View Poll Results: Predict the combined minutes played tonight for Balkman, Jordan and Novak

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you kidding me? All 3 are going to have major roles tonight!

2 22.22%
  • Between 1 and 10 minutes combined

3 33.33%
  • Between 11 and 20 minutes combined

3 33.33%
  • None of the 3 will see the floor, D'antoni will only go 8 deep

1 11.11%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415

Thread: 1-2-12 Knicks vs Craptors Game

SMH guys and this Melo forced trade ****......the reason he did was not because of the money the fact that the owners were trying to get a 45mil hard cap, lowering Max salaries by like 50% or something of sorts

Lol, where did you get this info? I followed the negotiations on the daily basis and I never heard of any proposal lowering max salaries by 50%. Of course, before the lockout we didn't know how hard will the owners push for changes, but it was clear that the cap will stay at $58M and the only major changes in contracts would concern annual growth and lenght thereof. Everyone more or less interested or involved in the NBA knows that it's always about the money, $6-7M within five years is a lot and this is what Carmelo would lose signing with the Knicks via free agency and I understand he cares about how much he's going to make. But saying it's not about the money but about winning a championship is pure PR, he wanted to enter a big market and it wouldn't really bother him if he signed with the Nets, his chances of getting a ring with the Knicks aren't any bigger than in Denver with the Nuggets.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    It's probably in D'Antoni's office, top drawer behind the "Defense for Dummies" book.
    Defence is not the issue right now. They scored 90. We can't get it going on offence. And the whole bench had negative efficiency scores. We are not a deep team and once our bench players are not over-achieving, we are in trouble.
    Last edited by pat; Jan 03, 2012 at 06:52.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Lol, where did you get this info? I followed the negotiations on the daily basis and I never heard of any proposal lowering max salaries by 50%. Of course, before the lockout we didn't know how hard will the owners push for changes, but it was clear that the cap will stay at $58M and the only major changes in contracts would concern annual growth and lenght thereof. Everyone more or less interested or involved in the NBA knows that it's always about the money, $6-7M within five years is a lot and this is what Carmelo would lose signing with the Knicks via free agency and I understand he cares about how much he's going to make. But saying it's not about the money but about winning a championship is pure PR, he wanted to enter a big market and it wouldn't really bother him if he signed with the Nets, his chances of getting a ring with the Knicks aren't any bigger than in Denver with the Nuggets.
    That's the thing. Nobody really knew how hard the owners were going to push for a lower hard cap. Prior to the lockout (which is when Melo was getting his deal done), there was talk that the entire season would be lost and all contracts would be scaled back. There was also a possibility of a franchise tag, and that would've REALLY screwed Melo over.

Another brilliant performance, losing to the worst team in the Eastern Conference, and probably whole NBA. at home!

Nothing new, just remind yourself our performance against the Cavs or Kings last season...

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Knicks by 14

Who wants to play statistical prognostications?
    u have any other predictions???

Originally Posted by paris401
    u have any other predictions???
    I really like Crazy8s enthusiasm, especially if he's like that in real life, optimism is always better than pessimism, but at one point even he will have to confess that we've screwed it up once again with this roster.

You guys are semi right. First of the coaching sucks. D'antoni needs a HOF PG ti basically be the on court coach. Secondly yeah the current roster sucks because the starting PG and PF are on the bench sitting next to 2 of the 4 players who will likely come of the bench.

So lets be real even if D'antoni does do a 10 man regular rotation. 4 of those guys are out, persinally i think B. Walker gets 5 minutes a game tops so lets call it a 9 man rotation. 4 of those guys are injured. Right now the knicks have the most injuries to their lineup in the entire league. Luckily all of them are minor.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    You guys are semi right. First of the coaching sucks. D'antoni needs a HOF PG ti basically be the on court coach. Secondly yeah the current roster sucks because the starting PG and PF are on the bench sitting next to 2 of the 4 players who will likely come of the bench.

So lets be real even if D'antoni does do a 10 man regular rotation. 4 of those guys are out, persinally i think B. Walker gets 5 minutes a game tops so lets call it a 9 man rotation. 4 of those guys are injured. Right now the knicks have the most injuries to their lineup in the entire league. Luckily all of them are minor.
    So let's pretend Baron Davis works and we are indeed a much better team with him what happens if he decides to call it a day in the summer or join the Heat/Lakers or if he gets fat and lazy again?

We can't back our entire well-being on the mood/intentions of a 33 year old PG who's from the other side of the USA.

What happns if we lose him this summer?

We can't expect to find a good veteran PG on a minimum salary each summer....and without a PG this team doesn't work, D'Antoni or no D'Antoni.

Shumpert with all his great qualities has never been a playmaker either and Toney Douglas is just a nightmare...watching him play is like having a bad dream.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    but at one point even he will have to confess that we've screwed it up once again with this roster.

That's highly, no, extremely unlikely.

This roster is a stud.

In your assessments, have you given any thought to injuries?

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    That's the thing. Nobody really knew how hard the owners were going to push for a lower hard cap. Prior to the lockout (which is when Melo was getting his deal done), there was talk that the entire season would be lost and all contracts would be scaled back. There was also a possibility of a franchise tag, and that would've REALLY screwed Melo over.
    All that talk was bullsh*t. I called it over a year ago. Max contracts were going to be fine. The players assoc would not have stood for franchise tags. I was saying over a year ago, the players that stood to lose the most in the new CBA were free agents like Nene and Crawford. But we didn't hear a peep from them. Not a single complaint about needing to be traded.

I find it funny that when a CEO or Wall Stret guy pulls something similar everyone calls it greed, but when Melo does it, he's looking out for his family. SMH.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    So let's pretend Baron Davis works and we are indeed a much better team with him what happens if he decides to call it a wday in the summer or join the Heat/Lakers or if he gets fat and lazy again?

We can't back our entire well-being on the mood/intentions of a 33 year old PG who's from the other side of the USA.

What happns if we lose him this summer?

We can't expect to find a good veteran PG on a minimum salary each summer....and without a PG this team doesn't work, D'Antoni or no D'Antoni.

Shumpert with all his great qualities has never been a playmaker either and Toney Douglas is just a nightmare...watching him play is like having a bad dream.
    If baron leaves we have the Full MLE to replace him. Even if he leave the year after the knicks will have their 2013 pick to find someone else if they can't come to terms and at 34 he may just stay amd retire as a knick since he'll be at the tail end of his career.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    All that talk was bullsh*t. I called it over a year ago. Max contracts were going to be fine. The players assoc would not have stood for franchise tags. I was saying over a year ago, the players that stood to lose the most in the new CBA were free agents like Nene and Crawford. But we didn't hear a peep from them. Not a single complaint about needing to be traded.

I find it funny that when a CEO or Wall Stret guy pulls something similar everyone calls it greed, but when Melo does it, he's looking out for his family. SMH.
    Well Nene stayed in denver for the money, and crawford took a lot less than he could of got last year. There was a point he was thinking of taking the mini MLE due to lack of interest. If ROY didn't retire he would be in NY chucking.....