Rubio

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rubio is the real deal. He's going to be a superstar. I can't believe there were so many people on this site that thought he was trash. Wish we could have got him. The pick-and-roll with Rubio/Amare would have been unstoppable. Kahn is looking smart for holding onto him. The T-Wolves are going to be really good in a couple years.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Rubio and Love are loaded with talent. They're my favorite duo in the league. They have good teammates as well, and a great coach. I like them.

metrocard

Legend
They got a good team with a lot of talent, but they gotta trade some of those prospect for a big time superstar if they want a championship. I don't understand why Beasley and Derrick Williams are on the same team when they both do the same thing.

Rubio has a IQ and is a great passer, iono about superstar...but he'll make an all star team or two.

elcol

Rotation player
i don't know.. rubio's game is very 1 sided, which is pass pass pass. he is very good at that though.. he doesn't score much though and who knows how in shape he is.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rubio and Love are loaded with talent. They're my favorite duo in the league. They have good teammates as well, and a great coach. I like them.

Yeah. That team is loaded with a lot of good young talent. Derrick Williams is going to be good too. Love is a monster. Even Anthony Randolph has looked decent with them. They should trade Beasley for a solid SG or C. But they've got a lot of cap space and assets to work with. They'll be very good in a couple years.

They've taken a lot of unwanted players as assets. Maybe they should take a flyer on DeMarcus Cousins. He's demanded to be traded and the Kings have told him to stay away from the team. He's a headcase, but who knows.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yeah. That team is loaded with a lot of good young talent. Derrick Williams is going to be good too. Love is a monster. Even Anthony Randolph has looked decent with them. They should trade Beasley for a solid SG or C. But they've got a lot of cap space and assets to work with. They'll be very good in a couple years.

They've taken a lot of unwanted players as assets. Maybe they should take a flyer on DeMarcus Cousins. He's demanded to be traded and the Kings have told him to stay away from the team. He's a headcase, but who knows.
Cousins recently said he thinks players shouldn't be demanding and stuff, commenting on the fiascos of star players, and this happens. I'd stay far away from him if I was them.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Funny how much abuse I got about Rubio and how many stupid arguments were put forth because "you don't know what you're talking about".

Rubio is MORE suited to the NBA just as I knew he would be.

I love the guy. Favourite non Knick player and he's going to be very special indeed.

KBlack25

Starter
I've watched a fair amount of Rubio since the start of the year -

He is already passing at an elite level, sees the floor the way I haven't seen any PG really do that comes to mind immediately. Long after the passing lane has become an after thought to the defense, Rubio is able to find his man...

He never EVER looks to score however. Being a distributor is an important thing, a skill he is already elite at - but the book on him will be that he will never shoot and never drive to the hoop for a layup...he does not need to be an all-world scorer, but he has to look to score sometimes, or at least be capable doing so.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Damn straight, LJ.

I haven't seen passes similar to the caliber of his in a while.

J Kidd, Mark Jackson spring to mind.

Born playmakers are rare. Peripheral vision, timing and execution on passes like Rubio's are exactly what this team needs.

Sigh.

Forrest17

Rotation player
i don't know.. rubio's game is very 1 sided, which is pass pass pass. he is very good at that though.. he doesn't score much though and who knows how in shape he is.

The only all star point guard right now who has a ring is Rondo, who can drive to the basket but can't shoot.. The star explosive scorers like CP3, Derrick Rose and so on don't. If you are going to be a point guard, I'd take one who is an incredible passer over a good scorer any day of the week.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
rubio is dope.

he got this big floor to run on and hes killin

makes anthony randolph look good

thats game

Rubio has to prove himself. A couple of games is not going to convince me.

What do you mean, hyping Gallo? Gallo turned out to be a pretty solid NBA player...

On Knicksonline, there were people who thought Gallinari was going to be the next Dirk Nowitzki.
People were attacking me and a couple of other posters for not agreeing.

In addition, there were people who thought Gallinari was the best available player, when the Knicks took him at #6.
We now know that wasn't the case. I knew that wasn't the case the second the Knicks drafted him, but I guess 3 NBA seasons is enough proof.

He didn't live up to the hype many people on this site had for him.

Lol at that layup he missed the other day.

quiggle

Starter
KNicks brass is known to over hype the garbage they draft, it was part of there plan to make them look good for trade chips, remember when old man Walsh said Gallo was going to be next Larry Bird lol, unmolested layup

rubio is good now because no one has seen him before just let teams adjust defense and hell be the second scotty brooks

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The only all star point guard right now who has a ring is Rondo, who can drive to the basket but can't shoot.. The star explosive scorers like CP3, Derrick Rose and so on don't. If you are going to be a point guard, I'd take one who is an incredible passer over a good scorer any day of the week.
No way Paul and Rose would have won a championship with that team right?

Rondo passes a lot because he doesn't have the ability to be a good scorer.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
KNicks brass is known to over hype the garbage they draft, it was part of there plan to make them look good for trade chips, remember when old man Walsh said Gallo was going to be next Larry Bird lol, unmolested layup

rubio is good now because no one has seen him before just let teams adjust defense and hell be the second scotty brooks

How do you adjust to someone who sees and makes a pass before you even have time to think about getting in position? His vision, IQ and ability at his age are off the charts. Did you see his assist to Williams against the Spurs? How do you defend that?