Game 4: NY Knicks @ Sacramento 12/31/2011

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We learned nothing new tonight. The Kings are really bad and the Knicks should have won regardless. There was definitely more shots to go around without STAT but we are not better without him. He just needs to refine his game a bit.
Agreed, we still got outrebounded and tried too many three's, there are signs we are trying to make our offense work better but it still looked weak and with no concept.

We learned nothing new tonight. The Kings are really bad and the Knicks should have won regardless. There was definitely more shots to go around without STAT but we are not better without him. He just needs to refine his game a bit.

The voice of reason.

petescud

Starter
Wow, wish Stat was out there with the guys having fun. What a balanced attack. Did you see the STATS ?? 5 players close to or over 20 points. The guys shared the ball and looked great. Ever see the Heat ? They play this way every day. We need to be less selfish and do the same. We can win with this team if we follow these steps. BTW Lin sucks, but i knew that before he came. Lets hope Baron Davis returns soon. I was proud to be a Knicks fan today. Happy new Years ALL

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Before Lin comes in :

It's sad that even with our futility in the backcourt he only gives Lin garbage minutes. That's the dantoni way. SMH

Bench "no pass" Douglas and put Lin into the game... it can't get worse at the point guard...

when the hell does Lin get any minutes?

After Lin comes in :

Lin is a disgrace, dosn't even belong in NBDL

Jeremy Lin is a fool......he's like.......**** it Ima shoot the ball

Lin seriously looks retarded out there.

Maybe that's why D'Antoni doesn't play Lin. I understand he sucks, but maybe he was onto something there.

Welcome to Knicksonline, Ladies and gentlemen.

Good win though, 3s won't fall like that all day but we played great and defense was great. Chandler went absolutely ham in the 4th

Sage

Rotation player
Maybe that's why D'Antoni doesn't play Lin. I understand he sucks, but maybe he was onto something there.

Welcome to Knicksonline, Ladies and gentlemen.

Good win though, 3s won't fall like that all day but we played great and defense was great. Chandler went absolutely ham in the 4th

Lin was clearly going for selfish, garbage minute points every time he touched the ball. If I were him I would have tried to knock out 4-5 assists. We don't have a pass-first point guard, he could have made a case for getting more minutes.

But no.

Wargames

Starter
^^^ IDK he didn't do anything to inspire confidence but the whole game the center (Jorts and Chandler) would make sure to stay back court to provide a soft pick so that TD or Bibby could get separation. This would at least get them to the 3 point line where they could work.

When Lin went in Jerome was always down the court getting prepared to do a pick at the 3 point line. Without that backcourt pick Isiah thomas was able to apply back court pressure all the way up the court. Its a minor thing but it is relevant. You know the kings guards were told to press the knicks guards due to them playing sub par up to this game. Isiah just went in and did that to Lin.

On the flip good coaching by D'antoni (go figure) to have the center set that back court pick. It at least gets the pgs to the three point line with some time on the clock in the half court set.

Kiyaman

Legend

Stat have to refine his game helluvalot.....
Melo & Chandler showcase their veteranship by getting our young players
involve in the Kings game.

Chandler annnd Melo both set great screens for our young players to be
apart of the offense....none of our big-3 players had set any decent screens
in the previous 3 games to get other players involve in the offense.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
On a positive note we have held teams under 100 for three straight games. This already a feat I'm pretty sure we did not accomplish all of last season. Maybe this injury to STAT is a blessing in disguise. After seeing the ball movement tonight it will open his eyes on how he should adjust his game and stop chucking up 18 footers and driving to the lane with 2 or 3 defenders right there to meet him at the rim.

Kiyaman

Legend
^^^
On the flip good coaching by D'antoni (go figure) to have the center set that back court pick. It at least gets the pgs to the three point line with some time on the clock in the half court set.

Great point on the high-pick....but that was not Dantoni's call....that was Jordan following his natural instinct as a center....something we never had in our lineups with Dantoni as headcoach.

Wargames

Starter
Great point on the high-pick....but that was not Dantoni's call....that was Jordan following his natural instinct as a center....something we never had in our lineups with Dantoni as headcoach.

Ahh cool... On another note we all know how a lot of head coaches played as Knicks at one point or another. Tyson Chandler seems like one of those players...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Walker passing and Fields' off the ball play connecting I think three times in a row near the end of the game made me happy. They were all basically the same play lol.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
What was great was, the teams gel. Everyone passing, working with each other. Trade STAT for a legit PG and decent replacement and we are in business. but some of you cant comprehend trading the guy who "saved the Knicks"

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dude, you want to trade STAT because he played some weak hoops in just two games... If having a couple of bad nights was a decesive factor of keeping/trading a player we should have traded both Stoudemire and Anthony several times already.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Dude, you want to trade STAT because he played some weak hoops in just two games... If having a couple of bad nights was a decesive factor of keeping/trading a player we should have traded both Stoudemire and Anthony several times already.
Exactly! Trade the whole team!

lol.jpg

CA7

Scoring Champ
We played as a team which is what we need to do. We also did the 2 most important things we should do every night, effort and movement. We made shots and won by 30 but even we did not if we have effort and movement then we still win by 10-15 off of the effort, movement leading to easy lay ups, defense and rebounds

Douglas- is getting better off the pick and roll
Fields- needs to work on that release
Harrellson- got trigger happy but I love the confidence
Jordan- keep playing hard and work on his timing to avoid fouls
Walker- played well needs to work his driving he doesnt have the moves to avoid defenders when he was coming out of high school anymore back when he was truly Billy "Sky" Walker

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This was a great game. The Tyson/Toney Connection tonight made me happy. Defense was there, too. I like that Melo didn't need to take to run the entire offense by himself.

Jorts showed what we need: (1) hustle; and (2) boarding.

Just a great game.

Let's keep this up!