2005 all over again

quiggle

Starter
yall see the similarities between 2005 and this season, fresh off a playoff sweep from the last, bigger expectations, Melo is basically Marbury supposed to bring us to the promised land but aint happening, Renaissance Man is Allan Houston just sitting on bench collecting an outrageous paycheck, has been brand name Barron Davis a la Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza - Shumpert, etc and the list goes on

so if all goes as planned, we will miss the playoffs but mercifully Dolan will take Dantoni and hang him out to dry, embarrass him like he did to Lenny Wilkens. Im telling you Zeke is not too far from returning, Im telling you

I actually think quiggle is a decent poster. He's speaking the truth - seems like 99% on here don't wanna hear it though and continue to live in their 'Oh we're so good, we're a ****ing contender!' bubble.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I actually think quiggle is a decent poster. He's speaking the truth - seems like 99% on here don't wanna hear it though and continue to live in their 'Oh we're so good, we're a ****ing contender!' bubble.

He only shows up in the hard times, and revels in accentuating everything that pisses us off.

In the good times, whatever form they're in, he doesn't post.

He's a downer troll.

quiggle

Starter
speaking of the past a lot of you here are striaght up phonies remember when yall rained on the Nuggets Knicks fight in 2006 and then gave it to Melo for his bitch slap then running away to the other end of the court now because he wears Knicks uniform hes some kind of God to. face reality neither Reniassance Man or Carmelo came here to brings Knicks a championship or glory to the team, contrary to fact they came here only for the money. when they are done here they wont come back to help the team like Starks, Houston, Herb Williams. Ewing and Oak I feel for because they want to be back but the team wrong them, now these are true Knicks what have are mercenaries on the team that are like peeps from New Jersey, they come to New York to make a living leave they scat here then go back home to whereever the hell and back.

Crazy⑧s;193365 said:
He only shows up in the hard times, and revels in accentuating everything that pisses us off.

In the good times, whatever form they're in, he doesn't post.

He's a downer troll.

To be fair to him, times have been hard 90% of the time for us over the last decade :)

Yes we made the Playoffs last season, but it was a struggle that didn't end well and for 2 All-Star game starters on the roster and 1 former Finals-MVP we kinda underperformed.

I was guilty of beeing euphoric too last season when we traded for Melo, not that he has been a letdown, I actually think he's been fine as a Knick, but the trade ruined our present and future.

quiggle

Starter
I agree, Melo is more selfish than anyone, when you look at what Miami did each of the players took less and sacrificed to make it happen, if it was suppose to be big 3 here with Renaissance Man, Melo and CP3, Melo would have sacrificed and not forced the trade and signed as free agent take less money so the Knicks would still have had assets to trade for CP3, the NBA would have to have approved if we gave up Gallo, Chandler, Felton Timofey, etc. and then in the offseason I think he was bragging that wooh wooh if I didnt force the trade last season i would have made far less under new agreement, now look what you have more money but less wins

I agree, Melo is more selfish than anyone, when you look at what Miami did each of the players took less and sacrificed to make it happen, if it was suppose to be big 3 here with Renaissance Man, Melo and CP3, Melo would have sacrificed and not forced the trade and signed as free agent take less money so the Knicks would still have had assets to trade for CP3, the NBA would have to have approved if we gave up Gallo, Chandler, Felton Timofey, etc. and then in the offseason I think he was bragging that wooh wooh if I didnt force the trade last season i would have made far less under new agreement, now look what you have more money but less wins

I'm actually fine with having Melo as a franchise player though. What we need is the right roster around him and the right coach for him.

I almost feel sorry for Melo, last night his teammates were worse than what Kobe had in 2005 with the Lakers....Melo had to do EVERYTHING.
This coach is unable to work with Melo.
And we're left with Fraudemire's huge contract that prevents us from getting either a great PG or several good players, like a decent PG and shooting guard or even PF.

We overpaied on Chandler too, good player and very important, but we payed too much for him, but that's James Dolan for ya, not caring about the salary cap, just signing players who are the real deal in his oppinion, whether they fit in or not....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I was guilty of beeing euphoric too last season when we traded for Melo, not that he has been a letdown, I actually think he's been fine as a Knick, but the trade ruined our present and future.

Right.......

I don't think it ruined our present entirely, or our future, but it worsened its likelihood of being really successful.

Can't deny that.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm actually fine with having Melo as a franchise player though. What we need is the right roster around him and the right coach for him.

I almost feel sorry for Melo, last night his teammates were worse than what Kobe had in 2005 with the Lakers....Melo had to do EVERYTHING.

Actually, Melo is entirely to blame for the reason he has to do everything. His greed forced us to give the depth and supporting cast that a player of his caliber needs to win. Remember, Melo had a great supporting cast in Denver, it wasn't just him, he had a lot of talent around him.

quiggle

Starter
let it marinate a couple of more seasons before "Carmelo is a cancer" sayings and threads begin, this is not team basketball yall watching, what was the main success in the championships our team won was unselfish team distribution, theres none of that here.

Actually, Melo is entirely to blame for the reason he has to do everything. His greed forced us to give the depth and supporting cast that a player of his caliber needs to win. Remember, Melo had a great supporting cast in Denver, it wasn't just him, he had a lot of talent around him.

You're right, Denver had a pretty good roster back then. They made it to the Conference Finals, but the Lakers were just too strong, nothing Melo or any other Nugget could do about that.

I think it's wrong to blame one single player for our situation, this season completely aside, I think most Knick fans start to realize that we'll probably never win a championship with a trio of Melo/STAT/Chandler and no salary cap.

Today's NBA is so competitive with all those superteams emerging, Rondo/Allen/Garnett/Pierce, Wade/James/Bosh, Paul/Griffin/Billups/Jordan, Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Harden/Perkins, maybe even Deron Williams/Dwight Howard soon....it's tough.

Of course we will improve and we should be a playoff tea for the next 3-4 years, but with no cap space and/or good raft picks in the future we seem to be too weak to beat atleast Miami, the Clippers and Oklahoma in the next few years. Chicago look good too.

Melo/STAT/Chandler is a trio with too many individual flaws compared to those other contenders.

But to win a championship was the ultimate goal here. This seems to be atleast very questionable now and people are disappointed. I can fully understand that, it's good to be in the Playoffs again, but this city is not about first round Playoff exits, it's about Finals and championships.

I'd say the major flaw in this organization is the lack of patience and the notorious trade-happyness. It all went downhill when we initiated that Denver trade back in 2002, Camby and Nene for McDyess, who played about 20 underwhelming games for us...

From that point onwards, we never showed patience to rebuild via the Draft and get future franchise players on slim rookie contracts, we always wanted to hit the homerun and signed expensive, cap-eating free agents, who were all supposed to be the next big thing, but none of them were, but we traded away all of our picks and our cap space was ruined for years.

Then Donnie did a good job clearing all that cap space, but the best free agents available acted like bitches and decided to form that Big 3. We had no picks to rebuild via the Draft, so the pressure was on our front office to deliver and they signed Stoudemire for $100 million. Can't blame Donnie for that move, he had to deliver after all the cap clearing and all the hype surrounding that free agency, but it's a huge difference whether you get STAT for $100 million or a guy who's won rings like D-Wade, who can deliver on any team and on both ends of the floor.

I think a more patient approach back at the start of last decade, hen LJ retired and Ewing was done, rebuilding via the Draft would see us in a much better position right now, so many great players have entered the league since then, but we placed our single bet on the 2010 free agency and Lebron or Wade.

We had assets back then, like Sprewell, Camby, Kurt Thomas etc. who were all traded, but traded for bullshit, we should have kept them or atleast traded them for lottery picks, high lottery picks and not Keith van Horn, an injured McDyess and Quentin Richardson.....

then came the Isiah days....that completely finished us off.

The Knicks are a story of incredibly bad management over the last decade.....I wonder what we have done to the man above that we always end up in those blind alleys.

Donnie Walsh was a good GM, but he arrived at the wrong time, when the damage was already done and nobody knew that Lebron and Wade would act like this....Donnie had no choice but to go with Stoudemire, because saving the cap was ot an option for Dolan and we had no lottery picks at that point either.

We were still in a decent position though, but then Dolan intervened and pulled the trigger on the Melo trade, and while Melo is a good player and I really like him, it was the dagger for our championship hopes. The Tyson Chandler contract is just the icing on the cake.

Wargames

Starter
Ok you guys have to all relax. The OP is a troll, how is this current team being compared to the 2005 squad and you regular fans agreeing to it?

Quiggle who if he reallt is a knick fan then is the worse kind brings up examples of the knicks horrible pass throws current players names around and then you guys all go into a taulspin of negativity.

Melo isnt Marbury, Marbury was insane and a Diva, Melo is surrounded by scrubs due to injuries and bad choices in the rotation and hasn't complained yet. Stat isnt Houston, he just sprained his ankle and the team wisely allowed him to sit out because of the shortened schedule. T Chandler isn't Eddy Curry because that fat ass is sitting on the Heats bench right now.

If anything the knicks are badly coached, and this schdule and lack of training camp/preseason doesn't help. But this team's roster is far from bad. Its just injured. You know what team ia screwed? The spurs Ginobli broke his wrist and will be out for 2 months. Hell even the knicks coaching issues can be improved after this season. Stop assuming the worse and just wait, the knicks have a better chance now than they did waiting for CP3.

quiggle

Starter
youre right, I stand corrected on that as I guess technically Penny would compare to Chauncey because they were collateral damages as part of the star trade (Marbury vs. Melo) and we traded Penny to get Steven Francis who was supposed to be that other piece to help Marbury, just like Billups was kind of traded to get Chander who is supposed to help Melo.

are you just frightened that this is all happening again because its really uncrackling before our eyes

Wargames

Starter
youre right, I stand corrected on that as I guess technically Penny would compare to Chauncey because they were collateral damages as part of the star trade (Marbury vs. Melo) and we traded Penny to get Steven Francis who was supposed to be that other piece to help Marbury, just like Billups was kind of traded to get Chander who is supposed to help Melo.

are you just frightened that this is all happening again because its really uncrackling before our eyes

Steve francis was a stupid move to begin with, he was a washed up ball hog player. That whole team was made of ball hogs. Besides Melo they're are no natural ISO players on the team. Amare can ISO but he thrives in the P'N'R. As for chandler he wasnt brought here for Melo. He was brought he to stop teams from killing us in the paint rebound wise, to play defense, and too allow Amare to play PF so that the likelihood of him having a career ending injury playing as center would be lower.

Anyhow there is nothing to be scared about. If anything the Knicks are a bunch of Lucky SOB's. They paid fair price for Melo (when they should of raped the nuggets) and are a year away from regaining most of that lost depth. Also if it wasnt for the amnesty they wouldn't have got CP3 and been stuck with Billups since Stern was only going to trade with a small market scrub team. I'm a lot happier with Tyson chandler and B.Diddy on this team than Being stuck with Billups trying to move him for something.

Anyhow Quigs stop the trolling the Knicks are going to be ok. If K-Mart joins they are going to be better than Ok. And if the knicks can get Phil Jackson and replace that depth next year they could even dominate.

quiggle

Starter
you should count how many times you said "if" , yall need to look at what "is" and the rotten product that is being presented to us here with soaring ticket prices . at the end of the day, this era is no better than even the Hubie Brown coached teams, won nothing

Wargames

Starter
Well this IS still early in the season
And so far the knicks IS not a healthy team yet
And D'antoni IS the coach for the rest of the season. (#bringphiljackback)

But Quigs you ARE Trolling
And The Injured player ARE going to be back
And the Knicks ARE going to improve.

Also the Knicks do HAVE a full MLE next year
They do HAVE the mini MLE this year
So the real Knick fans should HAVE some hope and not despair so easily

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
To be fair to him, times have been hard 90% of the time for us over the last decade :)

Yes we made the Playoffs last season, but it was a struggle that didn't end well and for 2 All-Star game starters on the roster and 1 former Finals-MVP we kinda underperformed.

...CARMELO HAS BEEN A LETDOWN TO YOU!? LMFAO SMDH

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Melo is one of my favourite players and he showed last year in the playoffs why he's worth every dime. I don't deny that he was selfish in wanting the max, nor that we traded away a small part of our future to get him but it's a trade I'd do 100 times out of 100.

What Melo is, is a proven game winner in his prime and what he does is what is demanded most of the position he plays. Scores. He's the best in the world at it.

Now Stat on the other hand? I know I will get stick for this but I can name 10 PF's at least I'd rather have on this team. His injuries are still a constant concern and he loses more games than he wins. In 2010 when he was the man and the team did all his dirty work great but now we have 3 players trying to carry 2 defensively and 2 players trying to carry 3 offensively, it doesn't work and I dare say it might never work.

The main difference between Amar'e and Melo (and the only difference) is that Melo is top 3 in his position and somewhat irreplaceable and despite how things went down he's worth his max, Amar'e for all his banging on his chest and personality simply isn't.

Feel free to ask me who the ten PF's I'd rather have are, hell I'll probably name more.