Bobcats are a playoff team.

KingCharles34

All Star
They had and still have plenty of potential, as soon as they get rid of Jordan they'll be a much better team.

Lets not act like the Larry Brown curse aint still in effect for them. If it wasnt for his curse they'd a been a playoff team. I've never been any more positive then I am of the fact that they will win 45+ games next year

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
They had and still have plenty of potential, as soon as they get rid of Jordan they'll be a much better team.

Lets not act like the Larry Brown curse aint still in effect for them. If it wasnt for his curse they'd a been a playoff team. I've never been any more positive then I am of the fact that they will win 45+ games next year
bookmarked and primed for the same bump next season :thumbsup:

iSaYughh

Starter
I must agree w/ Starbury -- also, Metro's prediction turned out dead wrong....but I actually don't think it was a dumb prediction. Bobcats were likely underrated from a certain talent standpoint -- actually, judging by people's reactions, they definitely were.

When Metro mentioned "psychology", this is what he was getting at -- the Bobcats have major issues, that you can't calculate or fathom just by looking at their parts.

Same goes for the Wiz --they aren't traditionally "horrible". A legit coach, legit management, and couple tweaks and they are a dynamic playoff team. Same goes for the Cats, IMO.

If Bobcats make playoffs, Metro would be hailed as a genius and a basketball Nostradamus.

I also don't think he actually would have made a bet (at even money) that they would have made the playoffs. I think it's pretty obvious he just thought they were an undervalued team, and had a legit shot off that undervalued talent to make the playoffs at a % of likelihood above what most people think.

This really isn't even worth discussing in this great detail, but it's a fun topic for me, re: sports betting, and perception of teams.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
he thinks the bobcats have psychological issues which is why they only won 7 games rather than their team sucking ass

Thanks! That's what I meant.

Maybe 14, maybe 10, I just thought if they could ever beat the Knicks, they shouldn't have sucked like that. Something is wrong with their mental status and coaching/management system.

Thanks! That's what I meant.

Maybe 14, maybe 10, I just thought if they could ever beat the Knicks, they shouldn't have sucked like that. Something is wrong with their mental status and coaching/management system.

Their roster is just terrible. It's a D-League roster.

Of course chemistry gets ruined when you lose, but it's not like they're a decent team that underperforms. They're just horrible in terms of talent and experience.

And beating the early-season Knicks doesn't mean anything, we actually were one of the league's 8 or 10 worst teams at that time. We played like shit, let's be real.

We only got better when Linsanity started and Woodson took over.

metrocard

Legend
I must agree w/ Starbury -- also, Metro's prediction turned out dead wrong....but I actually don't think it was a dumb prediction. Bobcats were likely underrated from a certain talent standpoint -- actually, judging by people's reactions, they definitely were.

When Metro mentioned "psychology", this is what he was getting at -- the Bobcats have major issues, that you can't calculate or fathom just by looking at their parts.

Same goes for the Wiz --they aren't traditionally "horrible". A legit coach, legit management, and couple tweaks and they are a dynamic playoff team. Same goes for the Cats, IMO.

If Bobcats make playoffs, Metro would be hailed as a genius and a basketball Nostradamus.

I also don't think he actually would have made a bet (at even money) that they would have made the playoffs. I think it's pretty obvious he just thought they were an undervalued team, and had a legit shot off that undervalued talent to make the playoffs at a % of likelihood above what most people think.

This really isn't even worth discussing in this great detail, but it's a fun topic for me, re: sports betting, and perception of teams.

Well said.

Its comical how people with no credibility try to slander me because in the past I took a mental shit on their thoughts, especially of my history of bold predictions that came to be true since 2006. Anyway, shouldn't be taken seriously.

Walker and Biyombo are some of my favorite young players in the NBA and they will very good players 2-3 years from now, Walker as a 19 and 7 Damon Stoudimire type and Biyombo as a Ben Wallace type center.

They obviously need a lot of help at the 2-3-4. Henderson can only score from a mid range jumpshot, his handles are poor and 3pt shoot isn't good, Derrck Brown isn't a NBA starter and since Diaw left, Tyrus Thomas will never be the answer at the 4, great athlete...not a basketball player.

You can't under-mind good basketball players on bad teams.

Walker, Biyombo, Wall, Vesley, Cousins, Evans, Garcia, Vazquez, Ayon, Brooks, Lopez, guys on the T'Wolves like Peko, Greg Monroe

These guys are really good, more than you believe. Not to that level where they can elevate a team into playoff status like LeBron, but certainly can contribute to a high level.

At this time, Bobcats beat the Knicks and I was very disappointed with the Knicks because Melo and Amare didn't show up at all and were a terrible representation of our franchise at the moment.

But like I said, people with no credibility will seek for some way to slander. Haters are gonna hate.

Me?

I am a Bobcats fan, hold that.

Walker
Davis
Bismack

= Great future, add a productive wing player to that squad and a veteran bench, and bam you got a playoff.

I will forever represent the Bobcats and this thread will not die till they win a championship, so no need to bookmark this, it will be up and certainly be more of a quality thread than any of these haters can put up with their shitty post and poorly thought out assessments on the NBA.

metrocard, out.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Well said.

Its comical how people with no credibility try to slander me because in the past I took a mental shit on their thoughts, especially of my history of bold predictions that came to be true since 2006. Anyway, shouldn't be taken seriously.

Walker and Biyombo are some of my favorite young players in the NBA and they will very good players 2-3 years from now, Walker as a 19 and 7 Damon Stoudimire type and Biyombo as a Ben Wallace type center.

They obviously need a lot of help at the 2-3-4. Henderson can only score from a mid range jumpshot, his handles are poor and 3pt shoot isn't good, Derrck Brown isn't a NBA starter and since Diaw left, Tyrus Thomas will never be the answer at the 4, great athlete...not a basketball player.

You can't under-mind good basketball players on bad teams.

Walker, Biyombo, Wall, Vesley, Cousins, Evans, Garcia, Vazquez, Ayon, Brooks, Lopez, guys on the T'Wolves like Peko, Greg Monroe

These guys are really good, more than you believe. Not to that level where they can elevate a team into playoff status like LeBron, but certainly can contribute to a high level.

At this time, Bobcats beat the Knicks and I was very disappointed with the Knicks because Melo and Amare didn't show up at all and were a terrible representation of our franchise at the moment.

But like I said, people with no credibility will seek for some way to slander. Haters are gonna hate.

Me?

I am a Bobcats fan, hold that.

Walker
Davis
Bismack

= Great future, add a productive wing player to that squad and a veteran bench, and bam you got a playoff.

I will forever represent the Bobcats and this thread will not die till they win a championship, so no need to bookmark this, it will be up and certainly be more of a quality thread than any of these haters can put up with their shitty post and poorly thought out assessments on the NBA.

metrocard, out.

Dude, they're currently the worst team in history lol.

Paul1355

All Star
Boris Diaw > Amare Stoudimire : can play 3 positions, defend, shoot, pass, has high IQ, a cool name.

DJ Augustin and Kemba Walker - underrated young talented guards that can pass shoot and are play makers.

Henderson - underrated player.

Bismack Biyombo - Ben Wallace meets Shawn Kemp...watch out for this kid.

Tyrus Thomas/DJ White young big men who can play on both sides.

BJ Mullens, can't miss shots 7"1 tall.

Corey Maggette, black hole but can get buckets.

Bobcats are legit. They 2 - 4 now, but bump this thread when they make the playoffs.

Don't feel bad about todays loss.

hahahahha they are only a playoff team when they face a Mike Dantoni team

metrocard

Legend
e8v13a.jpg