Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs.

Tank for a top 5 pick or get embarrassed in the playoffs?

• Total voters

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol, not a bad idea actually in a vacuum, and if we were assured we'd snag a top5 lotto selection.

But I believe this team is definitely able to be a contender still.

#1 offense and a top #10'ish defense are very attainable, IMHO, with the players we have and the MLE moving forward.

What must happen:

*Amare returns to his vintage form
*Fields, Douglas, and Shumpert can play the game in the roles best suited for them, and that maximizes their abilities
*Amare and Melo being able to co-exist, which I'll define as each of them being able to exert the power of their respective games in efficient ways

I'd also try to trade for Mayo right away, and make him our starting SG. Fields and a 2nd rounder. Throw in Douglas, too, if that's what it takes.

Wargames

Starter
is it true the knicks are one lost from being in top 5 Pick range...... also wouldn't it be the most shameful example in current Basketball history if the knicks do it and get like a top 6 or 8 or some crap to give to the rockets..... :barf:

pakopako

Benchwarmer
is it true the knicks are one lost from being in top 5 Pick range...... also wouldn't it be the most shameful example in current Basketball history if the knicks do it and get like a top 6 or 8 or some crap to give to the rockets...
You mean again? (Or was that the Jazz? Or was that the Nuggets? Or was that...)

Wargames

Starter
You mean again? (Or was that the Jazz? Or was that the Nuggets? Or was that...)

Oh I know we've done it before but after hearing that the "The Knicks Are Back" I thought we were done giving teams players of the quality of Alderidge and Noah.

Shameball history could be made if the knicks end up being in the lottery with Stat & Melo and they then have to give the Rockets a top 10 pick for a salary dump move.