1-2-12 Knicks vs Craptors Game

Predict the combined minutes played tonight for Balkman, Jordan and Novak

• Are you kidding me? All 3 are going to have major roles tonight!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Between 1 and 10 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Between 11 and 20 minutes combined

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • None of the 3 will see the floor, D'antoni will only go 8 deep

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
but at one point even he will have to confess that we've screwed it up once again with this roster.

beatdeadhorse5.gif

That's highly, no, extremely unlikely.

This roster is a stud.

In your assessments, have you given any thought to injuries?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That's the thing. Nobody really knew how hard the owners were going to push for a lower hard cap. Prior to the lockout (which is when Melo was getting his deal done), there was talk that the entire season would be lost and all contracts would be scaled back. There was also a possibility of a franchise tag, and that would've REALLY screwed Melo over.

All that talk was bullsh*t. I called it over a year ago. Max contracts were going to be fine. The players assoc would not have stood for franchise tags. I was saying over a year ago, the players that stood to lose the most in the new CBA were free agents like Nene and Crawford. But we didn't hear a peep from them. Not a single complaint about needing to be traded.

I find it funny that when a CEO or Wall Stret guy pulls something similar everyone calls it greed, but when Melo does it, he's looking out for his family. SMH.

Wargames

Starter
So let's pretend Baron Davis works and we are indeed a much better team with him what happens if he decides to call it a wday in the summer or join the Heat/Lakers or if he gets fat and lazy again?

We can't back our entire well-being on the mood/intentions of a 33 year old PG who's from the other side of the USA.

What happns if we lose him this summer?

We can't expect to find a good veteran PG on a minimum salary each summer....and without a PG this team doesn't work, D'Antoni or no D'Antoni.

Shumpert with all his great qualities has never been a playmaker either and Toney Douglas is just a nightmare...watching him play is like having a bad dream.

If baron leaves we have the Full MLE to replace him. Even if he leave the year after the knicks will have their 2013 pick to find someone else if they can't come to terms and at 34 he may just stay amd retire as a knick since he'll be at the tail end of his career.

Wargames

Starter
All that talk was bullsh*t. I called it over a year ago. Max contracts were going to be fine. The players assoc would not have stood for franchise tags. I was saying over a year ago, the players that stood to lose the most in the new CBA were free agents like Nene and Crawford. But we didn't hear a peep from them. Not a single complaint about needing to be traded.

I find it funny that when a CEO or Wall Stret guy pulls something similar everyone calls it greed, but when Melo does it, he's looking out for his family. SMH.

Well Nene stayed in denver for the money, and crawford took a lot less than he could of got last year. There was a point he was thinking of taking the mini MLE due to lack of interest. If ROY didn't retire he would be in NY chucking.....