We sign D-will 5yr 75 mil
trade Chandler Thompson for Howard 5yr 80mi
draft John Jenkins-32nd Marshall Fetusi Ezel-50th
sign Elton Brand 2yr mid MLE unless KG will sign here for MLE

NBA Champs
D-Will Shumpert Melo Jorts Howard
Sessions Jenkins Fields Brand Jordan
Ezel Machado

Hmm, not sure how these moves will help us achieve MDA's goal of shattering the all-time record for 3-pointers attempted. Not made, just attempted.

KingofNy

Starter
Hmm, not sure how these moves will help us achieve MDA's goal of shattering the all-time record for 3-pointers attempted. Not made, just attempted.

He already set the record for most ISO's called in one game. I counted 32 tonight. 92% of our offense is ISO and pick & rolls. That's why we only play well 7% of the game. We run more plays in pick-up games at the gym. Where's the coaching?

Absolutely!

No question. Don't even have to think about it.

It's never gonna happen though.

Oh and @ Crazy8s: What has Stoudemire done that you love him so much? Everytime somebody dares to say something not positive on STAT you're going beserk bro!

We're talking about Amar'e ****ing Stoudemire, not Clyde Frazier!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Absolutely!

No question. Don't even have to think about it.

It's never gonna happen though.

Oh and @ Crazy8s: What has Stoudemire done that you love him so much? Everytime somebody dares to say something not positive on STAT you're going beserk bro!

We're talking about Amar'e ****ing Stoudemire, not Clyde Frazier!

facepalm2.gif

Why?

Because I watched him play last season.

I'm reactionary, it's true, but I'm not going to sell out on STAT entirely.

Also, these trade scenarios are pointless. That's what I was going after.

If, as in your case, fans of a team or its players go for full mutiny after a couple of poor performances, that's when I get defensive of him (or whoever) because it's stupid.

fender0577

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;193378 said:
facepalm2.gif

Why?

Because I watched him play last season.

I'm reactionary, it's true, but I'm not going to sell out on STAT entirely.

Also, these trade scenarios are pointless. That's what I was going after.

If, as in your case, fans of a team or its players go for full mutiny after a couple of poor performances, that's when I get defensive of him (or whoever) because it's stupid.
Agreed, he was an MVP candidate last season, until antoni ran him into the ground.

Agreed, he was an MVP candidate last season, until antoni ran him into the ground.

MVP candidate? JUdging by his offensive stats maybe, but this guy is a below average rebounder for his entire career, his defense is a bad joke, his offense completely relies on a good pick and roll point guard or he'll turn into Josh Smith. He's turnover prone and not very durable.

You seem to forget about all those turnovers and stupid plays he made last season, like dribbling into a crowd only to lose the ball.

He is a good scorer, given the right point guard, but that's about it.

A cancer to any team's defense and a subpar rebounder.

I know he had those 9 straight 30+ point games last season, but he also had 11 turnovers in a game and several games with 7 or 8 turnovers...he also didn't play any defense last season and more often than not left the court without a double double.

I'd rather have Larry Johnson back at the PF.

quiggle

Starter
Statosphere reminds me of another foward we once had, you know the one who was afraid to dunk the ball in the closing seconds of 1993 game 5 ECF.

his best days are behind him, in 2 seasons hes had two injuries thats kept him on sideline, how the hell do you claim to amass more muscle even grown an inch during lockout then screw up your ankle, damn even Glen Baby Davis has played in all his games so far

fender0577

Rotation player
MVP candidate? JUdging by his offensive stats maybe, but this guy is a below average rebounder for his entire career, his defense is a bad joke, his offense completely relies on a good pick and roll point guard or he'll turn into Josh Smith. He's turnover prone and not very durable.

You seem to forget about all those turnovers and stupid plays he made last season, like dribbling into a crowd only to lose the ball.

He is a good scorer, given the right point guard, but that's about it.

A cancer to any team's defense and a subpar rebounder.

I know he had those 9 straight 30+ point games last season, but he also had 11 turnovers in a game and several games with 7 or 8 turnovers...he also didn't play any defense last season and more often than not left the court without a double double.

I'd rather have Larry Johnson back at the PF.
You made some good points, but i still doesn't change the fact that he was in the MVP discussions last season.I agree he starts his offensive game way to far from the rim, but his coach should recognize this and design plays to get him easier baskets, you can't deny he is one of the better PF's in the game.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would trade Carmelo Anthony before Amar'e Stoudemire. Anthony is too much of an isolation player. There's a reason why Anthony has only been passed the first round of the playoffs once.

quiggle

Starter
I would do the same, the Knicks have nothing as second option to scoring to balance out so if he ends up getting injured they are in trouble, Id rather have a team that can evenly distribute 100 points among five six players then have one guy score 40 and everyone has measles to chip in.

slowly but surely he is becoming the Knicks Alex Rodriguez, and look at the garbage A-Rod has become and Yankees fans still have to put up 6 more years of this

nyk_nyk

All Star
I would trade Carmelo Anthony before Amar'e Stoudemire. Anthony is too much of an isolation player. There's a reason why Anthony has only been passed the first round of the playoffs once.

Melo is also damn near unguardable. Also, we've already seen his pasisng ability. His primary job on the court is to score but that doesn't mean he can't do other things. Just look as his stats from last night.

He had 11 rbs. Has Amare even had that many yet?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The way STAT played against GS I would trade him straight up for anybody..:boohoo:

i like Stat but id trade him for quite a few players. Ida traded him for Chris Paul in hot sec.

no. you trade the less valuable piece first in every instance. this is so basic dude. next time pull your head out of your rear end before you make comments. Anthony's more valuable than Stat.

I would do the same, the Knicks have nothing as second option to scoring to balance out so if he ends up getting injured they are in trouble, Id rather have a team that can evenly distribute 100 points among five six players then have one guy score 40 and everyone has measles to chip in.

slowly but surely he is becoming the Knicks Alex Rodriguez, and look at the garbage A-Rod has become and Yankees fans still have to put up 6 more years of this

melo knows how to win. he knows how to close. he has never had this kind of supporting talent around him. he's never had a guy like amare to pick up the slack when he has an off night. or to put us over the top easily when his shots are falling.

I'd like melo to not have to score so much either. but if we have a first half like we had last night where other guys cant throw it in the ocean and no amare, he has to get more attempts. this wont be necessary every night, but for nights like last its good to have someone like melo.
people r talking crazy around lately. imma have to start weighing in more..:gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't know if I'd do STAT for Kevin Love.

STAT is better on offense. Love is a great rebounder but the guy can't defend worth a damn. STAT can at least block a shot here or there