1-2-12 Knicks vs Craptors Game

Predict the combined minutes played tonight for Balkman, Jordan and Novak

• Are you kidding me? All 3 are going to have major roles tonight!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Between 1 and 10 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Between 11 and 20 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • None of the 3 will see the floor, D'antoni will only go 8 deep

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Wargames

Starter
the only real mistake that D'antoni made was taking out the starters and giving the raptors those 7 easy points the knicks were never able to come back from the points that the deep bench lost....... Keep in mind that ended up being a crippling mistake.

Also Baron needs to heal so bibby can take the roger mason spot in the rotation of NOT playing.

Oh yeah I forgot D'antoni's other horrible mistake was letting B Walker stay in all game when Jorts was playing great. Why the hell would he sacrifice size so that B. Walker who was cold all night could get more minutes? It defies logic.

KBlack25

Starter
RT @MosheRAB: Toronto broadcast showed that TD didnt know the play. Out of a TO.

IF this is true then Christ we need help at PG

diddy_nyc

Rookie
It was like watching myself play the raptors on nba 2k12 with all of those threes the Knicks have been tossing up. The style of play was unrealistic. Fire that f-ing coach

TakMan

Rotation player
What are the chances we find a team thick enough to take Fields off us? Man can't shoot, can't lay-up, can't defend, just can't really. What a waste of roster space.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I seriously think dantoni thinks taking 3 pointers is the same as making 3 pointers.

He probably said to himself "if we take two more 3s we'll win"

I'm so serious. This is not a joke.

Red

TYPE-A
disappointed.jpg

:fazer:​

Well atleast the Heat loss to the Hawks at home... Spurs also loss to the TWolves.. Yeah thats right, im taking using other good teams losses as a silver lining..

If Shump does come back this week, I hope it means never seeing that backcourt tandem of Walker and Bibby ever again. Even if Shump doesn't come back this week, I hope to never see that backcourt tandem of Walker and Bibby ever again. Bibby -18 and Walker -13 on the night. Fields as usual with positive in the double digits. We just play better when he is on the court.

RT @MosheRAB: Toronto broadcast showed that TD didnt know the play. Out of a TO.

He definitely was not where he was supposed to be to accept the in-bounds on that play. TD had a great 2nd half, but he did it shooting and that's what we should be using him for.

smokes

Huge Member
What are the chances we find a team thick enough to take Fields off us? Man can't shoot, can't lay-up, can't defend, just can't really. What a waste of roster space.

What you talking about? Only poor part of Fields tonight was his bad three point shooting which is not really his game.

Fields made some nice plays esp defensively down the stretch. Shame about the foul on Bargnani but what you expect having a 7 footer shooting over you.

KingofNy

Starter
10 for 35 from threes. That's way too many attempts. :barf:

I'll save Antoni the time and answer his post game questions for him.

What happened out there tonight?
Antoni: "Our shots weren't falling and there's were."

Why did your Knicks shoot so many threes?
Antoni: "They were giving us the looks so we tried to take advantage of it and it didn't work out tonight... It just wasn't our night."

Why couldn't your team get over the hump and take the lead?
Antoni: We really didn't shoot well, but when the shots start falling, we'll start winning. Toronto shot better than us, they were the better team tonight."

Antoni is garbage and we'll never win SH*T until he's gone. We might as well have Isiah Thomas as our coach.

Wargames

Starter
He definitely was not where he was supposed to be to accept the in-bounds on that play. TD had a great 2nd half, but he did it shooting and that's what we should be using him for.

yeah man dude shot 13 points in one quarter I think, that is a hell of a off the bench player.

iSaYughh

Starter

Yes.

In fairness on the last play.....Raptors know we are going to be setting up for a 3 and only a 3 -- and the range of players who will be taking that 3 is quite small.

But I don't want to rationalize the final play too much, as MDA's biggest weakness to me is spots like that, so....

We did hold another team under 100. And Raptors hit a late stretch of well-defended and/or chucked up shots.

And despite Amare's struggles this season, it's pretty obvious that at the end of a game having him would have made a huge difference. Not to mention having a backcourt a bit less sheisty.

The issue being painted early on is one of offense for us, not defense. An extreme irony, especially for MDA. I guess extreme dogmas exist, so perhaps so many (players, analysts, coaches, etc) are wrong, and MDA is not an offensively capable coach -- let alone mastermind.

I'm still staying on the ship, though, and believe this Knick team will right itself with MDA as coach, this season. The defense will make gradual improvements, the offense will at some point make a major one. We will enter the playoffs a dangerous, viable contender. :2cents:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What you talking about? Only poor part of Fields tonight was his bad three point shooting which is not really his game.

Fields made some nice plays esp defensively down the stretch. Shame about the foul on Bargnani but what you expect having a 7 footer shooting over you.

Fields had some good plays, made some good cuts, played his game.

He's just not made to play on a team that's founded upon chuckery.

Props go to Bill Walker tonight. He knew what he was told to do - chuck - and he gave up his shot for what he believed was a better play.

D'Antoni had himself a scapegoat; thereafter Bill's balls benched.

Walker did not have a good game, but he adjusted to the losing flow in the way he saw best. There was no conversion on that play, but he supplanted chuckery with a jumper from Fields. It missed. That's not the point.

D'Antoni was irate.

D'Antoni is a lesbian with a caterpillar on his top lip.