The Problem Isn't our Super Stars, the coaches, Dolan....It's

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
The fact we need a PG.

AND BADLY

Many times last night, our offense completely looked lost. Standing still, looking like they didn't know what to do on the court. Interesting statistic. I forget the percentage but any time the knicks move the ball and have more than 3 passes, the scoring percentage sky rockets. How many times did Melo or Amare get the ball and shoot the ball immediately. Or Tony Douglas checks in to the game and the first thing he does is shoot.

The offense needs a competent true PG who can run the floor put players in to their positions, and run plays effectively. We have all the talent in the world, but unfortunately both of our super stars are use to playing with Great PG's.

We are seeing the result of not having a good PG. Yes we will win some games on sheer talent alone, (Boston). But last nights game should make it painfully obvious to all of us that we will not make it far with out a PG. To many scorers not enough facilitators.

Right now we need to see what Jeremy Lin can do until Diddy gets back. Tony Douglas is a small SG, and Melo SHOULD NOT be handling the ball more than a dozen possessions. I can promise you all once we get a competent PG who can run the floor, setup our scorers in positions and run the P&R, it'll be scary to play the Knicks.

People also need to stop blaming Dantoni. This isn't his fault. He does not have a PG to run his system. Trying to force Tony Douglas in to that is like trying to put a square peg in to a circle hole, it is just never going to fit. Our last hope resides on B Diddy and Jeremy Lin. Shump, Douglas are combo guards who should really be playing the 2.

//End Rant

skisloper

Starter
If LIN was not a Harvard Graduate we would have no hope...

Based on the dude being smart and a Bball player we are hoping he can be the perfect fit with Melo and Stat,,,,,,

and PG position we have nothing to lose....

hope we start that way tonight or if TD goes bad then end that way tonight,,

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night game -vs- GS....Knicks got out-rebounded by a nonrebounding
team. GS is known for being a nondefensive-team but it was hard to tell with
GS man to man defense of Rush, Mcguire, Wright, and Lee defending Knicks
Tyson, Amare, Melo.

The Knicks offense looked stagnated with an open offense with everyone on
the peremeter like statues waiting to see what Melo or Amare is going to do
with the ball. u cant screen/or pick for a non-movement Amare/Melo.

The Knicks poor bigman defense from Tyson/Amare/Melo lost to GS, there
was no co-existence or chemistry on the defensive-end of the court from
Tyson/Amare/Melo

Can't really blame TD. Melo and Stat are players that can score without the assist...even Landry can too. The problem is the movement, positioning and lack of play calling/schemes. There are better PG's 4sure but that isn't going to help if we continue to play the style of ball we currently are playing.

I know coach is trying to use the 'Instincts" philosophy. Yes, B'Ball is all about confidence, but that comes with rhythm. To have any kind of flow going on... you need to have your players on the same page. TD played as well as any average PG, the issue was in the way the game was flowing. We played a game of reacting before thinking...as usual.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm still waiting on D'Ant's "offensive genius" to show up. The "continuation" of the fleecing of defenses in his post-Nash era.

Toney, and the lack of rebounding aside, GSW only had 84 points with like 5-6 mins left in that game, regardless of why they had so few points compared to the 100s teams had in years past....they still only had 84 points.

A few stops and some competent offense and that game is ours. But what I saw was 2 superstars who really didn't have all that much confidence in their teammates, and a supporting cast that was given the opportunity to over-think it, and then decide to clear out and let their big guns do their thing.

You don't GIVE the supporting cast a chance to have mental absence/timidness if you have them setting off-ball screens, down screens, baseline curls, pin downs, ANY ****ING THING!!!!

If you allow your 4th, 5th, and 6th best players on the roster the chance to DECIDE to be absent on plays. You've failed. A mental or physical mistake is sightly more tolerable than chosen absence and impotence.

Michael Andrew D'Antoni, where the **** is your offense bro?

photo-7.jpg

Same ol' shit, aint it?

moneyg

Starter
I'm still waiting on D'Ant's "offensive genius" to show up. The "continuation" of the fleecing of defenses in his post-Nash era.

Toney, and the lack of rebounding aside, GSW only had 84 points with like 5-6 mins left in that game, regardless of why they had so few points compared to the 100s teams had in years past....they still only had 84 points.

A few stops and some competent offense and that game is ours. But what I saw was 2 superstars who really didn't have all that much confidence in their teammates, and a supporting cast that was given the opportunity to over-think it, and then decide to clear out and let their big guns do their thing.

You don't GIVE the supporting cast a chance to have mental absence/timidness if you have them setting off-ball screens, down screens, baseline curls, pin downs, ANY ****ING THING!!!!

If you allow your 4th, 5th, and 6th best players on the roster the chance to DECIDE to be absent on plays. You've failed. A mental or physical mistake is sightly more tolerable than chosen absence and impotence.

Michael Andrew D'Antoni, where the **** is your offense bro?

photo-7.jpg

Same ol' shit, aint it?

nail on the head... the fact is O'antoni can not coach without a good PG. you would think that he would at least run a play to get STAT or melo in the post.. where is our post game... this is BS....i cant watch this $hit....

the only thing that a lack of a PG tells us is how bad of a coach this dude really is.. so one dimensional....this is a joke and a half

nuckles2k2

Superstar
nail on the head... the fact is O'antoni can not coach without a good PG. you would think that he would at least run a play to get STAT or melo in the post.. where is our post game... this is BS....i cant watch this $hit....

the only thing that a lack of a PG tells us is how bad of a coach this dude really is.. so one dimensional....this is a joke and a half

I'm also very tired of the lack of training camp excuse, since that makes the lack of set plays even more mind boggling.

We should see sloppiness in the execution of set plays, as opposed the the "we're winging it" nature of the games right now.

Training camp is the time you establish your culture, identity, and philosophy. You also learn the tendencies of your teammates. So sloppiness with execution is one thing, but the Knicks ARE. JUST. WINGING. IT. There doesn't seem to be anything to execute other than pace.

In other words, Isoing with a lack of training camp is literally trying to play off of each other's tendencies without really getting a feel for each other's tendencies. How does that work?

It's one thing to see Kobe almost turn the ball over trying to pass outta a double team, to a teammate that wasn't coming to get the ball, out of an inbound, with time running out, and have to resort to a disrupted dribble, and contested layup--vs--Carmelo standing with the ball and everyone looking at him like "now what?" while you're down by 14 in the 4th.

The **** does training camp have to do with that? Is everyone's assignment really to look at dude? Did everyone have a collective brain fart and forget who they were and who's this tall dude holding that basketball? Or was there no simple play drawn up to get either into the post, or an open look? If not, why not? Because, 21+ year old dude's wouldn't understand simple basketball concepts because they didn't have training camp?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
After last night's loss, I'm reluctant to even call our coach "O'Antoni". There was absolutely no flow on offense and not even a single time during the whole game did I see any kind of offensive play. MDA better pull out every trick under his sleeve and prove yo us that he is really an "offensive genius" of a coach.

On a positive note, the defense looked good up until the 4th. When Chandler went to the bench with his fifth foul, everything fell apart. TD and Fields need to do a better job of staying in front of their man out on the perimeter to avoid those easy layups, which lead to a Chandler foul down in the paint.

Can't wait to see how the team bounces back against the Lakers after this loss. :gony:

Well, we could have Chris Paul now or Deron Williams if Dolan hadn't pushed for Melo last February....just saying Oakman :cool:

How are we supposed to get a world class PG with 3 high salary players on the roster? No cap space...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
This is so off topic but Oakman... why is Melo wearing #11 in your Sig?

Never seen that anywhere else or him even mention that #.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I'm a Laker fan here in NYC my father was a Laker fan too but I always liked and respected the Knicks even though theyve sucked for the past decade and Ive been reading these forums for a few days so I just decided to join. But anyway the Knicks seemed completely uninterested in that GSW game it seemed like Melo was fantasizing about playing Kobe and the Lakers out there I wouldn't panic yet.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
This is so off topic but Oakman... why is Melo wearing #11 in your Sig?

Never seen that anywhere else or him even mention that #.

Yeah true that. I really like your sig, but that's bothering me.:beer:

On a side note, I missed the game last night, but it really sounds like the same old shit, different day.

One thing that a team can rely on (if it works hard enough for it) is defense. I hope that Mike Woodson really understands what he was brought in here for. It's not enough for the Knicks defense to be sufficient (which it was not at all last year), they have to be lock-down to the point that oppositions expect a battle, as opposed to a shooting contest.

skisloper

Starter
Well, we could have Chris Paul now or Deron Williams if Dolan hadn't pushed for Melo last February....just saying Oakman :cool:

How are we supposed to get a world class PG with 3 high salary players on the roster? No cap space...

Same place the Celtics got Rondo....We need to find a diamond in the rough who can be a true PG.

Lets assume Iman does not get hurt. Lets see what Lin has.....Trial and error at this point....

NO MATTER WHAT.....TD is not a PG and we are now alienating him from the role in which he thrives in and thats off the bench!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Problem Isn't our Super Stars, the coaches, Dolan....It's
It's not TD offense either.....4th quarter leadership & TEAM-DEFENSE wins games.

Real Talk....

1) Our Super Stars has not showed a hint of leadership since coming together
as Knicks.... if they did u would see the two co-exist on (at least) one side of
the court.

2) A Celebrity coach is still collecting a pay check off of Marion's strong
leadership, and Nash creativeness. The Kidd & Marion team-leadership
show....turned into the Nash, Marion, Amare show.

3) Dolan's decision-making has been giving me a headache since the day he fired GM Ernie Grunfield in 1999.

Someone need to admit the truth on the Knicks -vs- GSW game.
SF-Rush out-played Melo on both sides of the court.
This was not the first time Tyson Chandler got out hustled by David Lee.
Amare got his game handed to him by Wright & Mcguire.
At the end of the game..... the GSW wanted that WIN more than our superstars...

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Mark Jackson >>> D'antoni

agree with Kiyaman (referr to my post freom laker Knicks thread)

want see either Douglas or D'Antoni go!

Douglas Balkman fields for Dragic Twilliams

Douglas and Fields will exel in Rocketsx open game. Dragic is more of 1/2 court offense. T.Williams be bench guy. Im going to give Walker chance to start until Shumpert gets back.

Dragic Walker Melo Stat Chandler
Bibby Williams Novak Jeffries Jordan

Fields better starter at Sf over Budinger. Douglas behind Lowry will have play better off the bench.

Lowry K-mart Fields Scola Dalembert Douglas Lee Budinger Patterson Hill