Any Knicks/Lakers Game Thread on the way?

Who will win the Amare vs Pau Gasol battle?

• Amare will wipe his ass with that euro

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Gasol will make Amare look softer then he did last night

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • With Bynum out, Gasol will player center you dumbass

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
You just watched a game where every knick player was out of position. How did this happen? D'Antoni calls it "coaching" and "training".

nyk_nyk

All Star
Goodnight fellas. Hopefully MOA is on his way out. I don't even want him to benefit from having Davis now.

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly if Chris Duhon and David Lee can get a bit of 2 man game going and win us ball games how come none of our current players can? It's not that god damn hard!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
STAT said in the locker room he sprained his wittle ankle and is no guarantee for Sacramento. BOO FRIGGEN HOO

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously if the Lakers can run a Kobe-Josh McRoberts pick and roll, why the hell can't the Knicks run a Melo-Amar'e one? Hell CHRIS DUHON could run the pick and roll with David Lee, two players who are far inferior to Melo and Amar'e...fix this shit, man.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Did anyone just see VC's potential game winner? Still wish we coulda brought him in this offseason.
And for some reason he was barely played. Ever since he was traded from the Nets teams think he's just a role player when he still has some sick offensive talent. He still clowns people if they let him.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mega Quote

STAT is a ****ing unintellegent basketball player.

thats it

niqqa is stoopid.

I'm inclined to agree. He's going to ruin Tyson Chandler's well established reputation as a defensive player, as well.

Seriously this is pathetic come on.

They look like they're playing street ball with uniforms.

And I'm officially convinced that D'Antoni has no idea how to coach defense. The Lakers have scored 30 points in the paint and it's pretty damn pathetic. Josh McRoberts getting an alleyoop? Come on, Come on, come the **** on!

Did anyone see Craig Sager call him on it? MD was livid. I loved that! :lol:

How about running the pick n roll with carmelo and amare once in a while?

****ing tell me about it, KS3! Why isn't this entire site all over it? It's literally the most odd shit and I don't understand it.

Even the announcers said "what kind of basketball is this? LOL It's Antoni ball! Just pass the ball around the 3 pt line until the shot clock runs out and chuck it up. What a gameplan! :peace:

I was hysterical when Balkman and Anthony were going pass for pass from the 45 @ the arc to the right corner - back, forth, back, forth - Melo chucks a 3.

Does anyone remember that? That was the epitome of offensive incompetence.

Damn Reggie just questioned what brand of basketball the Knicks are playing. How can dantoni not even be up out of his seat yelling???

As far as I can tell, it's borderline taboo for a commentator to do that on national TV. Goes to show how perplexed he was. He wasn't half as ****ing perplexed as me.

We need to set some screens for Melo instead of isolating him, all teams do is clog the paint because we dont move without the ball

Can someone please tell me why we don't. Anyone?

You guys need Baron Davis badly D'Antoni's offense is terrible without a decent PG

Bull shit! That is not the case. Douglas sucks, but that is not the be all and end all of this team's offensive woes.

I hate to say I said so but come on this team looks like shit on offense.

Settling for jumpers like ass.

It's the system VS the pieces. It's trash - the players are not.

Damn I hate to say it but amare looks like hot garbage! This guy is not a smart basketball player. Plenty of talent but no basketball smarts.

I know. It pains me. :barf:

Are we this bad or are the Lakers that good

This is ugly offensive bball

I've been whining about it since last year. Now, MD's finally being exposed. There is literally no excuse for what has happened over the last 2 games: no excuse for professionals to look so completely confused by one another. No ****ing excuse.

Amare's lack of a low post game is killing the Knicks the Lakers know exactly what he wants to do he's prob praying for Baron Davis to get healthy.

WRONG! He has a post game! He has! He posted Gasol in the second quarter, spun hard, used his weight, got to the line. Too strong, too quick. It's his inability to create a shot for himself that is the issue. Actually, the issue is that he thinks he's so capable - and so does MD.

I've watched this entire game and it never looked like we were running any plays. Just playground basketball

:lol: We haven't run plays for 89 games. Why are people only beginning to realize this?

Agreed. Absolutely no plays.

Echo.

KR0rK.gif

:lol:

Carmelo Anthony had 27pts, 7rebs, 5ast and shot 8/14.....and he had a bad game in my eyes. I need the Melo from Opening Night, Every Night. As you go we go

Melo played the game afforded to him by the worst offensive strategy in the NBA. At times, he was excellent. Others - pathetic. But, as I constantly reiterate, we are the most predictable offensive mess in the league. It is too easy for the defense.

Chandler had 13pts, 11rebs, 3stls and 2blks plus only 1 foul and had a bad game in my eyes.

Amar'e Stoudemire is to blame for this ENTIRELY

Seriously if the Lakers can run a Kobe-Josh McRoberts pick and roll, why the hell can't the Knicks run a Melo-Amar'e one? Hell CHRIS DUHON could run the pick and roll with David Lee, two players who are far inferior to Melo and Amar'e...fix this shit, man.

How do we fix it? One simple and resounding answer.

pat

Starter
Fields couldent hit the water from brooklyn bridge...

Yet he had the best eff-score (0) of all starters. That tells you a lot about the effort our so called star players are putting in. As far as coaching is concerned, they are on a road trip and there was little to no time for preparation. You all hailed Woodson as the second coming of Thibodeau. However we still suck on D.
Even if the last two games were an embarrassment, firing our head coach right now does not make any sense. There is now way any coach could do anything about what is wrong with the team at this point: lack of effort on D, bad decision making and -- worst of all and as I said last season already -- two forwards whose style of play is absolutely incompatible among each other and with MDA's preferred style of play Throw Chandler into the mix on offence and you have got a veritable nightmare. It might very well turn out to be true that you can only run this type of basketball with Steve Nash at the point (although Felton seemed to be doing fine for the best part of the last season), yet you are still stuck with the other problem: Amare and Melo not clicking.
Again, we have got a talented, but ill-constructed team. David Lee and Zach Randolph al over again.

If I wasn't such a big fan, I'd almost laugh at us.

Must be funny for neutral fans how we constantly manage to **** ourselves...look at teams like Oklahoma they rebuilt through the DRAFT!

When was the last time we actually drafted a legit player? Mark Jackson in the 80s!

We've traded away all of our good picks over the last 15-20 years...Nene, Lamarcus Aldrige, Josh Smith, Joakim Noah, Gordon Hayward have all been selected with our first round picks we've traded away over the years....

Donnie did such a good job to clear all the cap space and he signed us some good players in Amar'e and Felton and then Dolan steps in to **** up all the work once again by killing the chemistry with the Melo and Chandler acquisitions....

We are the most talented franchise in the NBA in terms of killing ourselves :cool:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If I wasn't such a big fan, I'd almost laugh at us.

Must be funny for neutral fans how we constantly manage to **** ourselves...look at teams like Oklahoma they rebuilt through the DRAFT!

When was the last time we actually drafted a legit player? Mark Jackson in the 80s!

1. I laughed all game. It was a f'ing joke.

2. OKC were effectively an expansion team post Sonics folding.

3. We sell picks. Worked out really well for us.

Crazy⑧s;192496 said:
1. I laughed all game. It was a f'ing joke.

2. OKC were effectively an expansion team post Sonics folding.

3. We sell picks. Worked out really well for us.

Well I can't laugh, just shook my head all game long...it's too painful.

I wouldn't call OKC an expansion team, it's still the Sonics franchise, just with a different name and location. In fact, they even picked Durant and Westbrook under their old name Seattle Sonics, just before they were relocated. Their front office just did a good job.

Is the last sentence supposed to be ironic? Just asking, because I don't see how it worked well for us at all, we've missed the Playoffs for 8 straight years or so prior to last season and we haven't won a Playoff Game in over a decade.......

KingCharles34

All Star
It woulda been nice to at least get an entertaining game one of the last 2 nights. The Knicks fukked up everybodys nights, whoever stayed up to watch that game and usually doesnt stay up that late takes an L. Im always up until 2am :smokin:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It woulda been nice to at least get an entertaining game one of the last 2 nights. The Knicks fukked up everybodys nights, whoever stayed up to watch that game and usually doesnt stay up that late takes an L. Im always up until 2am :smokin:
Been up about 4 AM the last few days. Good sleeping management.:smokin: