Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Only MDA

Thumbs down Shaking my head...

THREE-FOR-ALL:*The Knicks shot 35 threes on Monday. They missed 25 of them. This wasn't the only reason they lost by five to the Raptors, but it was a major one.*Mike D'Antoni*defended his team's shot selection, saying most of the attempts came within the flow of the offense. He noted that the Knicks may have forced a few 3-pointers but also shot a few two-point attempts when their was an open three. The Knicks are 19th in the league in 3-point percentage, making 31 percent. Even worse, they are 28th in field goal percentage at 40.2 percent. How many will they hoist up against the Bobcats?*

GETTING DEFENSIVE:*The Knicks have allowed a little over 95 points per game, well below the 105.7 they gave up last season. Part of this can be attributed to an early onset of the "Tyson Chandler*effect" and part of it can be attributed to a slower pace. But they still have plenty of work to do on the boards. They are averaging a league-low 35 rebounds per game. One reason for the low total? Forty-five percent of their opponents' shots are going in. But the more troubling stat is this: The Knicks are being out rebounded by 9.4 rebounds per game, the second-highest total in the league.*
    This can't be by design could it? Can't be because no one is under the hoop could it?

Only MOA.

If I didn't know any better i'd say this guy is trying to get fired.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    LOL.

Jorts Shot 10 3 pointers the entire year last year for Kentucky. Keep in mind the 3 point line is closer than the NBA 3.

Jorts has already shot 15, that's right 15 3 pointers for the Knicks in 5 games. That's 3 a game.

This coach is an absolute JOKE...
    Ladies and gentlemen... I present to you the Dantoni effect.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Ladies and gentlemen... I present to you the Dantoni effect.
    Mind boggling. You see Jorts and your first thought should be down low. ching ching ching...

Kind of a shame we have to trust this coach to develop a rookie big. Once MDA realizes he cant hit the three well enough he'll be benched and ruined like so many bigs before him...
    So Jorts only gets 3 minutes tonight. How many DNPCD's can we expect going forward?

Five coaches that are better than D'antoni:

1.) Lon Kruger
    2.) Don Chaney
    3.) Bob Weiss
    4.) Brian Hill
    5.) PJ Carlesimo

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Five coaches that are better than D'antoni:

1.) Lon Kruger
    2.) Don Chaney
    3.) Bob Weiss
    4.) Brian Hill
    5.) PJ Carlesimo
    My HS coach, Coach Blake would give him a run for his money right now. God rest his soul...

My HS coach, Coach Blake would give him a run for his money right now. God rest his soul...
    It isn't difficult to be a better coach than D'antoni. All you have to do is motivate your team to play zone defense, get on the cases of your superstar players when they fail to do the most fundamental things and bench any player who attempts to shoot more three pointers than two pointers a game.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Jan 04, 2012 at 23:17.

I would rather see Baron Davis be the head coach for now and Mike O the assistant