Melo's a cancer to the Knicks

quiggle

Starter
first we destroyed a team beginning to kick in with chemistry to get him, then ticket prices were raised screwing us fans, he's screwed the progress of Fields and Renaissance Man is not giving the same effort last season because its now Melo's team. if he wasnt such a selfish prick forcing the trade and signed off season, CP3 might be here and we need more of a pg than c anyway. keep dreaming if you think we'll win a championship with him here. worse than Marbury.

cce_canthony_inpkg_photos__90304_zoom.jpg

Reactions: pat

Red

TYPE-A
first we destroyed a team beginning to kick in with chemistry to get him, then ticket prices were raised screwing us fans, he's screwed the progress of Fields and Renaissance Man is not giving the same effort last season because its now Melo's team. if he wasnt such a selfish prick forcing the trade and signed off season, CP3 might be here and we need more of a pg than c anyway. keep dreaming if you think we'll win a championship with him here. worse than Marbury.

cce_canthony_inpkg_photos__90304_zoom.jpg

Yeah because having one of the most prolific scorers and clutch shooters was something we didn't even need.

Shaking my motherf*cking head.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I couldn't disagree more. Melo isn't the problem. The coach is. We have no movement. No offensive movement, just scrimmage style offense! I saw most of the golden state game, and they played off of different offensive sets and they have a first year head coach. I really believe that this is D'antoni's last year (or hope it is).

p0nder

Starter
quiggle you are the ultimate on this board. you really keep things interesting. I mean, it's beyond trolling, you must do research into your threads before hand to see what will get the biggest amount of hate/reaction. But you do it with finesse, picking your battles over things that very well could be true.

I can't really blame Melo for Fields disappearing and STAT taking a vacation. I mean, a man is a man and has his own life to live and responsibilities to take care of. These guys just need to step it up as individuals.

Yes we can blame him for forcing the trade. But that blame could land on Dolan or Donnie just as easily. Hell if you really want to stretch tp blame someone, blame the fans who shouted "We Want Melo!" at home games before the trade deadline. This forced the hand of management, who was very likely in the process of getting Deron Williams instead but caved to fan pressure to bring in the "big name".

Out of all of our players since Melo arrived, the only one to play with effort consistently has been Melo. He's not a bad guy or a locker room distraction. He usually has decent numbers on a nightly basis. he is the one who arrived and started the "team-defense" concept. Overall i gotta say i'm pleased with Melo's arrival and first few games as a knick.

The other people around him however need to step it up. STAT in particular, but Fields needs to wake up and our back court needs to be shook up big time. Fire D'antoni. etc etc. I'm no Melo homer, i'm just calling it as i see it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Imagine if we hadn't traded for Melo. We would have had $18 mil in cap space this offseason with Felton, Gallo, Mozgov, Randolph, Wilson's rights, Turiaf and draft picks. I can think of a million scenarios of how we could have built a much better team than the one we're stuck with now.

Reactions: pat

pat

Starter
Imagine if we hadn't traded for Melo. We would have had $18 mil in cap space this offseason with Felton, Gallo, Mozgov, Randolph, Wilson's rights, Turiaf and draft picks. I can think of a million scenarios of how we could have built a much better team than the one we're stuck with now.
And you said so all along.

I couldn't disagree more. Melo isn't the problem. The coach is. We have no movement. No offensive movement [...] !
Did you ever watch Denver games before the trade (and I don't mean highlights). They had their best offensive flow with Melo on the bench. All the signs were there.

No have a look at his Google+ profile and you'll see why he wanted to be in NY. Clue: It doesn't have anything to do with either basketball or winning.

Don't say that or you'll get crucified on this board.....I got a lot of Heat (not Miami) for saying the Melo trade screwed us and we need to trade either him or Amar'e to revive the roster.....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Don't say that or you'll get crucified on this board.....I got a lot of Heat (not Miami) for saying the Melo trade screwed us and we need to trade either him or Amar'e to revive the roster.....

Oh, I know. I was saying we shouldn't trade for Melo over a year ago, when the rumors started. I got a lot of grief then, and still do.

The coach is the problem. All this talent and he still finds excuses. Get rid of him and find a coach that knows how coach defense and design plays for Stat and Mello. D'Ant is phoney, all he freaking cares about is a PG. He is the wackest coach I've laid eyes on and I wouldn't even recommend him to coach High school ball. All he will do is waste our talent, money, and hopes. He might get some praise on the blacktops but even there people play Defense.

petescud

Starter
need a coach that the players will play for...only a few come to mind that aren't on the floor already....JVG or Jackson....maybe a few more i'm not thinking right now. Melo isn't a cancer. He and Amar'e need guidence from a real coach and to be held accountable even more so defensively. Whenever i hear that dantoni idiot talking at halftime, i get sick...this coach has no set plays

KBlack25

Starter
The coach is the problem. All this talent and he still finds excuses. Get rid of him and find a coach that knows how coach defense and design plays for Stat and Mello. D'Ant is phoney, all he freaking cares about is a PG. He is the wackest coach I've laid eyes on and I wouldn't even recommend him to coach High school ball. All he will do is waste our talent, money, and hopes. He might get some praise on the blacktops but even there people play Defense.

Offense - not defense - has been the issue this year.

Defense is still suspect, it's just now the shock of our suddenly lame offense is over shadowing our weak defense. Chandler helps but the poor positioning and easy baskets are still there. We gave up way too many points in the paint last night. At times there was no one under the basket but gold jerseys while the knicks are at the 3point line double teaming with poor rotation.

KBlack25

Starter
Defense is still suspect, it's just now the shock of our suddenly lame offense is over shadowing our weak defense. Chandler helps but the poor positioning and easy baskets are still there. We gave up way too many points in the paint last night. At times there was no one under the basket but gold jerseys while the knicks are at the 3point line double teaming with poor rotation.

Eh - we held the Lakers and Warriors to under 100. We have to win those games offensively...but STAT has been horrible.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Some of you STILL think the team before Melo would have any chance against the Heat this year!? LMAO! If STAT played like this last year we would have done NOTHING. You should all thank god that Melo even wanted to come here. Ahahahaahahahahaahaha
WHAT A JOKE! Ahahahahaahah

pat

Starter
Some of you STILL think the team before Melo would have any chance against the Heat this year!? LMAO! If STAT played like this last year we would have done NOTHING. You should all thank god that Melo even wanted to come here. Ahahahaahahahahaahaha
WHAT A JOKE! Ahahahahaahah

And once again...
Melo's and Stat's game do not fit together. That's one of the reasons why we suck so badly. Without the trade we would still have a pg in Felton (or even Deron Williams or Chris Paul). This is a prime example of a badly crafted team. Neither, Stat, Chandler nor Melo, are to blame (Although I find Melo suspicious). It's just that the things they do well are mutually exclusive and I pity Douglas for trying to become a pointguard under these circumstances.