Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So.... Time Warner pulled MSG network...

Veteran

As another Time Warner Cable customer (no other great options where I live), I am more than bummed that we are not getting MSG as of the start of 2012. However, I do have a plan. I am a member of one of those relatively cheap 24 hour stripmall gyms that have no staff during most of the week. If I'm not mistaken, they have DirectTV on the 4 flat screen TVs that are in front of their treadmills and as such, they should be still rocking Knicks games. So, I'm just going to go there to watch Knicks games starting tonight. Most of the time the place is completely empty by the evening, but if there is someone else there, I'm just going to pretend to be walking on the treadmill or something like that.

So, there you go. This is what it's come to...go Knicks!

Being a a new york transplant in Atlanta, i go through the b.s. of finding a stream to only watch my boys ball!!!!, At one point I did pay for nba league pass, but I just found it stupid to pay all of that when I only care about watching one team, if some how msg would just allow people to pay a smaller fee to watch a decent stream online I would not even want to illegal stream liek I do everyday.

Originally Posted by knicks1183
    Being a a new york transplant in Atlanta, i go through the b.s. of finding a stream to only watch my boys ball!!!!, At one point I did pay for nba league pass, but I just found it stupid to pay all of that when I only care about watching one team, if some how msg would just allow people to pay a smaller fee to watch a decent stream online I would not even want to illegal stream liek I do everyday.
    There is a new package this season called "team pass", available for much less than standard "premium package" and allowing you to watch just one chosen team throughout the entire regular season, playoffs and finals. However, it's still $170 out of your pocket.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    There is a new package this season called "team pass", available for much less than standard "premium package" and allowing you to watch just one chosen team throughout the entire regular season, playoffs and finals. However, it's still $170 out of your pocket.
    Thanks for the info bruh!

Default MSG Viewing Parties for Cable Customers Screwed by D'oh-lan

fyi, MSG holding viewing parties for NYC cable subscribers:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Direct TV will be at my house this weekend, **** time Warner, **** cablevision, **** Dolan!

Knicks City Dancers
    Where are you watching the game tonight? KCD will be traveling around NYC and Staten Island stopping by some viewing parties... Find a viewing party hang w/ us and Earl "The Pearl" Monroe! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    keepmsg.com
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Like Share 2 27 minutes ago

Smh.. Who the **** goes to Staten Island??? Smdh..

Veteran

Holy ****. Just when I couldn't have less respect for Dolan and Time Warner....

At least in nyc, Time Warner has to be one of the most stank-assed run companies around.

Moving in 2weeks...Legit considering not pulling trigger on a new Time Warner package, and seeing if there's any shot I could get Direct TV hooked up properly.

SMH @ Dolan. SMH @ Time Warner. SMH @ mere thought of not being able to get MSG network without jumping through hoops while living in NY.

Knicks on NBATV tomorrow night against the Bobcats. Not sure if it will get blacked out in NY though. Hopefully not.

It's the last day of the 2 weeks free preview on league pass so if you're not subscribed, you still have a chance to see it at hi-res.

@Eman: if I remember correctly this game will be televised by MSG, so it will be blacked out...

@rady: did you subscribe or decided to keep watching on streams?

Don't know what to do yet. I was quite decided to go for at least the team pass (still don't know how the rest of the europe/world gets charged that much while i'm asked for $110) but after dropping to 2 and 4 i began to doubt it's worth spending money for another disappointing season. I can take a loss easier on a low quality stream.

I'll make a decision at the end of the week. BTW, if someone still wants to subscribe, there's a 10% off on all packages with the promocode FPREVUSR2012.

That's quite simple, minimum wage in Romania is approximately $200/month, in the Netherlands $1800/month. NBA has its own market analysts and they're aware that asking Romanian basketball fans to pay $220 would be just irrational.

so.. NBA does have a soul