Amar'e driving to the basket is...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare relied on dishes he received through P&R for most of his career and now during his 10th season around he's forced to create his own shot. I'm not blaming him for missing dozens of jump shots or being unsuccessful driving to the basket, because this is not his game. Amare was so exciting to watch last season mostly because of Ray playing tons of P&R every single game. Today it was only Bibby who at least tried to feed him, I'm not sure if Douglas did it even once. How do you want your power forward to be successful without a solid point guard on your roster? Amare (and Tyson) will look weak during the first weeks of the season because of the gap we have on this team.

Amare relied on dishes he received through P&R for most of his career and now during his 10th season around he's forced to create his own shot. I'm not blaming him for missing dozens of jump shots or being unsuccessful driving to the basket, because this is not his game. Amare was so exciting to watch last season mostly because of Ray playing tons of P&R every single game. Today it was only Bibby who at least tried to feed him, I'm not sure if Douglas did it even once. How do you want your power forward to be successful without a solid point guard on your roster? Amare (and Tyson) will look weak during the first weeks of the season because of the gap we have on this team.

So we signed a $100 million pick and roll player but no pick and roll point guard? Brilliant decision by the management :barf:

We signed also a $7M P&R PG and he did pretty well averaging 9 APG...

I agree, Felton is much better at playing the P&R than Billups and Douglas, but I remember at the time he was here, a lot of people were complaining that he struggles with the P&R compared to Nash :smokin:

Still, we should have kept him or traded him for Chris Paul, trading a good PG plus all of our role players for Melo (who obviously can't play in D'Antoni's system) might have been a mistake.

Toons

is the Bo$$

where were u guy??? couldhave been on this board last year...everyone crucified ray felly for not PRing amare more.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Nash is probably one of the best P&R guards ever, but Felton showed a lot of understanding of D'Antoni's offense. When I watch some highlights of pretrade Knicks I saw us playing weak defense and not having enough talent but I never saw that team being unmotivated. Carmelo doesn't fit into this system, he plays isolation which should almost never take place under SSOL offense. Probably he's able to adjust and switch into something new, but our coaching staff has no idea how to use him and he's unmotivated and lazy 9 out of 10 games. Tonight he's gonna play some great hoops, I'm almost sure about that, national TV, millions of people watching, probably even LeBron, he's got to look good.

@Toons: yeah I could have been... unfortunately registered just in February to share my thoughts how screwed I felt seeing Melo trade getting done. ;)

Forrest17

Rotation player
where were u guy??? couldhave been on this board last year...everyone crucified ray felly for not PRing amare more.

The problem with felton was that he was a very good assister but he WAY too often looked for his own shot first, THEN he looked for amar'e.. He also took so many completely stupid shots that he had zero chance of making.. I'd swear he played every minute like he thought there was 2 seconds left in the quarter.

p0nder

Starter
Yeah Felton took the green light for 3's too much. Yes he was abetter facilitator then billups or bibby/td are but was still a mediocre option... it sucks that we have gressed from that point. I had high hopes for sump, but his injury puts things back a step or two...

we need to make a move to get a decent PG in this system...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amar'e...

I mean, he's quick and athletic for a big man but 6'11 players aren't supposed to be driving to the basket. That's just not how it works.

Amar'e can create his own shot. He's actually pretty good at it for a player who mostly thrives off the pick and roll. He can create space for himself because his mid-range jumper is pretty good.

But he can't be expected to do that on a consistent basis. We've all been talking about how STAT isn't a stretch 4 but if he doesn't have someone who can get him the ball down low then he really has no choice BUT to be a stretch 4 for now. Maybe Jeremy Lin can do it? Heh.

petescud

Starter
Man, this forum is getting ugly....thought it was just me...lol....we need better guard play, and until then, we'll have to get used to this

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
one of the most painful things to watch. He has GOT to stop that shit.
LOL ......................I feel you man, I liek amare though, I just hope someone on that team can smack him in the back of his head and tell him to cut that shyt out!!. I hate watching him drive to the hoop with three defenders all on his ass!!!!, he makes you think that hes going to over power whoevers there and jam it in when he gets swated lol, I think once we get the whole point guard situation straight, he wont feel the pressure to have to make stupid plays like that anymore, ecspecially with his knee, back and eye problems, play smart MAN!!!