Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 all over again

Originally Posted by quiggle
    youre right, I stand corrected on that as I guess technically Penny would compare to Chauncey because they were collateral damages as part of the star trade (Marbury vs. Melo) and we traded Penny to get Steven Francis who was supposed to be that other piece to help Marbury, just like Billups was kind of traded to get Chander who is supposed to help Melo.

are you just frightened that this is all happening again because its really uncrackling before our eyes
    Steve francis was a stupid move to begin with, he was a washed up ball hog player. That whole team was made of ball hogs. Besides Melo they're are no natural ISO players on the team. Amare can ISO but he thrives in the P'N'R. As for chandler he wasnt brought here for Melo. He was brought he to stop teams from killing us in the paint rebound wise, to play defense, and too allow Amare to play PF so that the likelihood of him having a career ending injury playing as center would be lower.

Anyhow there is nothing to be scared about. If anything the Knicks are a bunch of Lucky SOB's. They paid fair price for Melo (when they should of raped the nuggets) and are a year away from regaining most of that lost depth. Also if it wasnt for the amnesty they wouldn't have got CP3 and been stuck with Billups since Stern was only going to trade with a small market scrub team. I'm a lot happier with Tyson chandler and B.Diddy on this team than Being stuck with Billups trying to move him for something.

Anyhow Quigs stop the trolling the Knicks are going to be ok. If K-Mart joins they are going to be better than Ok. And if the knicks can get Phil Jackson and replace that depth next year they could even dominate.

you should count how many times you said "if" , yall need to look at what "is" and the rotten product that is being presented to us here with soaring ticket prices . at the end of the day, this era is no better than even the Hubie Brown coached teams, won nothing

Well this IS still early in the season
    And so far the knicks IS not a healthy team yet
    And D'antoni IS the coach for the rest of the season. (#bringphiljackback)

But Quigs you ARE Trolling
    And The Injured player ARE going to be back
    And the Knicks ARE going to improve.

Also the Knicks do HAVE a full MLE next year
    They do HAVE the mini MLE this year
    So the real Knick fans should HAVE some hope and not despair so easily

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    To be fair to him, times have been hard 90% of the time for us over the last decade

Yes we made the Playoffs last season, but it was a struggle that didn't end well and for 2 All-Star game starters on the roster and 1 former Finals-MVP we kinda underperformed.

I was guilty of beeing euphoric too last season when we traded for Melo, not that he has been a letdown, I actually think he's been fine as a Knick, but the trade ruined our present and future.
    ...CARMELO HAS BEEN A LETDOWN TO YOU!? LMFAO SMDH

Melo is one of my favourite players and he showed last year in the playoffs why he's worth every dime. I don't deny that he was selfish in wanting the max, nor that we traded away a small part of our future to get him but it's a trade I'd do 100 times out of 100.

What Melo is, is a proven game winner in his prime and what he does is what is demanded most of the position he plays. Scores. He's the best in the world at it.

Now Stat on the other hand? I know I will get stick for this but I can name 10 PF's at least I'd rather have on this team. His injuries are still a constant concern and he loses more games than he wins. In 2010 when he was the man and the team did all his dirty work great but now we have 3 players trying to carry 2 defensively and 2 players trying to carry 3 offensively, it doesn't work and I dare say it might never work.

The main difference between Amar'e and Melo (and the only difference) is that Melo is top 3 in his position and somewhat irreplaceable and despite how things went down he's worth his max, Amar'e for all his banging on his chest and personality simply isn't.

Feel free to ask me who the ten PF's I'd rather have are, hell I'll probably name more.

.^^^^ Outside of Kevin Love who is the best PF in the game and Gasol (sometimes.......when he mans up) I can't think of a PF who is just better than Amare. There are players who ca.equate to him (Bosh, Griffen, sometimes Boozer). But better than Amare ehhh idk.

a garbage bag full of potatoes can play better defense then Renaissance man, at least it can make contact with the opposing side instead of running away like he does.

Im not going to brag or something that I called this early on, but just to let any of the Lin bandwagon buffoons have there say if they wish in this thread.