1-2-12 Knicks vs Craptors Game

Predict the combined minutes played tonight for Balkman, Jordan and Novak

• Are you kidding me? All 3 are going to have major roles tonight!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Between 1 and 10 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Between 11 and 20 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • None of the 3 will see the floor, D'antoni will only go 8 deep

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Tonight's Matchup:

kimbella-knicks-01-630x1024.jpg
3234.jpg

VERSUS
raptors-fan.jpg

WNY_Knickfan's Line-up Prediction:
For the Knicks:
PG- Toney Douglas
SG- Landry Fields
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Josh Harrellson*
C- Tyson Chandler
*Amare Stoudemire is listed as a game time decision after missing the shootaround. I don't expect him to play, no reason to come back until ankle is 100% at this point in the season.
:update: Iman Update: Shumpert looked very active at the shootaround, making cuts on the injured knee. Looks like he'll be back in action on the short end of that predicted 2-4 weeks!

For the Craptors:
PG- Jose Calderon
SG- Demar Derozan
SF-Rasual Butler
PF- Andrea Bargnani
C- Amir Johnson

Quick thoughts- Toronto's bigs (Amir Johnson, Jamal Magloire) are foul magnets, so staying out of early foul trouble for Tyson Chandler could be big, as he can utilize the roll to get their best physical presences a spot on the bench.
Landry Fields should have his hands full with Demar Derozan, a young player I like alot in this league. I expect Landry to have gained confidence from his last outing, and he should make Derozan prove he can consistently hit the jumper, the kid is a beast when get gets moving towards the rim.
Calderon is still a solid pg, good assist/turnover ratio and can still hit the 3 if Toney goes under the screens.
Bargnani is obviously their top gun, but I think a combination of Harrellson and maybe some Balkman can frustrate him, we just need Bargnani to not go off from the 3 point line like crazy.

Prediction- Knicks win, 103-92, and Bargnani becomes the 2nd straight opposing 4 to demand a trade following the game... ok maybe not, but hopefully we win by at least 1!
:gony:

Craptors have had moments this year for a team I expect to finish last in the Atlantic, however it's their turn to play their 3rd road game in 4 nights, and I think we are a tougher opponent to finish with than the Kings were for us.

Scout Ryan Wallace had this to say on TKB about Toronto's defense:
"Defense: Dwane Casey is quoted as saying he wants to change the defensive culture in Toronto. Toronto plays very feisty man to man defense. Dwane Casey is also the architect of the Dallas Mavericks 2-3 zone used so effectively vs. the Miami Heat in the Finals, and Toronto uses it extensively. On two occasions the Raptors used the zone to get back in the game at the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarters vs. Dallas. Didn?t use the zone vs. Orlando due to having the lead most of the game and Orlando?s three point shooters. You must attack this zone with dribble penetration and not settle for hoisting three pointers. Same thing vs. man to man as Toronto lacks any real shot blocking."

Mike? MIKE?!! Please read this Mike, no settling for hoisting threes right? :beer:

Last but not least... just for you KingStarbury

Screen+shot+2010-10-07+at+1.03.48+PM.png

amare-stoudamire-and-ciara-at-beach-5.jpg

Her best effort or not, I definitely would Ciara

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
that area doesnt seem to be much cause its probably all bitten off by the sucking some of you fanboys on here do to it, i call another Knicks win tonight without Renissance Man

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
that area doesnt seem to be much cause its probably all bitten off by the sucking some of you fanboys on here do to it, i call another Knicks win tonight without Renissance Man

Lol, someone else commented awhile back with the ESPN Mag cover that it seemed like he had the whole thing covered up with 2 fingers. Agree with the win though, I know you're not a big Amare fan but we'll need him to fit in if we are going places in the long run, but I agree short term our ball movement is better with less "sticking points", but hopefully Amare is taking notice because we'll need him to fit in, Harrellson is titties but Harrellson and Chandler is not a championship caliber tandem in 7 games against top teams

Another "should" win game regardless of whether or not we have our full complement of players, especially since it is on our home floor. A matchup like this is where we'll really see if we're capable of adjusting our offense to breach the other team's defensive scheme or we're just going to keep rolling out the same effort regardless of whether it suits the situation.

Any which way, I'll be watching this game tonight at the gym while standing on a treadmill for two and a half hours (thanks Time Warner and MSG).

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
You sir, are unbelievably awesome hanging on the treadmill all game, if my gym out my way had anything that would show MSG I'd be all over it, but before you do that bro check your time warner, I'm same problem, I am in Rochester but til jan 8th we have league pass, game is supposed to be on one of those channels, not holding my breath come tip off that'll actually work for me, but worth a check. Otherwise I'll be watching shitty online feed

KingCharles34

All Star
Nice game thread brother...its clear that the 2nd picture of Amare is much newer. His physique has improved since taking that photo for ESPN, if you look at the first one very closely (zoom in on his thighs) you can tell he didnt used to do squats.

Anyways, i think we can count on Stat not playing tonight. I have no insider information other then the fact that hes soft.

Nice game thread brother...its clear that the 2nd picture of Amare is much newer. His physique has improved since taking that photo for ESPN, if you look at the first one very closely (zoom in on his thighs) you can tell he didnt used to do squats.

Anyways, i think we can count on Stat not playing tonight. I have no insider information other then the fact that hes soft.
@NYPost_Berman: D'Antoni did not rule out Iman Shumpert for Wednesday if everything goes well at practice tomorrow. Stoudemire out.

Yep looks like Amare is out.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer

Hahahaha you're right but I'm dying because I'm not even slightly surprised you asked me to zoom in closely, well I got my damned online bullshit stream ready to roll for gametime, man this is gonna be a downer watching on here

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
@NYPost_Berman: D'Antoni did not rule out Iman Shumpert for Wednesday if everything goes well at practice tomorrow.

Surely VS the Crapwhores is a good game to have off for 'The Buttered Crumpet'. They're almost as bad as the Kings.

Knicks by 14

Melo ~ top scorer - 29

Jorts ~ top glass cleaner - 9 caroms

Douglas ~ most dimes - 7

Chandler ~ most blocks - 3

Who wants to play statistical prognostications?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Fukk, no MSG coverage again, I thought that the ILP always uses local channels, but again I get some TSN shit instead of MSG... WTF?