Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Knicks are better w/o STAT; trade him

Superstar

Seriously.... one game back after losing his brother and he obviously wasn't in game shape.

Cut the guy a little bit of slack before you go crazy riding the bandwagon. Its a long season. Lets spend some time enjoying our victories, instead of moping. We've had plenty to talk about and a hell of a lot to look forward to. Will Lin fit in well with Melo and Amare? I don't know but it makes the next few games that much more interesting. What other team in the NBA has so much drama?

Veteran

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I mean lets be serious do we really want Midrange Shooting Amare for the next 4 years? It's also pretty obvious he doesn't post well, and has little to no moves on the man 1 on 1.
    why is that a decision that needs to be made now ?
    Would not be best to see how this team gels...Of course Amare's shortcomings will not vanish but just maybe it will not matter.....FORGET that he gets paid the 20 miilion because at this point it does not matter.....any trade that gets made I am sure his 20 million will be a red flag all......

I think at this point it is what it is..............not many options

well those who keep on saying its his first game back cut him some slack, what we saw yesterday is the same Renaissance before he left, score the points but make the chemistry stagnat with no defense. if yall think with Melo coming back they all going to work together give me some of that skank you drinking. not taking anything away from Lin but if Statosphere left the team earlier when Douglas was running the point youd see what it was with Lin running it

Veteran

Originally Posted by quiggle
    well those who keep on saying its his first game back cut him some slack, what we saw yesterday is the same Renaissance before he left, score the points but make the chemistry stagnat with no defense. if yall think with Melo coming back they all going to work together give me some of that skank you drinking. not taking anything away from Lin but if Statosphere left the team earlier when Douglas was running the point youd see what it was with Lin running it
    if you cannot see the difference of Lin and Douglas running to point its hard to comprehend.

You seem so personally insulted, quiggle.

Would you like me to send you an internet hug?

Here you are, sweet pea.

never insulted because truth as they say hurts. u guys continue to stick to Statosphere in the end of the day when he is done here, taking his Cablevision money that yall paid for, and goes back to Florida never bringing New York a champsionhip he will have been as good former Knicks Anthony Roberson and Cheik Sambh in doing nothing for the pride of the frnachise

For real we should have brought Anthony Roberson back when we were struggling.

Quiggle goes over the top, but the essence of his statements is true.

It's not a secret anymore that I'm an Amar'e hater too, but I don't do it for fun, I do it because I think he's bad for the franchise and doesn't deserve the money.

The fanboyism of Amar'e Stoudemire on this board is beyond ridiculous at times.

The best thing is people come up with constant excuses why he doesn't look like a $100 million player out there....first it was because he had to waste all of his energy on scoring last season so he didn't have anything left to play defense, because he was the only star.

Then it was because of chemistry issues with Melo after the trade with Denver.

Then this season it was because he didn't have a point guard and Chandler was taking his space around the paint away.

It was D'Antoni's bad coaching all the time.

Now it's because he only just came back and it was his first game.

It's always somebody else/ the situation/ the circumstances, never him.

It's quite amusing tbh.

Having said all that, it's not only him who doesn't deserve a max. contract, there are quite a few guys who don't deserve a max contract in the NBA...Joe Johnson just to name another example.
    Last edited by Sprewell-Houston; Feb 15, 2012 at 14:25.

Its crazy how yall act like amare **** stanks so bad,he needs a good-great pg to be effective,he stinks on defense so bad that boris diaw/shawn marion played center in PHX,and was surrounded with great defensive players to the point that his flaws were COMPLETELY hidden.He looked dominant defensively because after marion/diaw/bell did all the dirty work he would run out of nowhere and get the cray help side block that ends up on sports center and makes us fans think he does that on a regular basis.

AMARE+NO PG=OLD KG WITHOUT DEFENSE

AMARE+GREAT PG=STAT

Amare is basically david ortiz-potentially great offensively but sux(pun intended) on defense.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Quiggle goes over the top, but the essence of his statements is true.

It's not a secret anymore that I'm an Amar'e hater too, but I don't do it for fun, I do it because I think he's bad for the franchise and doesn't deserve the money.

The fanboyism of Amar'e Stoudemire on this board is beyond ridiculous at times.

The best thing is people come up with constant excuses why he doesn't look like a $100 million player out there....first it was because he had to waste all of his energy on scoring last season so he didn't have anything left to play defense, because he was the only star.

Then it was because of chemistry issues with Melo after the trade with Denver.

Then this season it was because he didn't have a point guard and Chandler was taking his space around the paint away.

It was D'Antoni's bad coaching all the time.

Now it's because he only just came back and it was his first game.

It's always somebody else/ the situation/ the circumstances, never him.

It's quite amusing tbh.

Having said all that, it's not only him who doesn't deserve a max. contract, there are quite a few guys who don't deserve a max contract in the NBA...Joe Johnson just to name another example.
    How are you a fan and seriously hate one of your star players, I understand you been upset at how he's playing but to actually call yourself an Amare hater would imply that you actually want him to fail.

But regardless you do know without Amare here Melo, Chandler, or Lin most likely wouldn't be here and this team would be stuck with Gallo, Chandler, and Felton most likely not making the playoffs and if they were to it would be a first round sweep right.

No doubt STAT hasn't been playing well and imo only like 5 players or so really deserve max contracts but idc I'm not paying these *****s and it's not like Amare max contract is hindering the Knicks ability to put together a good team.

Superstar

This thread will soon be redundant and many posters here will feel very silly.

Danonti's resignation shows two important things that Renaissance Man might be gone soon

first Dantoni is to Renaissance Man like Walsh was to Dantoni, with Dantoni gone now Statosphere has no protection

second Carmelo did this and it clearly shows he is the one in charge of the team, not only on court but management as well so if they cant coexist together now Renaissance Man will be first gone

Veteran

It makes sense that Melo is now running the team, alongside Dolan's authority. He already basically convinced Jim to assume all fours and get ****ed once.

Isiah makes even more sense now.

yeah i dont know if its a coincidence but the former player who honored Isiah when he came to the Knicks wearing #11 is in town tonight for a game. maybe its a foreshadowing of Zeke?