Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melo's a cancer to the Knicks

Also fair. Either way, neither team would win the championship and that's what we're all aiming fro

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Also fair. Either way, neither team would win the championship and that's what we're all aiming fro
    I'm not sure about that. While I'm positive the current roster cannot win a championship, I think we could have built a championship contender without trading for Melo. Melo was not the be all and end all for us.

it was you same group that said Marbury was God's gift in 2004 so im not sweating some of your flames against me because soon enough you will see the light, this team should technically be 0-3 they barely beat the worthless Celtics. stop believing the media hype this team is for real, its Dolan acting like Donald Trump and feeding the media card. if some of you are happy Melo caused u to pay higher price for tickets or cant even go to the games then you need to get out of dodge.

Don't feed the troll

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

This is way too early to freak out. Melo is definitely not the one to blame, he works hard on his game and can score. For me time should get most of the blame. Douglas is not a point guard, not enough time to prepare, Iman got hurt Baron is out, and it has been three games.

I am not surprised at all by this start; the goal right now is make the playoffs, which the Knicks will. The season will prepare the team for what really matters, making some noise in the playoffs. Everything will look better soon, the Knicks will have a rough start but will find their way. I see the Knicks being in the 4th or 5th seed, and this is what we want.

Give it time.

Melo because of you I cant afford to go to a Knicks game but then again I dont need to go see patheitc basketball by you.

this is what we shipped Chandler, Mogov, Gallinari for?

He is completely lost this year. It's painful to watch him play. Forget about a superstar year, he is having a WAY below avg year in anyone's standard (39% shooting). If he is not Carmelo, he would be sitting on the bench like TD. His year is almost as bad as TD's year.
    The way he is playing right now, we will not make the playoff. I will not be surprise to see the Knicks at 7 games under .500, just like before Linsanity starts.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Den318
    He is completely lost this year. It's painful to watch him play. Forget about a superstar year, he is having a WAY below avg year in anyone's standard (39% shooting). If he is not Carmelo, he would be sitting on the bench like TD. His year is almost as bad as TD's year.
    The way he is playing right now, we will not make the playoff. I will not be surprise to see the Knicks at 7 games under .500, just like before Linsanity starts.
    No one has been as bad as TD, he was playing the worst ball in the NBA, hands down.But C'ANToni refused to sit him, unitl LIN gave him no choice.

Here we go with this bs. I hope you guys don't get scrutinized like this at your jobs.

Melo is the problem, but only if Dantoni is coaching. A good coach makes adjustments to our problems. Dantoni just rides the problem hoping the players fix things themselves. Well after what 6-7 games back Melo isn't going to fix anything just yet. We look like a first round disappointment again. Hopefully Dantoni goes and we get someone who can coach these guys. We have guys that should bring us closer to a .600 record then .500 imo

Veteran

The cancer is the coach. He has no clue on how to use the weapons we have. Stat, Melo, and other Knicks (recent and current) were above average contributors on their previous teams. Now that we have a mix of these great contributors on one team we can't seem to get any real productivity from them....hmmmm.

The answer should be obvious.

Originally Posted by petescud
    Melo is the problem, but only if Dantoni is coaching. A good coach makes adjustments to our problems. Dantoni just rides the problem hoping the players fix things themselves. Well after what 6-7 games back Melo isn't going to fix anything just yet. We look like a first round disappointment again. Hopefully Dantoni goes and we get someone who can coach these guys. We have guys that should bring us closer to a .600 record then .500 imo
    That is the most frustrating part. This team as it's currently constructed should not be hovering around .500. We have two superstars and a legit NBA center. Our bench is better than most teams. Our record certainly does not reflect our potentials.

It's too early to pin the blame on Melo. Sure he hasn't produced like years past but over the past few games he was really trying to adjust to MDA's system. So do old dogs ever learn new tricks?

If Melo stinks it up again tonight, he deserves all the ripping that he gets.

Out of all the players earning in excess of $17M this year, Melo is in the lower echelon. Rashard Lewis style. Arenas style.

How should we feel about that as fans?

late to the post but this threat is a joke.... it's just too easy to blame Melo! people failed to realize that this team was in some deep **** before Lin surfaced otherwise knicks might have a new coach by now ..

Only if he's playing the way you should utilize a player who's earned nickname was "beast on the block." If his assignment is to hang out on the perimeter, receive a pass, and then get guilted into making the predetermined correct play...then I gotta look at the man who's incorrectly utilizing his player.

If Melo "plays into the system" we hate on him

If Melo says "this **** makes no sense" and plays his game, we hate on him.

And yet no one brings up the fact that STAT looks unsure, and out of sorts when on the court with Tyson, and WAY more comfortable when he's on the court playing center. The same guy we signed.....to play center....until we got a true center this season. So we signed STAT to play a position that we then upgrade a year later, but people keep saying "oh, give it time" as if...what? Tyson is gonna vanish from the starting line up? STAT's coming off the bench? What am I giving time? The athleticism was a problem when STAT was getting to the rim and getting demolished, but how often does he get to the rim with Chandler on the court? That's his game, PnR and crashing the basket...he's primarily a jump shooter with Chandler on the court, and the paint is more congested since it's not 3 guys spacing and a 1-5 PnR. If anyone is benefitting from Lin in the PnR, it's Tyson. So once again....the **** am I waiting for with STAT?

So we all have to wait on STAT to produce his center #s from last year while playing a different position...with an actual center on the court; but yet, Melo is supposed to play better while meandering around the perimeter to space the court....FOR WHO? FOR WHAT?...why in the hell is he spacing for anyone else? Where are the play calls specifically for him? The PnR with him and Lin, the PnR with him as the handler and STAT setting the pick....are we really going to watch him in an offense where his #1 priority is spacing...just as it was for Gallo and Wilson, and say "well you should be better at that"....excuse me, this is a joke, right?

This **** is getting disturbing.
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Mar 07, 2012 at 19:01.