Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs.

Tank for a top 5 pick or get embarrassed in the playoffs?

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs. We can't beat CHI or MIA or even CHA. We have a top 5 protected lottery pick. Get the pick and go into 12-13' stronger with a franchise potential player.

We gave up enough prospects in the Melo deal, killed our cap with over signing Amare and Chandler.

knicksin60

Starter
That would be a nightmare for James Dolan since all the season ticket holders that paid thousands of dollars to pay for the contracts of these superstars would demand refunds.But if this play continues the Knicks will definitely be a top 5 lottery team as embrrassing as that sounds.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think they should have Amare fake an injury and sit out the rest of the year. It'd save some wear and tear for him, and it'd help us get that top 5 pick. Maybe about half way through the year Carmelo can fake an injury too. Let the tanking begin

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Antoni sucks. The Knicks don't need to tank. Antoni will sink this ship on his own.

KBlack25

Starter
Is it top 5 or top 1 protected?

Either the swap with Houston last year that never mattered or the pick this year was only top 1 protected...

iSaYughh

Starter
In theory we'd always do this till we legit are ready to contend with the very best; that would hold true for every nba franchise, truthfully, if getting absolute best chance of chipping it up and taking it down in the finals is the goal.

Too early, tho, to desire this, IMHO. A healthy Baron, and slotting Shump in as our starting SG with Douglas and Fields backing up could revolutionize the team. Plus, it is impossible to think we aren't see this team at its worst, especially following the lockout.

I'm going down with the ship this season, if need be.

Prediction barring major injury or change: we enter playoffs as a dangerous playoff team, and engage in a war to breach into the NBA finals.

Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs. We can't beat CHI or MIA or even CHA. We have a top 5 protected lottery pick. Get the pick and go into 12-13' stronger with a franchise potential player.

We gave up enough prospects in the Melo deal, killed our cap with over signing Amare and Chandler.

Would be nice if we had a pick at all next year...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
smh..

this type of f-ed logic always irks me.

always makes sense to get in the dance. could make the finals. could win it. you never know. you always play to win. only time you even think about tanking is when you have an amply sh*tty team, one you know may not even win double digit games n for sure wont make the playoffs, a team like San Antonio on some pre Duncan era type ish.

this team is clearly built to make the post season and maybe make a lil run. all due respect but ....pls stop.

KingofNy

Starter
Antoni sucks. The Knicks don't need to tank. Antoni will sink this ship on his own.

I agree 100%. This team's in Dolan's hands now. He has to know Antoni's garbage. Money talks in NYC and if people aren't going to the games, he'll lose money and his hand will be forced to fire D'Antoni. We can only hope.

KingofNy

Starter
I still say you guys should wait for a healthy Davis and Shump to see how this team does before giving up hope

It's not the players, it's the coach and the system. For the last two years I told you guys Antoni could have 5 top-notch all-stars and he'd still find a way to break them. He's garbage. This team is going nowhere but down. Get ready to get blown away by the awesome Washington Wizards...lol

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
It's not the players, it's the coach and the system. For the last two years I told you guys Antoni could have 5 top-notch all-stars and he'd still find a way to break them. He's garbage. This team is going nowhere but down. Get ready to get blown away by the awesome Washington Wizards...lol

Do you realize that every game this season including the blowout win in Sacramento we at one time trailed by at least 10 points. We trailed by 15+ or more in 4 of 6 games. ugh.

I agree he's terrible he's been exposed since he doesn't have a HOF pg in Steve Nash to make him look good, but I still think the Knicks are gonna play better after a few games and when Davis gets healthy even if he's not 07 B-Diddy if he plays like he did on the Cavs I'd be satisfied.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol I was just about to say wait a minute....are the Knicks even a playoff team?

I'm calling it now. Knicks will win 35 games, unless Antoni gets put in a Krasdale Bag.
krasdale-large-trash-bags-ties-30-gallon-38701.jpg