Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melo's a cancer to the Knicks

Veteran

Defense is still suspect, it's just now the shock of our suddenly lame offense is over shadowing our weak defense. Chandler helps but the poor positioning and easy baskets are still there. We gave up way too many points in the paint last night. At times there was no one under the basket but gold jerseys while the knicks are at the 3point line double teaming with poor rotation.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Anyone who blames the stars and not the coach is a moron... Straight up.
    My favourite argument so far. Now you completely convinced me. I fully agree. the players have got nothing to do with it.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Defense is still suspect, it's just now the shock of our suddenly lame offense is over shadowing our weak defense. Chandler helps but the poor positioning and easy baskets are still there. We gave up way too many points in the paint last night. At times there was no one under the basket but gold jerseys while the knicks are at the 3point line double teaming with poor rotation.
    Eh - we held the Lakers and Warriors to under 100. We have to win those games offensively...but STAT has been horrible.

Some of you STILL think the team before Melo would have any chance against the Heat this year!? LMAO! If STAT played like this last year we would have done NOTHING. You should all thank god that Melo even wanted to come here. Ahahahaahahahahaahaha
    WHAT A JOKE! Ahahahahaahah

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Some of you STILL think the team before Melo would have any chance against the Heat this year!? LMAO! If STAT played like this last year we would have done NOTHING. You should all thank god that Melo even wanted to come here. Ahahahaahahahahaahaha
    And once again...
    Melo's and Stat's game do not fit together. That's one of the reasons why we suck so badly. Without the trade we would still have a pg in Felton (or even Deron Williams or Chris Paul). This is a prime example of a badly crafted team. Neither, Stat, Chandler nor Melo, are to blame (Although I find Melo suspicious). It's just that the things they do well are mutually exclusive and I pity Douglas for trying to become a pointguard under these circumstances.

Melo did his part, how is he suspicious. 27 and thats a BAD game. Stoudemire hasnt done anything.

Wow some fans are crazy

Anthony and Stoudemire dont fit together......yes they do if they had a PG who could control the pace of the game

Melo ruined the team by forcing a trade....like Gallo and Chandler(Wilson) are going to carry the team in the playoffs when STAT gets injured

We still could have had Felton.......there are many Feltons....not many Melo's

Fields sucked when Melo came.....the coach has him sit in the corner and he can barely get a shot off because his release is too slow. Thats not Melo's fault

Is it Melo's fault D'Antoni can't run 1 play during the game to get an easy bucket.

Is it Melo's fault Amar'e is 6'11 260 and grabs 2 rebounds and gets is shot blocked 4 times

None of this is Melo's fault but he's easy to blame I guess. I'll criticize the team like the next fan for their effort but I'll give them these next 6 games which should be easy wins. I wanna see some effort on Defense and some movement on Offense

Thank you!

Melo did his part, how is he suspicious. 27 and thats a BAD game. Stoudemire hasnt done anything.
    As far as I am concerned, he is into too much off-the-court activity. Quite often he seems to be "not in the game". I find it frustrating how he is throwing away his undeniable talent.

As far as your Stoudemire-comment is concerned: That's what I meant by "mutually exclusive". He needs the ball in a motion towards the basket. With Melo holding the ball in a mid-range iso situation, that's not going to happen. Which brings be to problem number two: Why is Stat shooting threes and why is he lurking around the perimeter? Because he is trying to imitate Dirk. He said so himself (even though not in so many words). Why is he doing that? Because Chandler can only be effective on offence if he has enough room in the paint. Additionally he (Chandler) is clogging up the paint for Stoudemire's penetration as well as Melo's drives to the basket, which in turn allows teams to close out on him (Melo) aggressively.
    What we have got here sir, is a badly assembled team. And how did that happen? Dolan getting into Donnie's business in order to bring Melo here, because we fans were screaming for him. So we were stuck with Stat and Amar'e and no chance to land CP3. Thus we did what everybody thought would be the next best thing: signing Chandler, as all the fans were screaming for more defence, without recognising that defence has got nothing to do with putting a big guy in the middle, but with effort.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Eh - we held the Lakers and Warriors to under 100. We have to win those games offensively...but STAT has been horrible.
    The Lakers had an offensive rating of 114.4, and the Warriors aren't the fast paced team they were under Mark Jackson. The defense is still as bad as last year, but now the offense is terrible too. Tyson Chandler can help on defense, but if everyone else looks lost on that end the team defense will still be poor. Amare looks god awful on defense so far, Douglas can't guard a chair. The Lakers had about 3-4 lobs for layups/dunks yesterday because the team defense is really bad at times.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Douglas can't guard a chair.
    How did we get here from "that pesky defender off the bench."?

And you think we're doing anything this year with this roster? You're in for a major disappointment.

Veteran

I don't think it's fair to say the roster is bad. I mean, look at LeBron and Wade. Do their games really complement each other that well? Not really cause it's the EXACT SAME **** from both of them. They're like 90% the same player.

Spoelstra was able to coach those guys to the NBA Finals in their FIRST YEAR. IF we have a point guard and coach who can run both a fast-paced pick and roll as well as a slow-paced iso game when other teams are forcing us into the half-court then we might actually go somewhere. Having multiple offensive weapons that thrive in different situations is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And you think we're doing anything this year with this roster? You're in for a major disappointment.
    I think we a real point guard and bringing in one more piece we will be able to do a hell of a lot more than the old Knicks could.

I think we a real point guard and bringing in one more piece we will be able to do a hell of a lot more than the old Knicks could.
    Fair enough. I think the old team + $18 mil in cap space this offseason could have built a team a hell of a lot better than the one we're stuck with.