It's either STAT or our Coach.. someone has to go

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Im not going to bother posting my source because you all hate him, even though he's right ALOT :teeth:

But reports today are that the Knicks are trying to deal Amare, talked to several teams over the weekend but the two obvious stoppers are
His contract
and his health

Once again If it happens, it happens
If not, who gives a Sh*t :thumbsup:

iSaYughh

Starter
Im not going to bother posting my source because you all hate him, even though he's right ALOT :teeth:

But reports today are that the Knicks are trying to deal Amare, talked to several teams over the weekend but the two obvious stoppers are
His contract
and his health

Once again If it happens, it happens
If not, who gives a Sh*t :thumbsup:

How about STAT for Gallo and the rights to Chandler. :vert:

I'll be stunned if Amare is traded. Happy, but stunned. I don't see it happening as we'll just get too few cents to the dollar...It would take an ideal situation for a team is somehow open to taking his knees and contract in the first place; and somehow the coins they give us for our dollar bill fit our team just right, and save us cap space in the process.

Was joking about the trade I mentioned....But I would legit consider living at my office for a year, and taking my saved rent $ to get premium season tickets if that went down.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You guys don't seriously think STAT is going anywhere, do you?

I don't know why this whole "TRADE STAT" thing is such a big deal. When STAT had a half-decent PG feeding him (no homo) last year he went off for 15 30-point games in a row (or something like that) and this entire board was riding his jock and talking about how swapping out Stoudemire for David Lee was a gargantuan improvement that we should've seen coming. There was talk about STAT for MVP, STAT possibly being the greatest Knick of all time...

And now you all think we need to trade him when we're less than ten games into the season? Come on now.

iSaYughh

Starter
The teams mentioned who are considering the risk are
Houston and...
..Golden State :teeth:

Lol. Outside of a STAT for Lee trade, which would make the universe explode with irony...I don't see how GSW is even theoretically plausible.

No way GSW would be dumb enough to trade Curry.

No way we would be dumb enough to take on Ellis.

Houston always seems to be in the hunt in weird, crazy trades.

Just no way this is true, though. No team would ever let any legitimate leaks on them trading a max player like Amare, unless they were 99% sure they were going to be trading him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There is no way STAT is going anywhere. He brought the Knicks back to respectability and if the Knicks were to trade him you can bet that no player would ever sign here ever again. Trading the player who was the ONLY superstar that gave you a chance? When LeBron hung you out to dry?

It's not going to happen. STAT isn't going anywhere. David Stern would veto it for basketball reasons.

iSaYughh

Starter
You guys don't seriously think STAT is going anywhere, do you?

I don't know why this whole "TRADE STAT" thing is such a big deal. When STAT had a half-decent PG feeding him (no homo) last year he went off for 15 30-point games in a row (or something like that) and this entire board was riding his jock and talking about how swapping out Stoudemire for David Lee was a gargantuan improvement that we should've seen coming. There was talk about STAT for MVP, STAT possibly being the greatest Knick of all time...

And now you all think we need to trade him when we're less than ten games into the season? Come on now.

I agree, STAT *will not* be traded. For a variety of reasons, including ones you mentioned.

But a big one is that no team is really dying to take on STAT...Not at his age, his contract -- uninsured knees included -- and his defense and rebounding consistency.

STAT will get better than the .400 fg% STAT we've seen to date, though so I'm not itching to panic on the guy.

I'm bullish our season will continue to turn around, and much like last year, we will meet and exceed the expectations of many people.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, think about it. STAT is better at creating his own shot than people gave him credit for. I still remember when some haters thought that he would be absolutely nothing in NY because he no longer had Nash running plays for him. Obviously that was proven as garbage because of how he played in NY during his first year here. He made Raymond Felton a borderline all-star (and honestly the only thing that stopped that was Felton's terrible shot selection).

But on the flip side - how many PFs do you know in the league who exclusively create their own opportunities on offense? STAT is a great player but let's not kid ourselves - there aren't many (and in fact I don't think there ARE any) PFs in this league who can successfully create their own shots from 20 ft away from the basket. The fact that that's ALL STAT COULD DO for the first 5 or so games before we put Iman in is pretty sad, but you can't blame STAT for his shortcomings on offense entirely. He's simply not a player who can create opportunities for himself all the time.

That being said, he can do it on occasion. A mid-range jumper is no good if it's seriously the ONLY move in your arsenal but all of STAT's other moves were unusable because TD could only get him the ball on the perimeter.

It also needs to be said that STAT has been rebounding really well as of the last few games. I think he does better because he has Tyson Chandler to hold him accountable for playing defense. He's played better defense too - he's actually sticking hands in people's faces.