other plays will at best be erratic.

Now when Baron gets back and if the Knicks are still struggling etc, etc, the Knicks need to throw a few suitcases full of money at Phil Jackson and Brian Shaw and start waxing poetic about circles and endings being beginning and all that BS.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
D'Antoni doesn't need to worry about a job.

Some scrub college team will pick him up since he basically coaches college basketball (chuck 3's)

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer

wishful thinking....we're so used to never drafting a transcendent player or being lucky enuff for a Kobe/Dwight/LeBron to fall into our lap when nobody was looking, so we grasp at straws like 7 footers who played for Tulsa and think they'll become double digit rebound guys

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
D'Antoni doesn't need to worry about a job.

Some scrub college team will pick him up since he basically coaches college basketball (chuck 3's)

i dont understand how the "up tempo" system stays alive in the NBA when it doesn't get you to the Finals.

i dont understand how the "up tempo" system stays alive in the NBA when it doesn't get you to the Finals.

I wish we would play uptempo....these days we're playing no tempo - no playbook basketball, just throwing the ball to Melo or STAT 22 feet out and wishing him well.....terrible offense.