Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everyone needs to see this

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I'm a booty man, but that ass is flat and boney...did you guys just get out of prison or been really deprived?

Veteran

Thumbs up Great Post of the #1 Knicks problem

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Menwhile, Jorts is developing bad habits by playing like a wing player instead of a post player. SMH

Is anyone else seeing this crap!

A'ight! this is one of the biggest flaws I been mentioning since Day 1 of Dantoni.
    u can not let rookies "Gallo, TD, Fields, and Jorts" just shoot 3-balls whenever
    they feel like it. The more I see the Knicks do this the more I am confidant
    there is no offensive-plan on the court.
    When rookies are allowed to shoot 3-balls anytime they want to get in good
    favors with the headcoach....take one guess what that does to veteran
    players on the same roster? do u actually want see Tyson Chandler shoot
    a 3-ball?

And peeps kept wondering why I titled Dantoni as a "Celebrity Headcoach"
    who got his success from Phoenix Suns headcoach Johnson who took certain
    Phoenix players "Marbury, J.Johnson, Marion, Stat, Chambers" to 6 games vs
    the championship Spurs.

It was well known in the NBA that the career of Marbury selfishness at the
    end of a game made "all" Marbury previous teammates improve their "team-
    chemistry" with their teammates to become a better TEAM.
    There was no reason to DNP a $21M Marbury for 82 games of the season...

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Lol, Knicks#7 got to it before me.

35 3-PT attempts. Thirty five. It's like....some members of the forum don't even watch the games. That loss to the Raptors was clearly MDA's fault on many different levels.

At what point was enough, enough, from behind the line? They shot 10 or 11 3s in the first Q...that's an entire half for most teams.

Ok, yea, Toney may have flubbed the final play (I'm still not sure why Melo had free reign to ask "do you want a 2 or a 3?" the play should dictate that, but I digress) but there was another 47 mins and 49.3 secs to that game. Where was MDA then? When Melo ISO'd 9 times in a row, ummm, helllllllllllllllllo, coach....call a TO and straighten **** out.

But do the players even listen?

This goes beyond whether his system fits or not.

We need a coach who's respected, influential, and competent.

His system........lol. Like That's the prevalent issue here. Not the fact he said about STAT's 3-PT shots "they're ok as long as they go in".....dude, what? I don't even....but....aren't ALL 3-pointers good if they....so, you're........we're ****ed.
    You guys wanted to blame D'Antoni for the last play, which Berman was clearly trying to get fans to do. You fell for it. I corrected you. No need to go all ape over being wrong.

Now this thread is suddenly about the 35 3-pointers. Fine, that is obviously not the style of basketball that wins games. I agree. It's messed up. That's on the coach for not stopping it and telling the players to drive to the rim. He told them last year to stop jacking 3's, particularly Gallo, and it worked. I don't know why he hasn't done it yet this season.

I apologize for being an objective poster. SMH. The hive mentality on this forum is getting out of hand.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Jan 04, 2012 at 09:04.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Wait, Douglas messes up the inbounds play and it's D'Antoni's fault? Douglas apologized to his teammates today for screwing up the play. I'm fine with calling out D'Antoni but you guys take it to another level. Sheesh. Should we blame the economy on D'Antoni too? What about the violence in the Middle East. It must be D'Antoni's fault.

When are u going to stop with the BULL****T of justifying Dantoni flaws?
    After the 1-9 start, DNP entire roster, and no 2010 star FA wanna be a
    Knicks without a $100M contract....Mark Jackson & Patrick Ewing couldve
    drawed 2 star 2010 FA for a much cheaper price.

I Bashed Isiah Day 1....u justified Isiah.
    I Bashed Larry Brown Day 1....u justified Larry Brown.
    I Bashed Walsh Day 1....u justified Walsh.
    I Bashed Dantoni from Day 1....and u are still justifying all Dantoni's 101 flaws
    as a NBA coach. Dantoni is a "Euro-League-Coach" who has a lot to learn
    about being a NBA regular season headcoach. Cleveland strategic headcoach
    Byron Scott swept Dantoni 4-0 in the regular season last year.
    What part of "BUM" dont u understand about Dantoni???

what if melo makes the 3? and sends the game into overtime?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

When are u going to stop with the BULL****T of justifying Dantoni flaws?
    After the 1-9 start, DNP entire roster, and no 2010 star FA wanna be a
    Knicks without a $100M contract....Mark Jackson & Patrick Ewing couldve
    drawed 2 star 2010 FA for a much cheaper price.

I Bashed Isiah Day 1....u justified Isiah.
    I Bashed Larry Brown Day 1....u justified Larry Brown.
    I Bashed Walsh Day 1....u justified Walsh.
    I Bashed Dantoni from Day 1....and u are still justifying all Dantoni's 101 flaws
    as a NBA coach. Dantoni is a "Euro-League-Coach" who has a lot to learn
    about being a NBA regular season headcoach. Cleveland strategic headcoach
    Byron Scott swept Dantoni 4-0 in the regular season last year.
    What part of "BUM" dont u understand about Dantoni???
    Learn to read, idiot. I said I want D'Antoni gone. I never justified Isiah or Larry Brown you stupid f*cking liar.

Wow. You guys are ridiculous. Goddamn.

Fine. Douglas clearly messing up the final play was D'Antoni's fault. Through telekinesis, D'Antoni should have mind-controlled Douglas and made him cut on the inbounds. There. Are you all satisfied now? Jesus Christ. You f*cking people are hopeless.

On a side note here, is it so bad to have justified Walsh? I think most agree he did a pretty good job. Also, perhaps I'm wrong but pretty sure Cleve didn't get season sweep, not that this is much more acceptable, but I was pretty sure we took the last game from them

Default Lengthy post alert... No ass pics though :-(

Alan Hahn reported today that it was Douglas' mistake as he did not cut on the inbounds. Douglas messed up the cut and Melo had to freelance. Melo did not want to throw his teammate under the bus when addressing the media. Toney Douglas apologized to his teammates today.

You guys are too funny. No matter what goes wrong with the Knicks, it will always be D'Antoni's fault. Look, I don't want D'Antoni here either because the roster built by Dolan does not work with D'Antoni's system. I don't expect D'Antoni to change his system because I can't think of a single coach that has changed their system. And I would not be surprised if D'Antoni doesn't want to be here anymore as he sees the writing on the wall too. We need a Larry Brown type coach here now to get the best out of this roster.

But for f#ck's sake, I swear, D'Antoni could find the cure for cancer and you guys would hate him for it. Just be reasonable is all I ask. It's ok to occasionally blame the players. You give them all the credit for the wins, they can certainly share some of the blame for the losses.
    Ok so you've proven that TD messed up by not cutting on the inbounds but the ball was still going to Melo either way for what ever shot he wanted to take. The point people are trying to make is that it essentially wasn't a play at all. Nothing deceptive about it, nothing elaborate or creative. Either way it was going to result in an ISO... no different from the entire game. With that said, yes I blame MOA.

If Melo hit the shot then fine but that still wouldn't erase the fact that it wasn't anything more than an ISO.

I swear I remember JVG and Riley with their clipboards getting the attention of everyone drawing up plays. They even had decoy plays just in case the defense decided to overload on a certain guy. I remember multiple substitutions to counter offense/defense late in games. Those NYK/MIA NYK/IND NYK/CHI was like a chess match between coaches. I'm aware that every coach isn't that good but Dantoni doesn't even give a portion of it. He has one way and that's it. Either the team is hot or not... very basic.

Also, I don't put 100% blame on MOA for everything. I have always disliked the way Amare utilizes his skills. He's a beast in the paint yet he settles for jumpers too much and won't develop a back to the basket game. The reason he turns the ball over alot is becasue he can't see the court with his head down barreling to the basket. A post move would allow him better vision for guys doubling down.

Veteran

Ok so you've proven that TD messed up by not cutting on the inbounds but the ball was still going to Melo either way for what ever shot he wanted to take. The point people are trying to make is that it essentially wasn't a play at all. Nothing deceptive about it, nothing elaborate or creative. Either way it was going to result in an ISO... no different from the entire game. With that said, yes I blame MOA.

If Melo hit the shot then fine but that still wouldn't erase the fact that it wasn't anything more than an ISO.

I swear I remember JVG and Riley with their clipboards getting the attention of everyone drawing up plays. They even had decoy plays just in case the defense decided to overload on a certain guy. I remember multiple substitutions to counter offense/defense late in games. Those NYK/MIA NYK/IND NYK/CHI was like a chess match between coaches. I'm aware that every coach isn't that good but Dantoni doesn't even give a portion of it. He has one way and that's it. Either the team is hot or not... very basic.

Also, I don't put 100% blame on MOA for everything. I have always disliked the way Amare utilizes his skills. He's a beast in the paint yet he settles for jumpers too much and won't develop a back to the basket game. The reason he turns the ball over alot is becasue he can't see the court with his head down barreling to the basket. A post move would allow him better vision for guys doubling down.
    Great Point.
    JVG was one of our worst offensive minded coaches, but u cearly seen the
    plays written for Starks or Houston running around a screen set by Oakley or
    Ewing to Starks or Houston favorite shooting-spots. u dont see that from
    Dantoni, who couldnt write up one of Carmelo's favorite plays he used in
    Denver for years. Stat dealing with Dantoni the majority of his career has not
    came up with one "back to the basket move", which is a RED-FLAG of Dantoni
    coaching Tyson Chandler who did pickup a few of his ex-teammate Eddy Curry's
    low post-up moves with his back to the basket.

Amare needs to attend The Dream's big man camp to expand his game. We see what it did for D12.

Playing like he does is just asking for an injury.

Veteran

Cool

Learn to read, idiot. I said I want D'Antoni gone. I never justified Isiah or Larry Brown you stupid f*cking liar.

Wow. You guys are ridiculous. Goddamn.

Fine. Douglas clearly messing up the final play was D'Antoni's fault. Through telekinesis, D'Antoni should have mind-controlled Douglas and made him cut on the inbounds. There. Are you all satisfied now? Jesus Christ. You f*cking people are hopeless.

are u upset with Kiyaman....calling for Jesus Christ. WOW!
    u are to emotional for me....to

I can move on from this pathetic performance, in which BTW we almost came back to win. My thing is Dantoni needs to watch the better NBA teams and see how they move the ball around and make adjustments during the game. Become NBA educated, phony...as much as the heat coach was on the hot seat last year, dantoni wouldn't had survived a year there. Why is he still here?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    are u upset with Kiyaman....calling for Jesus Christ. WOW!
    u are to emotional for me....to
    "too" emotional. jesus christ, your grammar!

Originally Posted by petescud
    I can move on from this pathetic performance, in which BTW we almost came back to win. My thing is Dantoni needs to watch the better NBA teams and see how they move the ball around and make adjustments during the game. Become NBA educated, phony...as much as the heat coach was on the hot seat last year, dantoni wouldn't had survived a year there. Why is he still here?
    It's scary though to lose against the Raptors, I've watched plenty of teams so far, they are definitely one of the worst in the league! Depressing to lose against these scrubs at home...

Superstar

Howard Beck of the New York Times recently wrote an article which suggests that he has been talking to Crazy8s and LJ4ptplay. (One of he reasons I call myself "Oldtimer" is that I do not know how to link the article to a post.)

In any event, Beck's point was that as the result, particularly, of the Melo transaction we are essentially full cap invested in our front court. He suggests that Dolan, contrary to Walsh's advice, gutted the team for Melo when Denver was not in as strong a position as Dolan apparently imagined. As a result we have no depth whatsoever beyond the three stars in our front line. We have no assets for trades, no first round picks in 2012 and 2014 and no cap relief for free agents until the Melo and Amare' contracts expire.

I hope that Baron Davis can come close to the best of his past and that Shumpert proves to be the steal of the draft. We are otherwise very thin indeed and without much on the horizon.

On another subject, I have never been a fan of D'Antoni, but his "system" has worked with particular type teams. One feature of the type is a team with a Nash quality point guard. Another is an avoidance of isolation plays.

I am in agreement with both Crazy8s and LJ4ptplay that we do not now have a team that can work in a D'Antoni sysem. I do not think D'Antoni can or will change. I get the impression that he is not too happy and I wonder whether he has control of the team. I think he and the team know that this is at best a lame duck year for him.

In one of the recent games I saw Chandler and Douglas in an intense time-out conversation which I trust had something to do with the game. D'Antoni was right next to them -- right in the middle -- but gazing off somewhere. He was not in the conversation.