Melo's a cancer to the Knicks

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Melo did his part, how is he suspicious. 27 and thats a BAD game. Stoudemire hasnt done anything.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Wow some fans are crazy

Anthony and Stoudemire dont fit together......yes they do if they had a PG who could control the pace of the game

Melo ruined the team by forcing a trade....like Gallo and Chandler(Wilson) are going to carry the team in the playoffs when STAT gets injured

We still could have had Felton.......there are many Feltons....not many Melo's

Fields sucked when Melo came.....the coach has him sit in the corner and he can barely get a shot off because his release is too slow. Thats not Melo's fault

Is it Melo's fault D'Antoni can't run 1 play during the game to get an easy bucket.

Is it Melo's fault Amar'e is 6'11 260 and grabs 2 rebounds and gets is shot blocked 4 times

None of this is Melo's fault but he's easy to blame I guess. I'll criticize the team like the next fan for their effort but I'll give them these next 6 games which should be easy wins. I wanna see some effort on Defense and some movement on Offense

pat

Starter
Melo did his part, how is he suspicious. 27 and thats a BAD game. Stoudemire hasnt done anything.
As far as I am concerned, he is into too much off-the-court activity. Quite often he seems to be "not in the game". I find it frustrating how he is throwing away his undeniable talent.

As far as your Stoudemire-comment is concerned: That's what I meant by "mutually exclusive". He needs the ball in a motion towards the basket. With Melo holding the ball in a mid-range iso situation, that's not going to happen. Which brings be to problem number two: Why is Stat shooting threes and why is he lurking around the perimeter? Because he is trying to imitate Dirk. He said so himself (even though not in so many words). Why is he doing that? Because Chandler can only be effective on offence if he has enough room in the paint. Additionally he (Chandler) is clogging up the paint for Stoudemire's penetration as well as Melo's drives to the basket, which in turn allows teams to close out on him (Melo) aggressively.
What we have got here sir, is a badly assembled team. And how did that happen? Dolan getting into Donnie's business in order to bring Melo here, because we fans were screaming for him. So we were stuck with Stat and Amar'e and no chance to land CP3. Thus we did what everybody thought would be the next best thing: signing Chandler, as all the fans were screaming for more defence, without recognising that defence has got nothing to do with putting a big guy in the middle, but with effort.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Eh - we held the Lakers and Warriors to under 100. We have to win those games offensively...but STAT has been horrible.

The Lakers had an offensive rating of 114.4, and the Warriors aren't the fast paced team they were under Mark Jackson. The defense is still as bad as last year, but now the offense is terrible too. Tyson Chandler can help on defense, but if everyone else looks lost on that end the team defense will still be poor. Amare looks god awful on defense so far, Douglas can't guard a chair. The Lakers had about 3-4 lobs for layups/dunks yesterday because the team defense is really bad at times.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Some of you STILL think the team before Melo would have any chance against the Heat this year!? LMAO! If STAT played like this last year we would have done NOTHING. You should all thank god that Melo even wanted to come here. Ahahahaahahahahaahaha
WHAT A JOKE! Ahahahahaahah

And you think we're doing anything this year with this roster? You're in for a major disappointment.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't think it's fair to say the roster is bad. I mean, look at LeBron and Wade. Do their games really complement each other that well? Not really cause it's the EXACT SAME SHIT from both of them. They're like 90% the same player.

Spoelstra was able to coach those guys to the NBA Finals in their FIRST YEAR. IF we have a point guard and coach who can run both a fast-paced pick and roll as well as a slow-paced iso game when other teams are forcing us into the half-court then we might actually go somewhere. Having multiple offensive weapons that thrive in different situations is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
And you think we're doing anything this year with this roster? You're in for a major disappointment.
I think we a real point guard and bringing in one more piece we will be able to do a hell of a lot more than the old Knicks could.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think we a real point guard and bringing in one more piece we will be able to do a hell of a lot more than the old Knicks could.

Fair enough. I think the old team + $18 mil in cap space this offseason could have built a team a hell of a lot better than the one we're stuck with.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Also fair. Either way, neither team would win the championship and that's what we're all aiming fro

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Also fair. Either way, neither team would win the championship and that's what we're all aiming fro

I'm not sure about that. While I'm positive the current roster cannot win a championship, I think we could have built a championship contender without trading for Melo. Melo was not the be all and end all for us.

quiggle

Starter
it was you same group that said Marbury was God's gift in 2004 so im not sweating some of your flames against me because soon enough you will see the light, this team should technically be 0-3 they barely beat the worthless Celtics. stop believing the media hype this team is for real, its Dolan acting like Donald Trump and feeding the media card. if some of you are happy Melo caused u to pay higher price for tickets or cant even go to the games then you need to get out of dodge.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
This is way too early to freak out. Melo is definitely not the one to blame, he works hard on his game and can score. For me time should get most of the blame. Douglas is not a point guard, not enough time to prepare, Iman got hurt Baron is out, and it has been three games.

I am not surprised at all by this start; the goal right now is make the playoffs, which the Knicks will. The season will prepare the team for what really matters, making some noise in the playoffs. Everything will look better soon, the Knicks will have a rough start but will find their way. I see the Knicks being in the 4th or 5th seed, and this is what we want.

Give it time.

quiggle

Starter
Melo because of you I cant afford to go to a Knicks game but then again I dont need to go see patheitc basketball by you.

this is what we shipped Chandler, Mogov, Gallinari for?

Den318

Benchwarmer
He is completely lost this year. It's painful to watch him play. Forget about a superstar year, he is having a WAY below avg year in anyone's standard (39% shooting). If he is not Carmelo, he would be sitting on the bench like TD. His year is almost as bad as TD's year.
The way he is playing right now, we will not make the playoff. I will not be surprise to see the Knicks at 7 games under .500, just like before Linsanity starts.

fender0577

Rotation player
He is completely lost this year. It's painful to watch him play. Forget about a superstar year, he is having a WAY below avg year in anyone's standard (39% shooting). If he is not Carmelo, he would be sitting on the bench like TD. His year is almost as bad as TD's year.
The way he is playing right now, we will not make the playoff. I will not be surprise to see the Knicks at 7 games under .500, just like before Linsanity starts.
No one has been as bad as TD, he was playing the worst ball in the NBA, hands down.But C'ANToni refused to sit him, unitl LIN gave him no choice.

petescud

Starter
Melo is the problem, but only if Dantoni is coaching. A good coach makes adjustments to our problems. Dantoni just rides the problem hoping the players fix things themselves. Well after what 6-7 games back Melo isn't going to fix anything just yet. We look like a first round disappointment again. Hopefully Dantoni goes and we get someone who can coach these guys. We have guys that should bring us closer to a .600 record then .500 imo