Melo's a cancer to the Knicks

The cancer is the coach. He has no clue on how to use the weapons we have. Stat, Melo, and other Knicks (recent and current) were above average contributors on their previous teams. Now that we have a mix of these great contributors on one team we can't seem to get any real productivity from them....hmmmm.

The answer should be obvious.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Melo is the problem, but only if Dantoni is coaching. A good coach makes adjustments to our problems. Dantoni just rides the problem hoping the players fix things themselves. Well after what 6-7 games back Melo isn't going to fix anything just yet. We look like a first round disappointment again. Hopefully Dantoni goes and we get someone who can coach these guys. We have guys that should bring us closer to a .600 record then .500 imo

That is the most frustrating part. This team as it's currently constructed should not be hovering around .500. We have two superstars and a legit NBA center. Our bench is better than most teams. Our record certainly does not reflect our potentials.

It's too early to pin the blame on Melo. Sure he hasn't produced like years past but over the past few games he was really trying to adjust to MDA's system. So do old dogs ever learn new tricks?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If Melo stinks it up again tonight, he deserves all the ripping that he gets.

Out of all the players earning in excess of $17M this year, Melo is in the lower echelon. Rashard Lewis style. Arenas style.

How should we feel about that as fans?

cheapandcheerful

Benchwarmer
late to the post but this threat is a joke.... it's just too easy to blame Melo! people failed to realize that this team was in some deep shit before Lin surfaced otherwise knicks might have a new coach by now ..

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Only if he's playing the way you should utilize a player who's earned nickname was "beast on the block." If his assignment is to hang out on the perimeter, receive a pass, and then get guilted into making the predetermined correct play...then I gotta look at the man who's incorrectly utilizing his player.

If Melo "plays into the system" we hate on him

If Melo says "this shit makes no sense" and plays his game, we hate on him.

And yet no one brings up the fact that STAT looks unsure, and out of sorts when on the court with Tyson, and WAY more comfortable when he's on the court playing center. The same guy we signed.....to play center....until we got a true center this season. So we signed STAT to play a position that we then upgrade a year later, but people keep saying "oh, give it time" as if...what? Tyson is gonna vanish from the starting line up? STAT's coming off the bench? What am I giving time? The athleticism was a problem when STAT was getting to the rim and getting demolished, but how often does he get to the rim with Chandler on the court? That's his game, PnR and crashing the basket...he's primarily a jump shooter with Chandler on the court, and the paint is more congested since it's not 3 guys spacing and a 1-5 PnR. If anyone is benefitting from Lin in the PnR, it's Tyson. So once again....the **** am I waiting for with STAT?

So we all have to wait on STAT to produce his center #s from last year while playing a different position...with an actual center on the court; but yet, Melo is supposed to play better while meandering around the perimeter to space the court....FOR WHO? FOR WHAT?...why in the hell is he spacing for anyone else? Where are the play calls specifically for him? The PnR with him and Lin, the PnR with him as the handler and STAT setting the pick....are we really going to watch him in an offense where his #1 priority is spacing...just as it was for Gallo and Wilson, and say "well you should be better at that"....excuse me, this is a joke, right?

This shit is getting disturbing.

Last edited:

Den318

Benchwarmer
late to the post but this threat is a joke.... it's just too easy to blame Melo! people failed to realize that this team was in some deep shit before Lin surfaced otherwise knicks might have a new coach by now ..

The team is in deep shit before Lin because of him and Stat. The team is back in deep shit because of them again. The problem is not the pgs. Nobody can win with those two bums.

quiggle

Starter
the last time Renaissance and Melo were teammates was in the olympics and what did they win? was it gold? and they had Larry Brown as head coach so picture what these two do with dantoni, the results are what you see.

must be good to be a nUGGETS fan these days so what if Melo has talent hes liek Marino and ARod they just are not winners

Kiyaman

Legend
Stop blaming players....FIRE Dantoni

Once we FIRE Dantoni.....we will have a winning postseason roster from the leadership of Tyson/Stat/Melo.....
the talent level we have on this Knicks roster will be outstanding once we have a halfcourt system with design plays for several players to score, and a help-defensive system where we dont have Pierce & Dirk shooting over our smaller players, or Stat defending Parker on the peremeter. We need a coach that knows what tandem or trio of players play best together on offense or defense.

In the Knicks last 3 games we watch coach Doc Rivers system, coach Rick Carlisle system, and the NBA best unified offense/defense system from Spurs strategic coach Pop.

Melo is not the problem, the coach doesn't know how to use his talents. The coach was a scrub player during his time in the NBA, so wtf does he really know?

The coach has no clue on how to work with greatness. He was a scrub PG, so the only knowledge he displays is trying to win games thru the PG position, he knows nothing else and it shows. He barely knows about the NBA PG position and he will continue to fail because of this very simple fact. All he does is wear out his own players. Basketball is about heart, and intensity....it's not about speed. All of this fast pace nonsense is breaking our team down.

Chandler and JJ are both resting sore legs (hangstring and 2 knees). Stat and Melo did the same last year and still show signs of fatigue this year. They are tired, hurt and show no real respect for the system. I can't say that I blame them.

No more player trades, trade clueless Pringles for a bag of Wise chips...

Once we FIRE Dantoni.....we will have a winning postseason roster from the leadership of Tyson/Stat/Melo.....
the talent level we have on this Knicks roster will be outstanding once we have a halfcourt system with design plays for several players to score, and a help-defensive system where we dont have Pierce & Dirk shooting over our smaller players, or Stat defending Parker on the peremeter. We need a coach that knows what tandem or trio of players play best together on offense or defense.

In the Knicks last 3 games we watch coach Doc Rivers system, coach Rick Carlisle system, and the NBA best unified offense/defense system from Spurs strategic coach Pop.

This is so ridiculous, I'm laughing my a off.

Sometimes I wonder if you really believe in the crap you post.

Daize

Rookie
Usually wouldn't post on such a red meat phrased thread title but my thoughts are vaguely related to the sentiment.

I've caught all the games lately on league pass and I gotta say, there seems to be some palpable ego tensions going on. I think with every possession now Melo's involvement is mainly the pre-Lin, iso stagnant offense, or less iso, but same stagnant create off the dribble feature of Melo (if that makes any sense).

It's clear the flow of the simple pick and roll Lin and the Knicks were perfecting while Melo was injured isn't there anymore. Mainly, the spacing on the floor just isn't there anymore. Help defenders are allowed an easier time to double and clog passing lanes without as much risk of losing their man as before.

Really haven't perused this forum to see if everyone is now ripping Lin, but I for one think those claims are convenient, perfunctory and lazy assessments without understanding what was making their offense successful a couple weeks ago.

I think right now Melo is playing square peg to D'antoni's offense's round hole for a lack of a better phrase. I hope the team will find a solution too, cause this team was uber fun to watch when they were 'winning and grinning'. :p

Last edited:

pat

Starter
[...] but I for one think those claims are convenient, perfunctory and lazy assessments without understanding what was making their offense successful a couple weeks ago.

Firing the coach is always the easiest option as well and hasn't it been a really successful strategy for this franchise in the last decade?

iSaYughh

Starter
Firing the coach is always the easiest option as well and hasn't it been a really successful strategy for this franchise in the last decade?

Though, if we fire D'antoni we will have had the fairly recent pleasures of shitting on and shit canning multiple Coaches of the Years, and at least one HOF bound coach; as well as arguably the greatest defensive minded HC in modern NBA history, and the greatest offensive minded HC.

It will grow the legend of the dumbass side of the NYK fan base to new heights.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Though, if we fire D'antoni we will have had the fairly recent pleasures of shitting on and shit canning multiple Coaches of the Years, and at least one HOF bound coach; as well as arguably the greatest defensive minded HC in modern NBA history, and the greatest offensive minded HC.

HAHA truth.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Knicks fans always want blood. I read that some of us are already turning on Lin? Wow, after what, just two weeks. Gotta love that loyalty.

Lots of blame to go around. Stats lost 10lbs in one week. He should sell that diet plan. It seems to have paid off. He's quicker and appears more explosive. Also keep in mind that this is this teams first year together. Each year there's a different line up. The short season probably didn't help much. Chemistry can never happen if we continue changing the line up and coaching staff.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah, It wasn't D'Antoni that sat out during that 7 game win streak we had. It was Melo. I mean wtf kind of player just stands on the corner holds his hand up in the air demanding the PG pass him the ball. That has always been his game, except now his shots aren't falling and that has little to do with the coach right now imo. If you can't get open looks under D'Antoni then god help you. He changed his style slightly in like the 1 or 2 wins we had with him but in late game situations he goes back to his old self.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Knicks fans always want blood. I read that some of us are already turning on Lin? Wow, after what, just two weeks. Gotta love that loyalty.

Lots of blame to go around. Stats lost 10lbs in one week. He should sell that diet plan. It seems to have paid off. He's quicker and appears more explosive. Also keep in mind that this is this teams first year together. Each year there's a different line up. The short season probably didn't help much. Chemistry can never happen if we continue changing the line up and coaching staff.

Just curious, did Stat losee 10 lbs of his brain cells? He looked lost on defense.

Stability is a good thing but keeping the same roster intact for the sake of stability while being the perennial loser is not.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Just curious, did Stat losee 10 lbs of his brain cells? He looked lost on defense.

Stability is a good thing but keeping the same roster intact for the sake of stability while being the perennial loser is not.

Name the last time we had a consistent roster for more than two seasons?
As soon as things don't go well the first thing Knicks fans say are trades and fire a coach. But for who? Phil Jackson aint riding to MSG on a white horse. What's the alternative? And if the alternative doesn't work, do we fire that guy and make more trades after a single season?

skisloper

Starter

Lost on defense would mean he is playing differently.......
He seems to know exactly where he is and what he is going.......He plays defense like he's scared......its Like when a 12 year old in baseball gets hit by a pitch....next time up they are so scared and hesitant in the batters box.....This is what Amare looks like every game.....I mean one would hope someone shows him the film and sees how he as the guy is running by him for the pay up Stat is already mving to the baseline to take the ball out after the hit lay up

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Name the last time we had a consistent roster for more than two seasons?
As soon as things don't go well the first thing Knicks fans say are trades and fire a coach. But for who? Phil Jackson aint riding to MSG on a white horse. What's the alternative? And if the alternative doesn't work, do we fire that guy and make more trades after a single season?

So is consistently bad a good thing? Do you think this Knicks team under MDA will start playing significantly better without any tweaking?

There is a reason why we get performance review on a yearly basis. If I perform as badly on my job, I know I'd be sent packing.