Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Knicks are better w/o STAT; trade him

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    The thread title says it all.

Anybody who thinks he played well doesn't know one bit about basketball.

No coincidence we almost lose the game after he returns. (Shump and Lin don't make those two key plays in the final minute and we're done).

His +/- is -53, the second worst on our entire roster. Only Bibby is worse.

People still supporting him are just fanboys who need to get their faces out of his lap.
    i didnt wanna say this but youve forced my hand. the reason we were losing is because calderon was killing jeremy. the biggest difference in the fourth quarter was shump Ding calderon. not sure what that has to do with stat. amare was far from perfect and his head wasnt in it all night but i think after some combination of tyson jj mda and woodson got in his ear about defense and hustle all night he came alive a little. would it be unfair to give him a pass just for last night? lets see what he does when he's had a chance to develop chemistry with lin.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    i didnt wanna say this but youve forced my hand. the reason we were losing is because calderon was killing jeremy. the biggest difference in the fourth quarter was shump Ding calderon. not sure what that has to do with stat. amare was far from perfect and his head wasnt in it all night but i think after some combination of tyson jj mda and woodson got in his ear about defense and hustle all night he came alive a little. would it be unfair to give him a pass just for last night? lets see what he does when he's had a chance to develop chemistry with lin.
    dont owrry amazin, there are some of us that watch games, and some of us that look at box scores.....judging by the comments, its quite easy to separate the wheat from the tears

Veteran

Originally Posted by Toons
    dont owrry amazin, there are some of us that watch games, and some of us that look at box scores.....judging by the comments, its quite easy to separate the wheat from the tears
    If we would have lost the blame would have been on Schump not switching to Calderon sooner...and the Dantonio haters would have been out..........Stat had a strong 4th quarter.....

The point of this thread is ridiculous... AMare played like **** in the first half. Sure. In the second half, though, our offense ran well. Tyson was even in foul trouble the whole time. Pick and Lin 4 life.

I was at practice for the first half but got to watch the last half and was AMAZED. STAT played pretty well and actually came up with some great defensive plays in the 4th quarter.

I'm not sure where the hate comes from here. Stat had a solid game with 20+ point and 9 boards (which is better then his average and shows he was hustling this game) coming off of an extended time away form the court (including practice, team meetings, LINsanity discussions etc.)

And to say it was because of Stat that it was a close game, can anyone remind me what that score of the Minny game was? Come on guys.

Originally Posted by Danilo
    The point of this thread is ridiculous... AMare played like **** in the first half. Sure. In the second half, though, our offense ran well. Tyson was even in foul trouble the whole time. Pick and Lin 4 life.
    Its not the Offense that upsets me its Amare's lack of hustle and Defense. It seems like everyone on the team is giving 110% and Amare at times doesn't seem to care on the defensive end

Originally Posted by insanity4289
    Its not the Offense that upsets me its Amare's lack of hustle and Defense. It seems like everyone on the team is giving 110% and Amare at times doesn't seem to care on the defensive end
    Thats why we signed Tyson.

Superstar

I kinda agree Amare didn't play well...I would trade him for Amir Johnson LOL a tough nose defensive guy who has a higher offensive ceiling than Jeffries.

We already have 2 players who don't play D in Lin and Carmelo...can you really have 3 who get major minutes.?

listen make no mistake the defense Statosphere play last night is the exact kind of defense you will see agains Chicago, Miami, etc in the playoffs. he can score 75 points but will give up 100 in the process

Superstar

Listen stat is who he is that's why there are gm's to acquire players who compliments other players skills and deficiencies. If stat was a beast on defense then we woyldnt need t.c.well he isnt and therefore we need t.c. The truth is we will go as far as stat takes us

Veteran

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I was at practice for the first half but got to watch the last half and was AMAZED. STAT played pretty well and actually came up with some great defensive plays in the 4th quarter.

I'm not sure where the hate comes from here. Stat had a solid game with 20+ point and 9 boards (which is better then his average and shows he was hustling this game) coming off of an extended time away form the court (including practice, team meetings, LINsanity discussions etc.)

And to say it was because of Stat that it was a close game, can anyone remind me what that score of the Minny game was? Come on guys.
    I'll cut him some slack since it was his first day back but he took 22 shots to get his 20+. $100M men are supposed to dominate and give you what it takes to crush a team, it's only one game but I don't think Stat made the team better than with JJ as the starting PF and the only $100M man I see out there is Jeremy Lin.

some of you expect the knicks to have 5 all stars.
    Amare is mainly for offense....we are surprised when he plays d
    tyson is for defense....we are surprised if he takes a 15 footer
    shump is defense..somewhat two way, but top in the nba in steals
    fields is a two way player
    melo is for offense...we are surprised at excellent d from melo
    lin is offense...his man defense is questionable

it is what it is....
    amir johnson had 5 blocks....that will not happen every night....ther eis only one reason we lost....we didnt take care of the ball and it cost us.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I kinda agree Amare didn't play well...I would trade him for Amir Johnson LOL a tough nose defensive guy who has a higher offensive ceiling than Jeffries.

We already have 2 players who don't play D in Lin and Carmelo...can you really have 3 who get major minutes.?
    trade amare for amir johnson......what the fuk are you drinkin son?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Toons
    trade amare for amir johnson......what the fuk are you drinkin son?
    Not as crazy as it seems. Amir is a hardworker, boxes out well, plays good interior defense and is a P&R player with Calderon. He's not nearly as gifted offensively as Amare but he costs way less.

With that saved money on Amare's contract we could get a legit Scoring SG like a JR Smith. I think we would be much better defensively and only a little bit worse offensively.

Superstar

I mean lets be serious do we really want Midrange Shooting Amare for the next 4 years? It's also pretty obvious he doesn't post well, and has little to no moves on the man 1 on 1.