View Poll Results: Predict the combined minutes played tonight for Balkman, Jordan and Novak

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you kidding me? All 3 are going to have major roles tonight!

2 22.22%
  • Between 1 and 10 minutes combined

3 33.33%
  • Between 11 and 20 minutes combined

3 33.33%
  • None of the 3 will see the floor, D'antoni will only go 8 deep

1 11.11%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1-2-12 Knicks vs Craptors Game

Originally Posted by htr10
    He definitely was not where he was supposed to be to accept the in-bounds on that play. TD had a great 2nd half, but he did it shooting and that's what we should be using him for.
    yeah man dude shot 13 points in one quarter I think, that is a hell of a off the bench player.

Originally Posted by Red

How do you think I feel? I'm a Knicks, Mets, Jets, and St. Johns fan. Life sucks. Got any extra bags?

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    RT @MosheRAB: Toronto broadcast showed that TD didnt know the play. Out of a TO.

IF this is true then Christ we need help at PG
    Yes.

In fairness on the last play.....Raptors know we are going to be setting up for a 3 and only a 3 -- and the range of players who will be taking that 3 is quite small.

But I don't want to rationalize the final play too much, as MDA's biggest weakness to me is spots like that, so....

We did hold another team under 100. And Raptors hit a late stretch of well-defended and/or chucked up shots.

And despite Amare's struggles this season, it's pretty obvious that at the end of a game having him would have made a huge difference. Not to mention having a backcourt a bit less sheisty.

The issue being painted early on is one of offense for us, not defense. An extreme irony, especially for MDA. I guess extreme dogmas exist, so perhaps so many (players, analysts, coaches, etc) are wrong, and MDA is not an offensively capable coach -- let alone mastermind.

I'm still staying on the ship, though, and believe this Knick team will right itself with MDA as coach, this season. The defense will make gradual improvements, the offense will at some point make a major one. We will enter the playoffs a dangerous, viable contender.

Hahahahaha that reporter got dantoni upset asking about the 3s! Lol

Originally Posted by smokes
    What you talking about? Only poor part of Fields tonight was his bad three point shooting which is not really his game.

Fields made some nice plays esp defensively down the stretch. Shame about the foul on Bargnani but what you expect having a 7 footer shooting over you.
    Fields had some good plays, made some good cuts, played his game.

He's just not made to play on a team that's founded upon chuckery.

Props go to Bill Walker tonight. He knew what he was told to do - chuck - and he gave up his shot for what he believed was a better play.

D'Antoni had himself a scapegoat; thereafter Bill's balls benched.

Walker did not have a good game, but he adjusted to the losing flow in the way he saw best. There was no conversion on that play, but he supplanted chuckery with a jumper from Fields. It missed. That's not the point.

D'Antoni was irate.

D'Antoni is a lesbian with a caterpillar on his top lip.

Did anyone notice, I think it was in the second quarter... MDA called a timeout and the Knicks players went into a huddle on the court before going over to the bench. I didn't see it just heard the Toronto casters talking about it. More signs of a crack in the team?

Did anyone notice, I think it was in the second quarter... MDA called a timeout and the Knicks players went into a huddle on the court before going over to the bench. I didn't see it just heard the Toronto casters talking about it. More signs of a crack in the team?
    There's definitely crack involved somewhere on this team

I saw the same think during the Sacramento game. A timeout was called and everyone gathered up around Melo and he was guiding them. Antoni couldn't even get a word in and before you knew it the Knicks were back out on the court with no guidance from Dumbtoni. This team needs a coach and a game plan that doesn't involve standing around on offense and chucking up 35+ 3's. Mike D'Antoni = Worst Knicks coach ever (considering his team's talent).

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    There's definitely crack involved somewhere on this team
    It's probably in D'Antoni's office, top drawer behind the "Defense for Dummies" book.

Let me put it this way....I'll trade Mike D'Antoni for Dwyane Casey right now. I think we'd be better off at this point

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I saw the same think during the Sacramento game. A timeout was called and everyone gathered up around Melo and he was guiding them. Antoni couldn't even get a word in and before you knew it the Knicks were back out on the court with no guidance from Dumbtoni. This team needs a coach and a game plan that doesn't involve standing around on offense and chucking up 35+ 3's. Mike D'Antoni = Worst Knicks coach ever (considering his team's talent).
    I was wondering if other people noticed that in Sacramento.

anyone else think the players are tanking to get rid of d antoni?

Ever since D'antoni arrived, I cringe lae in the 4th when we gther around the huddle to "scheme" away the game. As soon as th players step back on to the court, I have no doubt that our coach devised nothing, & the other coach knows exactly what were're doing.

Crawford, Duhan, Harrington, N8, Camelo, Stoudemie. It dont matter who gets shot, the play usually has all 5 guys spreading about the 3 point line, while we allow whoever to go ISO, beginging his move 30 fett away from the hoop. Coach loves low oct shots but the opponent permist these in abundance. Problem is high pct shots win games in half court.

But I saw our big losers (PG/SG) bot miss clutch fre throws down the stretc. A free bucket uncontested. I saw our PG not remember the play coach drew up seconds prior. And I saw our go to horse brick a 3 with ame on the line.

This is all CARMELO ANTHONY'S FAULT. Let's lay off coach, TD, Dolan, Joorts, and everyone. Melo has 2 choices:

1- Get Paid & come to NY with a complete roster
    2- Get paid & force NY to trade roster so he doesn't risk losing 8 mil.

Instead if having Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Randolph, Mozgov Knicks were stuck with Novak, Joorts, Balkman, Walker to surround Melo.

Carmelo sacrificed our best chance to win a title b/c he is a greedy tool. He as arrogant to claim that it wont matter, b/c he will deliver the chanpionship. From what I see, he cannot carry this team against non-playoffs teams (GSW & TOR).

All Carmelo had to do what wait & sign. He would be here right now. Knicks would still have their Amnesty resource.

Felton
    Gallinari
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Chandler

Bench: Mozgov, Joort, Fields, Douglas, Shumpert

Maybe Chandler doesn't take less money to play here, so we keep Wilson Chandler or Anthony Randolph instead. Or maybe we have talent to trade for Paul.

We've talked about this. So it is put up or shut up Carmelo. Playing .500 ball and hoping to escape beyond the 1st round of the playoffs is not what we want. Your gree has forever doomed this team to be stepping stones for BOS & MIA. Melo better PRAY that Baron Davis retursn to form, Shumpert is the real deal, and a bruises like Keynon Martin signs aboard.

don't blame Carmelo for shooting, he's doing what he's told by Antoni, as if there's any set plays for him. it's 1 on 1, it's shoot as soon as you're open, it's shoot shoot sh*t shot shoot! it's SSOL without a true point guard. it's win if you're hot, lose if you're not. SSOL = LOSS sans PG!

don't blame Carmelo for forcing trade. Donnie Walsh did not want to sacrifice 1/2 the team, but D'oh-lan stepped in and blew up three years of building (much to Donnies chagrin) and I'm sure the Isiah-love influence had something (a lot) to do with it.

lowlights tonite:
    Mike Booby - 0 points, 0 assists -18 (+/-) in 15 minutes!! hello? you smell!

Bill Walkie Talkie - so inconsistent, 24 minutes of mostly bad ball... 1 bound, 1 assist, 4 fouls, -13 (+/-). just a bad game and a large part of Antoni's sh*t substitutions.

highlights:

Carmelo getting hot
    Toney Douglas playing well in 3rd quarter, getting hot
    Landry Fields + Josh Harrelson trying hard +13 and +5 on the floor, respectively (+/-)

but, once again, as in the past 3 years, as many KO posters have noted, it's live and die by the 3, very little ball movement, and very little defense in the 4th quarter, when the Knicks need stops. No matter what team is on the court, we see the same thing over and over. Is this the fault of the team over and over, or a sh*tty coach with a sh*tty mustache and a sh*tty attitude?

Originally Posted by mafra
    Ever since D'antoni arrived, I cringe lae in the 4th when we gther around the huddle to "scheme" away the game. As soon as th players step back on to the court, I have no doubt that our coach devised nothing, & the other coach knows exactly what were're doing.

Crawford, Duhan, Harrington, N8, Camelo, Stoudemie. It dont matter who gets shot, the play usually has all 5 guys spreading about the 3 point line, while we allow whoever to go ISO, beginging his move 30 fett away from the hoop. Coach loves low oct shots but the opponent permist these in abundance. Problem is high pct shots win games in half court.

But I saw our big losers (PG/SG) bot miss clutch fre throws down the stretc. A free bucket uncontested. I saw our PG not remember the play coach drew up seconds prior. And I saw our go to horse brick a 3 with ame on the line.

This is all CARMELO ANTHONY'S FAULT. Let's lay off coach, TD, Dolan, Joorts, and everyone. Melo has 2 choices:

1- Get Paid & come to NY with a complete roster
    2- Get paid & force NY to trade roster so he doesn't risk losing 8 mil.

Instead if having Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Randolph, Mozgov Knicks were stuck with Novak, Joorts, Balkman, Walker to surround Melo.

Carmelo sacrificed our best chance to win a title b/c he is a greedy tool. He as arrogant to claim that it wont matter, b/c he will deliver the chanpionship. From what I see, he cannot carry this team against non-playoffs teams (GSW & TOR).

All Carmelo had to do what wait & sign. He would be here right now. Knicks would still have their Amnesty resource.

Felton
    Gallinari
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Chandler

Bench: Mozgov, Joort, Fields, Douglas, Shumpert

Maybe Chandler doesn't take less money to play here, so we keep Wilson Chandler or Anthony Randolph instead. Or maybe we have talent to trade for Paul.

We've talked about this. So it is put up or shut up Carmelo. Playing .500 ball and hoping to escape beyond the 1st round of the playoffs is not what we want. Your gree has forever doomed this team to be stepping stones for BOS & MIA. Melo better PRAY that Baron Davis retursn to form, Shumpert is the real deal, and a bruises like Keynon Martin signs aboard.
    anthony randolph sucks sooooooooooo much though. I mean he is soooooooo horrible. I'm not going to dispute anything else you said because it is a valid appraisal. Its just Anthony Randolph will do everything wrong that he can possibly do wrong. It makes you wonder if he just had a growth spurt 2 weeks before the draft.