Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 109

Thread: If this is not a coaching issue, what is it?

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I'm not sure which of the "I am so dissapointed with the Knicks" threads to post this on so I just chose this one.

    When the Knicks sucked, that was fine and we didn't boo. But when you get our hopes up and then suck. Now that is a different story.

    Watching the game last night was PATHETIC. Both offense and defense.

    The wide open shots! No boxing out for rebounds! These guys are just lazy. They think they are in NYC and all that already. You have to prove yourself in NY. They have not done that yet.

  2. #32
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks32
    I'm not sure which of the "I am so dissapointed with the Knicks" threads to post this on so I just chose this one.

    When the Knicks sucked, that was fine and we didn't boo. But when you get our hopes up and then suck. Now that is a different story.

    Watching the game last night was PATHETIC. Both offense and defense.

    The wide open shots! No boxing out for rebounds! These guys are just lazy. They think they are in NYC and all that already. You have to prove yourself in NY. They have not done that yet.
    Laziness is derived from a lack of motivation and accountability. Sure, there can still be laziness in an environment that has both, but that's not the issue here.

  3. #33
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have to confess that last nights game I was cheering for a couple of the Bobcats especially the lanky white guy and Diaw, they brought they games, unlike the Knicks so deservedly they should succeed

  4. #34
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This thread deserves to be bumped again.

    It should probably be retitled "The Chronicles of Mediocrity" since this team is going nowhere at light speeds...cause this schedule isn't getting any less hectic, but the Knicks are regressing.

    And I don't wanna hear about Melo being out tonight, because good teams find a way to stay competitive, if not win, even with a man down.

    The fact that, not only does our offense cease to exist, but the team's competitive fire seems to get doused with Melo's absence.

    The Lakers survived without Bynum, the Nugs without Nene, the Heat without LBJ and Wade, the Bulls without Rose, and the Hawks have been decent without Horford.

    Melo goes down for the Knicks, and the Grizz take out our knees and the Thunder rolls up on us and curb stomps us.

    Bull**** of the highest order.

  5. #35
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    This thread deserves to be bumped again.

    It should probably be retitled "The Chronicles of Mediocrity" since this team is going nowhere at light speeds...cause this schedule isn't getting any less hectic, but the Knicks are regressing.

    And I don't wanna hear about Melo being out tonight, because good teams find a way to stay competitive, if not win, even with a man down.

    The fact that, not only does our offense cease to exist, but the team's competitive fire seems to get doused with Melo's absence.

    The Lakers survived without Bynum, the Nugs without Nene, the Heat without LBJ and Wade, the Bulls without Rose, and the Hawks have been decent without Horford.

    Melo goes down for the Knicks, and the Grizz take out our knees and the Thunder rolls up on us and curb stomps us.

    Bull**** of the highest order.
    Here's my ...

    Melo and Stat can only do so much to cover up for bad coaching.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    What the hell is up with this coach? Seriously? Am I really supposed to believe that this man was responsible for the 60-win Suns who were cheated out of an NBA Finals appearance?

    This team tonight looked no better than our team pre-trade and hell it looked no better than our team pre-STAT, I'll be honest....

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    What the hell is up with this coach? Seriously? Am I really supposed to believe that this man was responsible for the 60-win Suns who were cheated out of an NBA Finals appearance?

    This team tonight looked no better than our team pre-trade and hell it looked no better than our team pre-STAT, I'll be honest....
    Not to beat any dead horses one way or another, but let's not pretend this is some simple and cut coaching job, especially following that lockout. I might be wrong, but can we find teams with a backcourt and PG situation any more pitiful than ours, and looking any better? Sheer talent can't mask black holes. Just look at MIA for much of last year, and that was with a more complete roster and superior stars.

    I will say, we had some underrated players at the time, pre-Melo. Gallo, particularly.

    We had a legit fringe all-star'ish PG, too. We now basically have a black hole there.

    This really isn't any better or worse than us having Felton, while we had the NBA's biggest black hole at center, pre-Chandler.

    Arguably, given the importance of a PG when you have multiple scoring powerhouses (Melo, STAT), and they have't been playing together for years...and given the players with whom MDA works very well with (up tempo Point Guards), we took a clear step backwards in the black hole we created, vs the black hole we removed.

    Why we suddenly had such high hopes following the addition of Chandler, which essentially inverted our problems, can be chalked up to the general impatience and expectation of us getting better and better, year after year, like some unstoppable train, following the cleaning up of Isiah Thomas' mess.

    Reasons such as the fascination many NYK fans have had with "bigs" and "size" (understandably so, to a degree, given we had the NBA's laughing stock of centers for so long), also contribute.

    Of course, we added Carmelo Anthony betwixt this swapping of problems (point guard for center).

    We also lost an extremely good, versatile 6th man (Chandler) and a hyper-efficent scorer and quality defender -- Gallinari -- whom Melo essentially replaced in the lineup. FWIW, there's a reasonable chance Gallo will finish the year with a higher PER than Stoudemire. Unquantifiable defensive impact aside. Just sayin'.

    So, with all that, and taking into account the additional issues the problem we took on (point guard) created, while solving the prior problem (center)....and that in a season following the lockout, teams who have been consistent and together for a while have an inherent advantage...

    There's a reason Walsh was so furious with Dolan's meddling in the Melo trade; and so dismayed that Dolan would not agree to not meddle in the future, that Walsh resigned, prematurely aborting his NYK tenure, and dream to finish the job he started.

    Picture us with both Gallinari and Felton right now (minus Fields and some miscellaneous). I guarantee you Walsh was, and is.

    Still, it's early, and we will get better. Worst case, we use a MLE and/or a trade in the off season and get a quality starting NBA point guard. Best, we get a healthy Baron mid way through the season.

  8. #38
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I understand the need for a PG to orchestrate for two ball dominant players, but at some point you have to realize that the complaints against MDA (the well thought out ones) go far beyond the team's yearning for a traditional, floor general, PG.

    As any sort of strategist, in any arena of competition, you have to mitigate your deficiencies and lean heavily on your strengths. The Knicks simply don't do that. MDA still tries to run his "system" without the proper components, he runs the team straight into the ground, and when it causes him to get booed at MSG and the scrutiny comes in the media--only then do we see a few more drive-and-kick plays in the next couple of games....only to go right back to "MDA-ball" after the heat wears off a little, and the super reactionary media, and their closest subscribers start the "phew!! that was close, but it looks like we're on track now." Only problem is that, this season, those games came against: the 1-3 Sac-Town Kings who were having inner turmoil, the winless....0-7 Wizards, the 2-6 Detroit Pistons, the 2-7 Bobcats....who we let back into that game by not scoring a single field goal from 1:54 in the 3rd to 1:34 in the 4th. Forgive me for not thinking that a lack of a true PG is a good enough excuse to not score ONE. BASKET. FROM. THE. FIELD. for what's essentially 11 to 12 minutes. That's ridiculous for a professional basketball team with a professional coaching staff....PG or no PG. And of course there's the win that the media got hyped about, over the 7-3 Philly 76ers, who were on the tail end of a back-to-back-to-back.

    Kinda funny how when the Knicks play poorly, we have to keep in mind the lockout, schedule, lack of training camp, lack of practice, the price of rice in China, Tim Tebow's "it" factor, Tom Brady's hot wife, THE BAGS AROUND DAVID STERNS EYES, any and everything. But when we beat a 7-3 team that's literally playing it's 3rd game in 3 nights, it was an "impressive" win. This NYK team has had more excuses fabricated for them by commentators and obscure writers on sites like Grantland, than a guilty dude on trial.

    If all this team really needs is a PG, then lets hope we get that PG along with a new coach. So that way when this Christ-like PG struggles a bit, he has a coach that can take note of the issues and adjust on the fly.

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Antoni sucks. I said it from day 1.
    me too, me too, me too. ha ha ha ha

    Celebrity Coach Damnphony....getting Swept in the first-round with a lineup of
    "C-Shaq, PF-Stat, SF-Grant Hill, SG-Bell, PG-Nash, and 6th man Diaw". WTF!
    5 game series is a SWEEP to me with a devasting lineup above....
    And Dum-Dolan/Dum-Walsh goes and hire this Bum-coach a month after the
    embarrassing sweep....crack smoking should be prohibited...

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Angry When was Isiah & Dantoni suppose to be FIRED?

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    This thread deserves to be bumped again.

    It should probably be retitled "The Chronicles of Mediocrity" since this team is going nowhere at light speeds...cause this schedule isn't getting any less hectic, but the Knicks are regressing.

    And I don't wanna hear about Melo being out tonight, because good teams find a way to stay competitive, if not win, even with a man down.

    The fact that, not only does our offense cease to exist, but the team's competitive fire seems to get doused with Melo's absence.

    The Lakers survived without Bynum, the Nugs without Nene, the Heat without LBJ and Wade, the Bulls without Rose, and the Hawks have been decent without Horford.

    Melo goes down for the Knicks, and the Grizz take out our knees and the Thunder rolls up on us and curb stomps us.

    Bull**** of the highest order.


    I had a crew of NBA Fans at my house watching the NFL postseason/and NBA
    Knicks -vs- OKC....the Knicks coaching flaws were exposed at every position
    on offense & defense by OKC 10-man rotation before halftime....OKC-70 to Knicks-47
    The 23 point half-time lead over the Knicks were an understatement of
    clueless & effortless Knicks coaching of players not knowing what to do vs a contender.

  11. #41
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default


  12. #42
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    nuckles, you are a revelation on this site!

  13. #43
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Lol, thanks Crazy.

    Well...it's BALLLLLLLL NIGHT. So that means this thread gets a premature bump.

    Hopefully everything detailed in here is proven to be old news tonight...I guess we shall see.

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I understand the need for a PG to orchestrate for two ball dominant players, but at some point you have to realize that the complaints against MDA (the well thought out ones) go far beyond the team's yearning for a traditional, floor general, PG.

    As any sort of strategist, in any arena of competition, you have to mitigate your deficiencies and lean heavily on your strengths. The Knicks simply don't do that. MDA still tries to run his "system" without the proper components, he runs the team straight into the ground, and when it causes him to get booed at MSG and the scrutiny comes in the media--only then do we see a few more drive-and-kick plays in the next couple of games....only to go right back to "MDA-ball" after the heat wears off a little, and the super reactionary media, and their closest subscribers start the "phew!! that was close, but it looks like we're on track now." Only problem is that, this season, those games came against: the 1-3 Sac-Town Kings who were having inner turmoil, the winless....0-7 Wizards, the 2-6 Detroit Pistons, the 2-7 Bobcats....who we let back into that game by not scoring a single field goal from 1:54 in the 3rd to 1:34 in the 4th. Forgive me for not thinking that a lack of a true PG is a good enough excuse to not score ONE. BASKET. FROM. THE. FIELD. for what's essentially 11 to 12 minutes. That's ridiculous for a professional basketball team with a professional coaching staff....PG or no PG. And of course there's the win that the media got hyped about, over the 7-3 Philly 76ers, who were on the tail end of a back-to-back-to-back.

    Kinda funny how when the Knicks play poorly, we have to keep in mind the lockout, schedule, lack of training camp, lack of practice, the price of rice in China, Tim Tebow's "it" factor, Tom Brady's hot wife, THE BAGS AROUND DAVID STERNS EYES, any and everything. But when we beat a 7-3 team that's literally playing it's 3rd game in 3 nights, it was an "impressive" win. This NYK team has had more excuses fabricated for them by commentators and obscure writers on sites like Grantland, than a guilty dude on trial.

    If all this team really needs is a PG, then lets hope we get that PG along with a new coach. So that way when this Christ-like PG struggles a bit, he has a coach that can take note of the issues and adjust on the fly.
    I see what you're saying.

    Personally, I don't find our beating Sixers is something that makes us (or MDA) impressive.

    But I won't negate facts, even if they're unfortunate ones, and their impact. Such as the lockout.

    I would never have been calling for Spoelstra's head last year if I was a MIA heat fan, either.

    The overarching reality, that overarches even what you say is an issue of coaches "adjustment" and that which goes beyond us having a starting PG,

    Is that it is prudent for a coach *to* have basic, requisite pieces.

    We flipped the switch on this roster countless times, in the past year alone. And we are poised to do so again with Baron Davis coming back.

    It would be foolish, and reckless, for MDA to play to the whims of our unfortunate roster reality, especially before Baron Davis comes back.

    But more than that, the players we have *demand* the very system and needs...the very things MDA needs, is what our TEAM needs....I guarantee so many will be in of the rudest of awakenings if we were to take away MDA, and bring in some half-court minded, set-play maestro of a defensive coach.

    You think Amare looks lost and like **** now? And Fields? And you want to ever see the best that Shumpert has to offer....

  15. #45
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We switched STAT and Chandler onto Nash, and the likes of Iman and Douglas onto Gortat and Lopez all. ****ing. game.


    I thought maybe we were being trolled the first time I saw it....but it kept happening over, and over, and over....


Similar Threads

  1. Thomas Says Coaching in NY Not for Him [NYKnicks.com]
    By madskillz7312 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2011, 22:10
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2011, 21:28
  3. Game 2 - Unforgivable Coaching Errors
    By nixon7 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2011, 12:51
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2009, 09:02
  5. Head Coach & Coaching Staff
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2008, 11:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •