Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: SSj4Wingzero's Post Deserves Significant Exposure

  1. #31
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons

    silver lining, jerome jordan got sum burn, and if he is as good as he was in serbia, i would make him split time EVENLY with tyson C.
    You have got to be fuggin kiddin me! . You must be drunk son..



    Neway

    Still too early to blame MDA for anything folks.

    When/if B.Davis steps on the court we'll see this offense run alot closer to the way its supposed to.

    MDA really needs good pg play to open things up.

    But for right now guys need to move the ball and play together. I just don't see it now. It'll get better but will take time. Right now there are too many isos.. hero bball as Doc Rivers calls it. This just won't get it done unless key guys are knocking down shots and they weren't falling last night for Melo and Amare.

    That said, it's the 2nd game of the season people.

    Calm yo'selves down. Look at the Lakers for crying out loud and be greatful

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I agree with the thread post.

    Unlike other NBA teams which run plays the Knicks seem to be resorting to isolation plays rather than teamwork.

    The last few games had so few assists I can barely remember them. There were also very few plays where they helped get a man open to get an open shot.

    We need a TEAM not a bunch of superstars that can play one-on-one.

    I think the blame lies on the coach and the PG. I think if we had a good PG who could distribute the ball better it would also be helpful.

    Amar'e though needs to move more and can't just stand at the top of the key for his jump shot and Melo can't just stand in his money spot or behind the 3 either.

    Will Davis change things?

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I’m blaming D’Ant. They lost this game because of the coach’s philosophy. We literally shot ourselves out of this game. Instead of designing plays for our main scorers, he still has them shooting the ball as soon as possible. There were way too many quick shots and most of them bricked. This throws the team out of rhythm and causes them to lose steam, continuity and intensity. I've always loved and respected Mark Jackson and wished he was giving the chance to coach here because he knows to be a TRUE contender you have to play Defense. Our positioning sucked hard. Even on offense Stat and Mello were bumping into each other and couldn’t find proper spacing and there were way too many quick shots.

    When your mind set is focused on Defense other aspects of your game will pick up naturally. The game has to come to you…you can’t force it. When you play good “D” you are more likely to be hyped up/charged/ in the freaken zone…therefore your offensive game opens up… all the while dispiriting the opposition. We have enough offensive talent to score against anyone so we should slow it down to a half court game because Stat, Mello and Landry can create their own shots. D’Ant knows squat about D and I'm starting to question his over all coaching ability because his ass is being exposed everytime the Knicks take the court. I can’t wait for the day we can this dude. He’s either a retard or just too stubborn to change his flawed B-Ball game into something the team can actually relate too. He’s not a true coach, just someone who was always fortunate to have great players around him…..often failing them, himself and the fans. He didn’t even have the decency to give M.Jackson his props after the game. His post game comments were “we shot poorly today”. Wow, no **** Sherlock, this dude is unbelievably clueless. I truly hope he recognizes just how bad he really looks and make some changes in his coaching ASAP. It’s a shame we have all this talent and can’t even use them properly.

  4. #34
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I’m blaming D’Ant. They lost this game because of the coach’s philosophy. We literally shot ourselves out of this game. Instead of designing plays for our main scorers, he still has them shooting the ball as soon as possible. There were way too many quick shots and most of them bricked. This throws the team out of rhythm and causes them to lose steam, continuity and intensity. I've always loved and respected Mark Jackson and wished he was giving the chance to coach here because he knows to be a TRUE contender you have to play Defense. Our positioning sucked hard. Even on offense Stat and Mello were bumping into each other and couldn’t find proper spacing and there were way too many quick shots.

    When your mind set is focused on Defense other aspects of your game will pick up naturally. The game has to come to you…you can’t force it. When you play good “D” you are more likely to be hyped up/charged/ in the freaken zone…therefore your offensive game opens up… all the while dispiriting the opposition. We have enough offensive talent to score against anyone so we should slow it down to a half court game because Stat, Mello and Landry can create their own shots. D’Ant knows squat about D and I'm starting to question his over all coaching ability because his ass is being exposed everytime the Knicks take the court. I can’t wait for the day we can this dude. He’s either a retard or just too stubborn to change his flawed B-Ball game into something the team can actually relate too. He’s not a true coach, just someone who was always fortunate to have great players around him…..often failing them, himself and the fans. He didn’t even have the decency to give M.Jackson his props after the game. His post game comments were “we shot poorly today”. Wow, no **** Sherlock, this dude is unbelievably clueless. I truly hope he recognizes just how bad he really looks and make some changes in his coaching ASAP. It’s a shame we have all this talent and can’t even use them properly.
    Damn!

    And this time it's not me...

    Again, all I can say is, reserve judgement until 20 games.

    No off-season, short camp, new bodies, new defensive philosophy, etc...

    Give it a chance. So many other teams have been together longer, so really we are behind.

    Patience.

    *yeah I said it.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You're right, Red. I just get so heated with this Damntoni guy. He's crappy, stubborn and can't coach up his talent to their best abilities. All he wants to do is make these guys play his way or no way. If you can't adjust to what you actually have...then you are the main problem. In my book...he epitomizes poor leadership.

  6. #36
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Damn!

    And this time it's not me...

    Again, all I can say is, reserve judgement until 20 games.

    No off-season, short camp, new bodies, new defensive philosophy, etc...

    Give it a chance. So many other teams have been together longer, so really we are behind.

    Patience.

    *yeah I said it.
    I have agree I'm a big believer that coaching is an issue but with both of the knicks better guards (we hope their better) injured we cant call for D'antoni's job at best we can murmur and suggest better coaching. Also Baron is ironically possibly the best PG for the knicks due to his background (Highly skilled but never wanted to be the "man" on his team. Co-creator of the original Lob city with B. Griffin, highest rate last year to pass the ball to player in position for easy scores, P'N'R capBle, etc)

    20 games should giv us a real picture. The knicks don't need a top seed in the playoffs they just need to play like one when they get there. If it is a coaching issue hopefully Dolan's money can get a high caliber coach to come in and fix it. Remember the Knicks front office did not sign Mike D to an extension for a reason, he has to show and prove to keep his job.

  7. #37
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I love STAT but I think we should try to package him and Fields for a stud SG (Harden, Thorton or Martin?) and some role players. I don't think STAT and MElo compliment one another and STAT's game is too reliant on a PG to facilitate his offense. Just my two cents.
    Its not about STAT and Melo not complimenting one another. They can play together but they need a head coach that understands how to make it work. Sorry but I honestly think Dantoni NEEDS a high level pg to be successful and that's where some of the futility comes to play. He's a coach that relies on his pg to make ALL the decisions. Don't get me wrong, a PG should make decisions but the coach ultimately designs and calls the plays based on matchups.

    STAT has always been most effective when he recieves a pass while in motion. Why Dantoni hasn't implemented that I don't know. He doesn't have to have a Nash clone to do this either. It can be anyone on the team with average passing skills. Also, I've been screaming for STAT to develop a low post game but I guess Dantoni doesn't think its neccessary in his perimeter based offense.

    We're nowhere near discussing trade scenerios for STAT. He deserves to play in a better system before we even entertain that idea. Just my 2 cents.

  8. #38
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I've seen the Spurs get blown out plenty of times before... even with 50+ win seasons. Same goes for many of the elite teams. Sometimes an opposing team just happens to click while the chemistry and shot is just off for the your team.

    Yes there is always cause for concern and room for improvement, but lets try not to panic until losing becomes consistent. I can make any player in the NBA look terrible with a bad highlight reel (can make any player look great too which is why highlight reels are a terrible way to judge players).

    I want to see more Melo and Amare at point forward. They NEED to understand how and when to distribute. The biggest problem with Melo is that he can easily get off a shot any time he likes. He just needs to learn to pass up the lower percentage shots and improve his teammates. Sometimes being too talented works against you

  9. #39
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    lets slow it down here folks

    in a year that sees boston go 0-3 and get blown out by the hornets with out eric gordon

    the hawks look like the heat right now

    the clippers just got murdered last night against an old spurs team

    in essence

    these games are still pre-season games

    while i had fire dantoni written all over my facebook wall today,

    which is only because i hate dantoni all the way through and through

    i have to admit to myself that this new team, new philosophy and new trust between our players will take time to work itself out.

    lets jsut take it easy here

  10. #40
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    F*ck all that better fit **** and come back to reality. When you decide to remove your D'Antoni rose colored goggles, meaning STOP seein things in relation to MOA (I know we all have to consider MOA) then things become clear.

    Don't think its strange that for years we've considered
    We need a new pf
    Then center
    Then closer
    Then shooter
    Then assistant coach
    Then PG
    On and on....
    Next it'll be we need better lighting, better wood, better basketballs, better...

    Until we construct a USA dream-team where Mike doesn't have to coach.

    Then what? It'll be we need better cheerleaders...
    Smh. The players are going nowhere...

    Mike on the other hand better step it up.
    Some of you may not agree... but this post right here is ON POINT!

    Like i've said before, its still early and i'm not gonna panic but there are some fundamental things that need to be stressed by the coach that has been lacking since he got here. I think 15 games would be a sufficient sample size for me.

  11. #41
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You have got to be fuggin kiddin me! . You must be drunk son..



    Neway

    Still too early to blame MDA for anything folks.

    When/if B.Davis steps on the court we'll see this offense run alot closer to the way its supposed to.

    MDA really needs good pg play to open things up.

    But for right now guys need to move the ball and play together. I just don't see it now. It'll get better but will take time. Right now there are too many isos.. hero bball as Doc Rivers calls it. This just won't get it done unless key guys are knocking down shots and they weren't falling last night for Melo and Amare.

    That said, it's the 2nd game of the season people.

    Calm yo'selves down. Look at the Lakers for crying out loud and be greatful
    First of all I believe you contradicted yourself.
    Second, Ummmm aren't these things that the coach can correct??? YES!

  12. #42
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I didn't even see this thread.

    But what does a lack of training camp have to do with a lack of movement? Dude's suddenly forget their assignments and chose to iso STAT & Melo? So....MDA didn't make the decision to ISO Melo? Melo did it on his own, several times, without the coach's blessing and no repercussions? Oh really?

    Melo shouldn't have been iso'd late in that game because: 1) He was having an atrocious shooting night, and 2) He had 4 teammates on the court.

    Don't forego running a play because "oh, I have Carmelo Kiyan Anthony on my team, how pleasant."

    Run a play, and if it doesn't work....you tried, fine, execute better next time *******s. But if you say "**** it, ISO MELO...WATCH OUT NOW!! you give the D less variables to worry about, and now every single egg you have is in one basket.

    This man is an offensive "genius." Shouldn't he be able to take anyone and put them in a position for success on the court, be it team or personal? Coach them up. Yeah there was a lack of training camp, but you don't learn the english language and get introduced to processing information in training camp.....draw up a play, please, for the love of god, anything!!!!
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Dec 29, 2011 at 12:19.

  13. #43
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I can't believe people are saying wait for B-diddy to see more movement off the ball.

    No disrespect, but that's the stupidest mother ****ing thing I've ever heard. If a coach sees a lack of movement off the ball, he needs to coach his men up.

    You coach what you have, not wait for a player to heal up. What happens when Baron is controlling the ball, and Bill and Landry stand like statues on the left flank, Melo to the right, and STAT in the middle, Baron hands off to Melo and runs to the right corner to statue up over there?

    Should we then wait for Willis Reed to come hobbling outta the locker room?

  14. #44
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You have got to be fuggin kiddin me! . You must be drunk son..


    greatful
    the key word in my sentence is IF. The way chandler is playing, collecting fouls faster than timofey mozgov, and rebounding like eddy curry, i would want to see him get more playing time. he is also better than jorts IMO. and this whole thing is stupid. we only played 2 games. all of the veteran posters should agree with me, this thing happens every year. wait for lebron, wait for trade deadline, wait for melo, wait for a pg, wait for chris paul, wait for baron, wait for sumpert to come back, wait for jefferies, its mda's fault, its the players fault....all you idiots do is substitute the names for new players on the squad. cant someone have a non biased opinion and insightful conversation on specific plays? or areas in the game where we lacked energy? where another team went on a run? instead of readin g a box score and watching highlights and babbling a bunch of bs. in conclusion....lol.....its too early you bunch of pansies....quit getting your panties in a bunch and enjoy the best knicks team you have ever seen in the past decade.

  15. #45
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    who the cap fits, wear it

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2011, 12:20
  2. One of the few post ima post this season
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 21, 2008, 14:12
  3. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 04:21
  4. Post Cry
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2005, 01:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •