Fire D'Antoni

Red

TYPE-A
We have to admit our biggest mistake was being convinced about D'Antoni.

1. Our drafting would have been different leading to a more optimal mix of players by now

2. Our player development would be much better by now

3. We would have been a perennial playoff team by now, at least on par with Portland

I guess it just wasn't in the cards. We've had two top ten draft pick opportunities and an owner & GM willing to spend and back up our coach. Although all is not lost. We still acquired some talent, and can right the ship.

But whatever we do to correct this mistake, it must be quick.

I hear coaches defending Mike such as JVG. I can only conclude that either this is the politically correct thing to do or JVG doesn't really watch us night in and out. I know he knows better than that.

The same day he defended Mike, our team shot over 40 threes.

Now whether MOA is directly telling players to do this, or this is how his instructions are translated really matters not. The body of work and different rosters have interpreted MOA's philosophy to do the same thing.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We have to admit our biggest mistake was being convinced about D'Antoni.

1. Our drafting would have been different leading to a more optimal mix of players by now

2. Our player development would be much better by now

3. We would have been a perennial playoff team by now, at least on par with Portland

I guess it just wasn't in the cards. We've had two top ten draft pick opportunities and an owner & GM willing to spend and back up our coach. Although all is not lost. We still acquired some talent, and can right the ship.

But whatever we do to correct this mistake, it must be quick.

I hear coaches defending Mike such as JVG. I can only conclude that either this is the politically correct thing to do or JVG doesn't really watch us night in and out. I know he knows better than that.

The same day he defended Mike, our team shot over 40 threes.

Now whether MOA is directly telling players to do this, or this is how his instructions are translated really matters not. The body of work and different rosters have interpreted MOA's philosophy to do the same thing.

Really?

4 copy and pastes in separate threads?

KingofNy

Starter
Sticking to the subject here, and to be serious, think about this re: D'Toni:

Offensive geen-yus?? - Well, what does he teach? Melo does not need any ideas from D'Toni.

Stat is stuck, does our coach try to set him up, pick & roll, set screens for him, have him roll to the basket, etc.? NO!

D'Toni was a point guard. Has he done anything to teach young Douglas how to run a team, how to spot an open lane, how to direct people to be in their best spot on the floor? NO!

Does our coach call a time out when things are going bad and switch the gameplan, let a player know how someone is beating him off of a screen, tell players to shut down the baseline and turn the other teams player back inside where a Chandler type defender can contain him? NO!

Does our coach just simply sit and watch the game and make zero adjustments? YES!

So, seriously, what benefit does he add to this or any other team? NONE!

Is Phil Jackson watching and thinking of the potential back in NYC? I think yes.

I hope Phil wants to come here as well. MDA doesn't benefit this team one bit. The players are playing for themselves, not for the coach and we DIE every 2nd half because of that.

One of our main problems is MDA isn't coaching our guys. It's obvious that they're not setting picks correctly or EVEN LOOKING for the roller after they roll off.

Douglas had one good pass inside yesterday right before the half that gave us hope only to have the Knicks come out in the second half and chuck just as we all knew they would.

This team will NEVER win chucking, EVEN if we go 50% from 3 and shoot 50 3's. Fire MDA!