Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SSj4Wingzero's Post Deserves Significant Exposure

Veteran

I think most of us will agree :

1. Douglas is no a starting PG or PG....he is a bench guy who can come in and do some damage.....That is his role so why not let him play that role and stop kidding ourselves he is our PG..

with that said WHO STARTS AT PG ?

I say lets start there

I'd say everything about Dolan, but not that he's greedy. Have you ever heard him complaining he's gotta pay luxury tax again? Or moaning that he's gotta pay Billups $14M despite not having him around?

That's agreat post mafra!

I agree with you on almost everything.

After over 30 games together as Knickerbockers...and a record of below .500 (including the Playoffs)....the question is:

Can Amar'e and Melo really co-exist?

The problem is, they both need completely different philosophies to excell.
    Melo is a half court and isolation guy, Amar'e is a pick and roll - uptempo guy.

I think combos that work well are:

Amar'e and Chris Paul
    Melo and Dwight Howard

Amar'e and Melo = maybe?

They're not compatible it seems.

we win, player fault, we lose, coaches fault. lmao at u silly knick fans, we have this same exact argument every single fuvkin year......its like u guys never grow up. thing is, ur so retarded that ur arguing with the same people. when are you going to get it through your thick skulls that its a shared responsibility between players and coaches for wins and losses. a more intellegent argument would be, who held MORE responsibility for a loss, not placing blame and pointing fingers. There are soooo many plays in basketball, i watched stat give up on plays, i watched melo just walk around, i watched the entire knick team act like the heat and stand like statues when melo calls an ISO. Did anyone sing praises for MDA in the win against boston? no right?
    we lost because, in addition to coaching ills, douglas cant gaurd pg's, our team got lethargic after half time, amare and melo were off, tyson chandler had 0 blocks, and we had little bench production.

silver lining, jerome jordan got sum burn, and if he is as good as he was in serbia, i would make him split time EVENLY with tyson C.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

After over 30 games together as Knickerbockers...and a record of below .500 (including the Playoffs)....the question is:

Melo is a half court and isolation guy, Amar'e is a pick and roll - uptempo guy.

Amar'e and Chris Paul
    Melo and Dwight Howard

Amar'e and Melo = maybe?

Well you better get use to them because they are going nowhere.

Can they coexist? Really? Why wouldn't they be able to?
    Before we panic, let's wait at leas 20games in to analyze.

Not enough TOTAL team time to gel yet.

If anyone is to be ridiculed it's MOA, and even he needs time to adjust.

The best we could say is MOA isn't the type of coach that will target his player's weakness and coach him up.

If that were the case, we wouldn't still see STAT dribble-drive TOWARD the baseline with 2 to 3 defenders draped over him... and still doesn't pass. Shm.

I agree and this has been my major criticism with MDA. While everyone was focusing on his defense my issue has always been how effective he gets STAT his shots. Melo can score anywhere at any time but STAT needs to get the ball in the right spots. That is why I was not a fan of Billups and was sad to see Felton go. My hope is that Baron Davis comes back healthy and erases all these issues but pinning our hopes on an aging ex-stud who is injury prone does not instill confidence.

If the Knicks are playing this one dimensional offense by mid-season Davis or not, MDA needs to go, Woodson takes over as interim and then we pray we can convince Phil Jackson to come full circle and finish his career with a chip in the Mecca.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

Amar'e and Chris Paul
    Melo and Dwight Howard

Amar'e and Melo = maybe?

We saw GAME-1 vs BOS (until the injury) that the only way to get Carmelo & Stoudemire in sync offensively is to get a PG who both dominates the ball & decides its distribution. Billups filled that role, chosing who to go to (Melo or Stoudemire) and kept the offense moving.

We can only hope Davis does this as well.

Otherwise, the 2 big FWDs don't know what to do. You would hope D'antoni would have watched some Bird-McHale tape to figure out how to get the 2 to co-exist. I mean, while we wat for Davis... Isn't there a way to get Carmelo the ball elbow extended and have Amar'e set the pick? Can't the 2 of them work that out?

I think Tyson Chandler also hurts Amar'e on the offensive end. TC bring nothing offensively. His only chance for points (aside from the fast break) come from Alley Oops & slam dunk put back off. rebounds. Ergo, he needs to be planted at or around the rim. This just makes it harder for Amar'e to drive to the dish. In PHO, & even last year, w ith no C or with a C on the perimeter, Amar'e had the lane all to himself. So, what we have now is nobody to pass ball to Amar'e as he cuts to hoop, we have an extra body clogging the lane, & finally our offense boils down to ISO plays for Carmelo.

We saw last year if you leave it to Amar'e to create his won shot... You get 2 things: he forces a 1 on 3, when probability of a turnover skyrockets or he settles on a long jumper.

AND what's the deal with Tyson Chandler? 6 rebounds in 2 games? Wow.

I love STAT but I think we should try to package him and Fields for a stud SG (Harden, Thorton or Martin?) and some role players. I don't think STAT and MElo compliment one another and STAT's game is too reliant on a PG to facilitate his offense. Just my two cents.

Originally Posted by Toons

silver lining, jerome jordan got sum burn, and if he is as good as he was in serbia, i would make him split time EVENLY with tyson C.
    Gotta love the fruit that comes in and calls everyone retards only to finish off with this little piece of gold at the end.

バカ

LOL it's the second game of the season of a team that has had four games to play together and already the crying beings against the coach. We patched up one hole with Chandler but made another with the point guard. It's hard to go battle leaderless.....

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Gotta love the fruit that comes in and calls everyone retards only to finish off with this little piece of gold at the end.

バカ
    What **** is wrong with you?????

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I love STAT but I think we should try to package him and Fields for a stud SG (Harden, Thorton or Martin?) and some role players. I don't think STAT and MElo compliment one another and STAT's game is too reliant on a PG to facilitate his offense. Just my two cents.
    First one who openly agrees with me on this forum.

But it's not about who's right and who's not...I'd love to be wrong if that means we're going to the Finals...but I hardly see that coming with this roster.

At the moment most guys still use coach D'Antoni as the main reason we're underperforming....and the second reason is that we have no point guard....but it seems like you don't want to accept the fact that Melo and Amar'e don't fit.

We had a proven PG last season with Billups and still went .0500 under his guidance....D'Antoni might be gone sooner rather than later.....Baron Dais will be in action pretty soon...but all that won't negate the fact that STAT and Melo is a combination that doesn't fit basketball wise.

I know I dwell on that, but I want us to win and to achieve that one of them has to go I'm afraid.....as things stand our best option would be to trade Amar'e, Fields and Walker for Dwight HOward, fire D'Antoni, his brother and Phil Weber and make Woodson head coach, Herb Williams first assistant and try to get Phil Jackson or even Jerry Sloan in the offseason.

Melo and Dwight Howard is a fit, because Dwight doesn't need the P&R or uptempo to be effective he can basically score 20 points taking 5 or less shots a game, because most of his points come from offensive boards or free throws, plus he could set great picks for Melo.

I agree and this has been my major criticism with MDA. While everyone was focusing on his defense my issue has always been how effective he gets STAT his shots. Melo can score anywhere at any time but STAT needs to get the ball in the right spots. That is why I was not a fan of Billups and was sad to see Felton go. My hope is that Baron Davis comes back healthy and erases all these issues but pinning our hopes on an aging ex-stud who is injury prone does not instill confidence.

If the Knicks are playing this one dimensional offense by mid-season Davis or not, MDA needs to go, Woodson takes over as interim and then we pray we can convince Phil Jackson to come full circle and finish his career with a chip in the Mecca.
    Like.

Don't like.

This is a panic move if I ever saw one. Its odd because above you seemed to realize most of the dificencies and anomolies are systematic.

Then you talk of getting smaller...?smh

That's a D'Antoni staple. One I totally disagree with, both fundametally and with the way of wishfully thinking that everything works with the "right" point guard. My reaction is when it comes to MOA, NO it still doesn't work

Because of the byproducts and ancillary (intended & unintended) consequences of his approach.

IE. If you position your players around the perimeter, green light the chuck, then there is no ability to box out, anticipate the shot & ball position, thus we get killed on the boards. Simple.

But I'll stick to my 20 game mark before I microscope MOA. Give them time.

Originally Posted by Red
    Like.

Don't like.

This is a panic move if I ever saw one. Its odd because above you seemed to realize most of the dificencies and anomolies are systematic.

Then you talk of getting smaller...?smh

That's a D'Antoni staple. One I totally disagree with, both fundametally and with the way of wishfully thinking that everything works with the "right" point guard. My reaction is when it comes to MOA, NO it still doesn't work

Because of the byproducts and ancillary (intended & unintended) consequences of his approach.

IE. If you position your players around the perimeter, green light the chuck, then there is no ability to box out, anticipate the shot & ball position, thus we get killed on the boards. Simple.

But I'll stick to my 20 game mark before I microscope MOA. Give them time.

Who said anything about smaller? I said SG AND role players. I much rather have Harden and a role player PF like Verajo on this team then STAT. Again, I like STAT but I think him and Melo will always struggle on the same team unless we get a good PG to facilitate the offense. I am not panicking or making snap judgments as this was my thinking last year as well.

Listen, STAT brings two things and only two things...scoring and the occasional blocked shot. If his scoring is hampered by our roster, system or whatever then he is almost useless.

Who said anything about smaller? I said SG AND role players. I much rather have Harden and a role player PF like Verajo on this team then STAT. Again, I like STAT but I think him and Melo will always struggle on the same team unless we get a...
    Coach who knows how to utilize their talents better and make a positive influence towards their defensive weaknesses. (I fixed it for you).

And trade stat for a guard IS getting smaller hello?

And for Verojo? Are you on drugs?

F*ck all that better fit **** and come back to reality. When you decide to remove your D'Antoni rose colored goggles, meaning STOP seein things in relation to MOA (I know we all have to consider MOA) then things become clear.

Don't think its strange that for years we've considered
    We need a new pf
    Then center
    Then closer
    Then shooter
    Then assistant coach
    Then PG
    On and on....
    Next it'll be we need better lighting, better wood, better basketballs, better...

Until we construct a USA dream-team where Mike doesn't have to coach.

Then what? It'll be we need better cheerleaders...
    Smh. The players are going nowhere...

Mike on the other hand better step it up.