Fire D'Antoni

metrocard

Legend
b216863771.jpg

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I say give him 20 games. If we're under .500 by then, fire his ass. MDA's offensive sets (if it even exists) is not suitable for the core players that we have. He doesn't seem to do good when he has a good front court. I remember when he got Shaq in Phoenix, the Suns struggled hard.

What we need is a defensive minded coach who can come up with halfcourt plays on offense, like Doc Rivers.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Here is the trade I like to see

Sixers get Mo Williams Foye Stat (save money & go-to interior scorer)
Clippers get Iggy Douglas (best starting lineup in NBA)
Knicks get Holiday Meeks Brand (Knicks get their PG)

when healthy solidy perimeter defender & shotblocker Field at his natural position.Knicks should be have better flow

Holiday Shumpert Fields Melo Chandler-S Davis Meeks Novak Brand Jeffries

Turner Lou-Will Young Stat Spreights-S Mo-Will Foye Nocioni Brackin Hawes)

Cp3 Iggy Butler Griffin Jordan-S Billups Douglas Gomes Evan Thompkins-B

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Why the hell would we trade Amar'e, one of the most talented big men in the game, for a dookie like Elton Brand? Just to get Jrue Holiday?

Hell no. STAT is one of the best players in the game, the only reason he's not producing right now is the fact that Mike D has absolutely no ****ing clue how to run a team without Steve Nash.

If we find a coach that actually knows what the hell he's doing and doesn't just rely on superstars to design the plays for him we might go somewhere. 6 million dollar a year coach D'Antoni got ****ed up the ass by Mark Jackson coaching his second NBA game. STAT was a mediocre defensive player when Alvin Gentry was coaching him, now that he's got Mike D again he's regressed and gotten much worse...if it weren't for Carmelo being a monster on offense D'Antoni would be fired by the middle of January.

Wargames

Starter
I got back from a midnight showing of mission impossible at Imax (you must see that movie on Imax!!!) And now that im home watching the game on DVR all I can say is D'antoni is completely disengaged and letting the players just shoot.... Fields gets in foul trouble and D'antoni just gives him an evil look and send someone in. Dude is playing like a lame duck coach 3 games into the damn season. A few times Woodson is seen he is holding his head in his hands like he cant believe the train wreck he is watching.

Ssol with everyone having shooting issues is horrible. Man baron and shumpert and jefferies (who cant shoot but plays smart D) not being in is also horrible but D'antoni should still coach and try dammit.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That's the thing D'Antoni doesn't coach he just tells them to shoot and get the ball in the basket.

Seriously I'm betting Mike Woodson is thinking in his head "How the hell did a guy like this ever get a coaching job?"

If you look at good coaches such as Spoelstra, Carlisle, Brown (both Mike and Larry), Skiles, Jackson, Riley, etc., they're constantly standing up during the games and instructing their players. They're constantly giving the players pointers in the middle of games, making sure they're doing what they need to be doing, and calling plays from the sideline because they're analyzing the other team's strengths and weaknesses.

Pay attention to how many times Mike D actually stands up during the game and let me know what you find out!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
That's the thing D'Antoni doesn't coach he just tells them to shoot and get the ball in the basket.

Seriously I'm betting Mike Woodson is thinking in his head "How the hell did a guy like this ever get a coaching job?"

If you look at good coaches such as Spoelstra, Carlisle, Brown (both Mike and Larry), Skiles, Jackson, Riley, etc., they're constantly standing up during the games and instructing their players. They're constantly giving the players pointers in the middle of games, making sure they're doing what they need to be doing, and calling plays from the sideline because they're analyzing the other team's strengths and weaknesses.

Pay attention to how many times Mike D actually stands up during the game and let me know what you find out!

Nah Phil Jackson constantly sat and let the players figure a lot of stuff out on their own.

Wargames

Starter
Nah Phil Jackson constantly sat and let the players figure a lot of stuff out on their own.

Thats because his kneee were failing him. He would however constantly yell stuff to the players in the game.

Like I said D'antoni has disengaged out there. Hell last season he would stand and yell and call out plays. Now I think he is just a passive observer. Once Baron heals he may try to coach again..... right now he's not coaching in game and there is no excuse mid season....let alone game 3 of a shortened season.

Also what is with Amare acting like he is dirk all of a sudden.

Last edited:

Spoelstra.....it's not hard winning over 50 games with Lebron and Wade on your roster...Carlisle - yeah good coach, Larry Brown came here and failed, Scott Skiles is a ****ing racist - no black music in the locker room, no headbands, Riley didn't get us a championship either and Phil Jackson is retired.

You guys are missing the bigger picture, it's easy to blame the coach, but ask yourself for a second where the logic is in:

Hiring a run and gun SSOL coach only to acquire half court - slow pace players like Anthony and Chandler.

Signing a superstar PF who relies on the pick and roll about 80-90% and then trading away the only half decent point guard we've had since the early days of Marbury.

This roster is terribly assembled, one of the worst assembled, if not THE worst assembled roster in the league!
NO chemistry and the different types of players just don't fit together.
Our management thought they were playing fantasy basketball and just throwing 3 big names in the hat will make a championship team - bullshit!

I liked the early 10-11 roster much better, yes we were limited talent-wise, but we had chemistry and the players fitted together.

No coach in the world can solve the Amar'e - Melo problem and Chandler is completely wasted alongside them and only eating up cap space.

Amar'e was the first one here and he brought us back to contention, but Melo is younger and some kind of a local hero....tough decision, but one has to go or we'll be stuck around .500 forever......

Reactions: pat

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I've read something interesting on an other board:

- They are tanking to get him out.

- If they play like this for 5 more games I'd actually consider that a possibility. The players don't seem to be on anybody's wavelength, certainly not the coach's. If he's lost them, they probably figure they won't win it all anyway and they can still push for the playoffs after stinking up the first 10 games and getting him canned. These games were so bizarre, I'd almost believe it.

- Come to think of it, this tanking on the coach conspiracy may have some merit. Clearly the guys have championship aspirations, and are clamoring for a new defense-first culture. D'antoni doesn't approach the game like it's his craft, actually scouting other teams, making defensive game plans, in-game defensive adjustments, calling players out, screaming on them to box out, etc. and the guys can see it, and they don't like it.

I can't believe how you all fail to see it's the way the roster is assembled....

of course D'Antoni sucks for a place like New York, but come on and open your eyes people, this roster is not going to work!

Remember that 2004 USA team? They failed in the World Championships in Indianapolis, because the roster had NO chemistry and was terribly assembled. As a consequence they hired coach K and take a serious look at chemistry since then and not just big names or superstar status.

The 2010 team had hardly any superstars apart from Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose, but they played brilliant basketball and killed everybody because it was a well assembled team.

pat

Starter
- Come to think of it, this tanking on the coach conspiracy may have some merit. Clearly the guys have championship aspirations, and are clamoring for a new defense-first culture.[/I]

Really? Amare and Melo asking for more defence? I can't see that happening. It might very well be true that he lost them and they want him out, however, I think it is more likely that the haven't got a clue what it is they want.

Wargames

Starter
Spoelstra.....it's not hard winning over 50 games with Lebron and Wade on your roster...Carlisle - yeah good coach, Larry Brown came here and failed, Scott Skiles is a ****ing racist - no black music in the locker room, no headbands, Riley didn't get us a championship either and Phil Jackson is retired.

You guys are missing the bigger picture, it's easy to blame the coach, but ask yourself for a second where the logic is in:

Hiring a run and gun SSOL coach only to acquire half court - slow pace players like Anthony and Chandler.

Signing a superstar PF who relies on the pick and roll about 80-90% and then trading away the only half decent point guard we've had since the early days of Marbury.

This roster is terribly assembled, one of the worst assembled, if not THE worst assembled roster in the league!
NO chemistry and the different types of players just don't fit together.
Our management thought they were playing fantasy basketball and just throwing 3 big names in the hat will make a championship team - bullshit!

I liked the early 10-11 roster much better, yes we were limited talent-wise, but we had chemistry and the players fitted together.

No coach in the world can solve the Amar'e - Melo problem and Chandler is completely wasted alongside them and only eating up cap space.

Amar'e was the first one here and he brought us back to contention, but Melo is younger and some kind of a local hero....tough decision, but one has to go or we'll be stuck around .500 forever......

i disagree with you on your point amare and melo cannot work together. I think they can but they have to compromise their individual games. Also the coach needs to design more.plays that works to.their strengths.

On another note though I do agree the knicks were.to eager to slash their roster to basically get star players. I will go farther and agree felton for Billups is where the idea went south but arguably due to the amnesty clause the Knicks lucked out and was able to add 4 players who could hold their own at the position when the plan was to have a big three. But f**k it the majority of fans wanted stars the organization publicly tanke forr 2 years to get those stars they now need to make them work.

But coaching is to blame here as well. Where is the ball movement? Where are the Melo post plays? Why isn't their any public recognition in post game that amare is shooting horribly? Honestly the team he had last year before the Melo trade was the most complete team he's had. They had heart and no glaribg weakness. In fact TD was the second man off the bench because we had decent depth. However right now he has the best front court in the game playing mostly on the perimeter. Yeah Amare and Melo might like that but your the coach tell them to work for shots not just lob it up there and see if it goes in. I mean Mike brown had the lakers play the knicks man to man to encourage the behavior. Why should they need to double bad shooters or do a zone when as soon as the knicks meet defensive resistance they are going to shoot the ball?

Wargames

Starter
I've read something interesting on an other board:

- They are tanking to get him out.

- If they play like this for 5 more games I'd actually consider that a possibility. The players don't seem to be on anybody's wavelength, certainly not the coach's. If he's lost them, they probably figure they won't win it all anyway and they can still push for the playoffs after stinking up the first 10 games and getting him canned. These games were so bizarre, I'd almost believe it.

- Come to think of it, this tanking on the coach conspiracy may have some merit. Clearly the guys have championship aspirations, and are clamoring for a new defense-first culture. D'antoni doesn't approach the game like it's his craft, actually scouting other teams, making defensive game plans, in-game defensive adjustments, calling players out, screaming on them to box out, etc. and the guys can see it, and they don't like it.

Idk that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, and passing the blame from the coafh to the players. All of them we're talking championships in unision. Anyhow mike woodson may not be better and I say it would take a bad record over about 20 games for him to fired. Tge knicks are just playing horribly and need to sync. The knicks should run simple plays and build up chemistry.