1-2-12 Knicks vs Craptors Game

Predict the combined minutes played tonight for Balkman, Jordan and Novak

• Are you kidding me? All 3 are going to have major roles tonight!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Between 1 and 10 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Between 11 and 20 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • None of the 3 will see the floor, D'antoni will only go 8 deep

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

smokes

Huge Member
Did anyone notice, I think it was in the second quarter... MDA called a timeout and the Knicks players went into a huddle on the court before going over to the bench. I didn't see it just heard the Toronto casters talking about it. More signs of a crack in the team?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Did anyone notice, I think it was in the second quarter... MDA called a timeout and the Knicks players went into a huddle on the court before going over to the bench. I didn't see it just heard the Toronto casters talking about it. More signs of a crack in the team?

There's definitely crack involved somewhere on this team

KingofNy

Starter

I saw the same think during the Sacramento game. A timeout was called and everyone gathered up around Melo and he was guiding them. Antoni couldn't even get a word in and before you knew it the Knicks were back out on the court with no guidance from Dumbtoni. This team needs a coach and a game plan that doesn't involve standing around on offense and chucking up 35+ 3's. Mike D'Antoni = Worst Knicks coach ever (considering his team's talent).

CA7

Scoring Champ
Let me put it this way....I'll trade Mike D'Antoni for Dwyane Casey right now. I think we'd be better off at this point

nyk_nyk

All Star
I saw the same think during the Sacramento game. A timeout was called and everyone gathered up around Melo and he was guiding them. Antoni couldn't even get a word in and before you knew it the Knicks were back out on the court with no guidance from Dumbtoni. This team needs a coach and a game plan that doesn't involve standing around on offense and chucking up 35+ 3's. Mike D'Antoni = Worst Knicks coach ever (considering his team's talent).

I was wondering if other people noticed that in Sacramento.

mafra

Legend
Ever since D'antoni arrived, I cringe lae in the 4th when we gther around the huddle to "scheme" away the game. As soon as th players step back on to the court, I have no doubt that our coach devised nothing, & the other coach knows exactly what were're doing.

Crawford, Duhan, Harrington, N8, Camelo, Stoudemie. It dont matter who gets shot, the play usually has all 5 guys spreading about the 3 point line, while we allow whoever to go ISO, beginging his move 30 fett away from the hoop. Coach loves low oct shots but the opponent permist these in abundance. Problem is high pct shots win games in half court.

But I saw our big losers (PG/SG) bot miss clutch fre throws down the stretc. A free bucket uncontested. I saw our PG not remember the play coach drew up seconds prior. And I saw our go to horse brick a 3 with ame on the line.

This is all CARMELO ANTHONY'S FAULT. Let's lay off coach, TD, Dolan, Joorts, and everyone. Melo has 2 choices:

1- Get Paid & come to NY with a complete roster
2- Get paid & force NY to trade roster so he doesn't risk losing 8 mil.

Instead if having Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Randolph, Mozgov Knicks were stuck with Novak, Joorts, Balkman, Walker to surround Melo.

Carmelo sacrificed our best chance to win a title b/c he is a greedy tool. He as arrogant to claim that it wont matter, b/c he will deliver the chanpionship. From what I see, he cannot carry this team against non-playoffs teams (GSW & TOR).

All Carmelo had to do what wait & sign. He would be here right now. Knicks would still have their Amnesty resource.

Felton
Gallinari
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

Bench: Mozgov, Joort, Fields, Douglas, Shumpert

Maybe Chandler doesn't take less money to play here, so we keep Wilson Chandler or Anthony Randolph instead. Or maybe we have talent to trade for Paul.

We've talked about this. So it is put up or shut up Carmelo. Playing .500 ball and hoping to escape beyond the 1st round of the playoffs is not what we want. Your gree has forever doomed this team to be stepping stones for BOS & MIA. Melo better PRAY that Baron Davis retursn to form, Shumpert is the real deal, and a bruises like Keynon Martin signs aboard.

CoolClyde

don't blame Carmelo for shooting, he's doing what he's told by Antoni, as if there's any set plays for him. it's 1 on 1, it's shoot as soon as you're open, it's shoot shoot sh*t shot shoot! it's SSOL without a true point guard. it's win if you're hot, lose if you're not. SSOL = LOSS sans PG!

don't blame Carmelo for forcing trade. Donnie Walsh did not want to sacrifice 1/2 the team, but D'oh-lan stepped in and blew up three years of building (much to Donnies chagrin) and I'm sure the Isiah-love influence had something (a lot) to do with it.

lowlights tonite:
Mike Booby - 0 points, 0 assists -18 (+/-) in 15 minutes!! hello? you smell!

Bill Walkie Talkie - so inconsistent, 24 minutes of mostly bad ball... 1 bound, 1 assist, 4 fouls, -13 (+/-). just a bad game and a large part of Antoni's sh*t substitutions.

highlights:

Carmelo getting hot
Toney Douglas playing well in 3rd quarter, getting hot
Landry Fields + Josh Harrelson trying hard +13 and +5 on the floor, respectively (+/-)

but, once again, as in the past 3 years, as many KO posters have noted, it's live and die by the 3, very little ball movement, and very little defense in the 4th quarter, when the Knicks need stops. No matter what team is on the court, we see the same thing over and over. Is this the fault of the team over and over, or a sh*tty coach with a sh*tty mustache and a sh*tty attitude?
:2cents:
pringle_wesuck.jpg

Wargames

Starter
Ever since D'antoni arrived, I cringe lae in the 4th when we gther around the huddle to "scheme" away the game. As soon as th players step back on to the court, I have no doubt that our coach devised nothing, & the other coach knows exactly what were're doing.

Crawford, Duhan, Harrington, N8, Camelo, Stoudemie. It dont matter who gets shot, the play usually has all 5 guys spreading about the 3 point line, while we allow whoever to go ISO, beginging his move 30 fett away from the hoop. Coach loves low oct shots but the opponent permist these in abundance. Problem is high pct shots win games in half court.

But I saw our big losers (PG/SG) bot miss clutch fre throws down the stretc. A free bucket uncontested. I saw our PG not remember the play coach drew up seconds prior. And I saw our go to horse brick a 3 with ame on the line.

This is all CARMELO ANTHONY'S FAULT. Let's lay off coach, TD, Dolan, Joorts, and everyone. Melo has 2 choices:

1- Get Paid & come to NY with a complete roster
2- Get paid & force NY to trade roster so he doesn't risk losing 8 mil.

Instead if having Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Randolph, Mozgov Knicks were stuck with Novak, Joorts, Balkman, Walker to surround Melo.

Carmelo sacrificed our best chance to win a title b/c he is a greedy tool. He as arrogant to claim that it wont matter, b/c he will deliver the chanpionship. From what I see, he cannot carry this team against non-playoffs teams (GSW & TOR).

All Carmelo had to do what wait & sign. He would be here right now. Knicks would still have their Amnesty resource.

Felton
Gallinari
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

Bench: Mozgov, Joort, Fields, Douglas, Shumpert

Maybe Chandler doesn't take less money to play here, so we keep Wilson Chandler or Anthony Randolph instead. Or maybe we have talent to trade for Paul.

We've talked about this. So it is put up or shut up Carmelo. Playing .500 ball and hoping to escape beyond the 1st round of the playoffs is not what we want. Your gree has forever doomed this team to be stepping stones for BOS & MIA. Melo better PRAY that Baron Davis retursn to form, Shumpert is the real deal, and a bruises like Keynon Martin signs aboard.

anthony randolph sucks sooooooooooo much though. I mean he is soooooooo horrible. I'm not going to dispute anything else you said because it is a valid appraisal. Its just Anthony Randolph will do everything wrong that he can possibly do wrong. It makes you wonder if he just had a growth spurt 2 weeks before the draft.

CA7

Scoring Champ
SMH guys and this Melo forced trade shit......the reason he did was not because of the money the fact that the owners were trying to get a 45mil hard cap, lowering Max salaries by like 50% or something of sorts

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Lol, where did you get this info? I followed the negotiations on the daily basis and I never heard of any proposal lowering max salaries by 50%. Of course, before the lockout we didn't know how hard will the owners push for changes, but it was clear that the cap will stay at $58M and the only major changes in contracts would concern annual growth and lenght thereof. Everyone more or less interested or involved in the NBA knows that it's always about the money, $6-7M within five years is a lot and this is what Carmelo would lose signing with the Knicks via free agency and I understand he cares about how much he's going to make. But saying it's not about the money but about winning a championship is pure PR, he wanted to enter a big market and it wouldn't really bother him if he signed with the Nets, his chances of getting a ring with the Knicks aren't any bigger than in Denver with the Nuggets.

pat

Starter
It's probably in D'Antoni's office, top drawer behind the "Defense for Dummies" book.

Defence is not the issue right now. They scored 90. We can't get it going on offence. And the whole bench had negative efficiency scores. We are not a deep team and once our bench players are not over-achieving, we are in trouble.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Lol, where did you get this info? I followed the negotiations on the daily basis and I never heard of any proposal lowering max salaries by 50%. Of course, before the lockout we didn't know how hard will the owners push for changes, but it was clear that the cap will stay at $58M and the only major changes in contracts would concern annual growth and lenght thereof. Everyone more or less interested or involved in the NBA knows that it's always about the money, $6-7M within five years is a lot and this is what Carmelo would lose signing with the Knicks via free agency and I understand he cares about how much he's going to make. But saying it's not about the money but about winning a championship is pure PR, he wanted to enter a big market and it wouldn't really bother him if he signed with the Nets, his chances of getting a ring with the Knicks aren't any bigger than in Denver with the Nuggets.

That's the thing. Nobody really knew how hard the owners were going to push for a lower hard cap. Prior to the lockout (which is when Melo was getting his deal done), there was talk that the entire season would be lost and all contracts would be scaled back. There was also a possibility of a franchise tag, and that would've REALLY screwed Melo over.

Wargames

Starter
You guys are semi right. First of the coaching sucks. D'antoni needs a HOF PG ti basically be the on court coach. Secondly yeah the current roster sucks because the starting PG and PF are on the bench sitting next to 2 of the 4 players who will likely come of the bench.

So lets be real even if D'antoni does do a 10 man regular rotation. 4 of those guys are out, persinally i think B. Walker gets 5 minutes a game tops so lets call it a 9 man rotation. 4 of those guys are injured. Right now the knicks have the most injuries to their lineup in the entire league. Luckily all of them are minor.

You guys are semi right. First of the coaching sucks. D'antoni needs a HOF PG ti basically be the on court coach. Secondly yeah the current roster sucks because the starting PG and PF are on the bench sitting next to 2 of the 4 players who will likely come of the bench.

So lets be real even if D'antoni does do a 10 man regular rotation. 4 of those guys are out, persinally i think B. Walker gets 5 minutes a game tops so lets call it a 9 man rotation. 4 of those guys are injured. Right now the knicks have the most injuries to their lineup in the entire league. Luckily all of them are minor.

So let's pretend Baron Davis works and we are indeed a much better team with him what happens if he decides to call it a day in the summer or join the Heat/Lakers or if he gets fat and lazy again?

We can't back our entire well-being on the mood/intentions of a 33 year old PG who's from the other side of the USA.

What happns if we lose him this summer?

We can't expect to find a good veteran PG on a minimum salary each summer....and without a PG this team doesn't work, D'Antoni or no D'Antoni.

Shumpert with all his great qualities has never been a playmaker either and Toney Douglas is just a nightmare...watching him play is like having a bad dream.