View Poll Results: Tank for a top 5 pick or get embarrassed in the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 5 Pick

11 68.75%
  • Embarrassment

5 31.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    How about your team gives us Mike Brown and we'll give you D'antoni?
    Even though I didn't like LA signing Mike Brown he's got the Lakers playing pretty well I like the Knicks too but not at the expense of the Lakers lol **** Mike D'antoni

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    It's not the players, it's the coach and the system. For the last two years I told you guys Antoni could have 5 top-notch all-stars and he'd still find a way to break them. He's garbage. This team is going nowhere but down. Get ready to get blown away by the awesome Washington Wizards...lol

Do you realize that every game this season including the blowout win in Sacramento we at one time trailed by at least 10 points. We trailed by 15+ or more in 4 of 6 games. ugh.
    I agree he's terrible he's been exposed since he doesn't have a HOF pg in Steve Nash to make him look good, but I still think the Knicks are gonna play better after a few games and when Davis gets healthy even if he's not 07 B-Diddy if he plays like he did on the Cavs I'd be satisfied.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    lol I was just about to say wait a minute....are the Knicks even a playoff team?
    I'm calling it now. Knicks will win 35 games, unless Antoni gets put in a Krasdale Bag.

We're an embarrassment either way... Rather not have a team with Melo and Amare be in contention for a top 5 pick tho :/

Originally Posted by abcd
    I'm calling it now. Knicks will win 35 games, unless Antoni gets put in a Krasdale Bag.
    For a record of 35-31? That's playoff bound for sure.

I'm calling it now... With Antoni we don't win more than 23 games MAX. Without him, sky's the limit.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I'm calling it now... With Antoni we don't win more than 23 games MAX. Without him, sky's the limit.
    I will take the over on that 7 days out of the week.

I'd take the over on ABCD's number 7 days outta the week, as well, in comparison to that.

We had a solid, successful season last year; parlayed our players' success into trading for Melo, and are now a few games into a shortened season as new players gel and we wait for major reinforcement.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    this type of f-ed logic always irks me.

always makes sense to get in the dance. could make the finals. could win it. you never know. you always play to win. only time you even think about tanking is when you have an amply sh*tty team, one you know may not even win double digit games n for sure wont make the playoffs, a team like San Antonio on some pre Duncan era type ish.

this team is clearly built to make the post season and maybe make a lil run. all due respect but ....pls stop.

I don't honestly see why people are flipping the panic switch and rioting against this team -- besides the fact that the zeitgeist of "MDA sucks, MDA must go, we will never win with MDA" has been building inexorably, and everyone is anxious to see us finally be and look like a complete team.

Unfortunately, with the worst backcourt in the NBA, and not a single legitimate NBA point guard on our team right now, that is impossible, until we get a point guard and/or the juggernaut portion of our team figures their **** out...and MDA is indeed in charge of that happening, and his success/fail will depend on how it all plays out...over the course of this yr.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    I will take the over on that 7 days out of the week.

I'd take the over on ABCD's number 7 days outta the week, as well, in comparison to that.

We had a solid, successful season last year; parlayed our players' success into trading for Melo, and are now a few games into a shortened season as new players gel and we wait for major reinforcement.
    I'm with you there!

Don't want MD on board anymore, though.

Baron Davis isn't the answer to this team's performing grief.

We have a pick?

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    We're an embarrassment either way... Rather not have a team with Melo and Amare be in contention for a top 5 pick tho :/
    I agree but Stat could easily fake another knee injury. Nobody would question it

Then they could just start making sh*t up like Douglas reinjured his shoulder, Fields is playing with a broken toe...Melo's playing through elbow pain.

Dolan should make Antoni instigate a fight with Baron so that once hes healthy they can buy him out. We wouldnt want him back. And after the season fire Antoni

Only team in our division worst then us today is the Nets....what a waste of talent. Too bad we don't have a real leader on this team that says to the other guys "F$%^ Dantoni, lets play this way and win some games...Maybe Baron is that guy. From what i remember, no he isn't either. Maybe put STAT or Melo as the 6th man...lol

Originally Posted by petescud
    Only team in our division worst then us today is the Nets....what a waste of talent. Too bad we don't have a real leader on this team that says to the other guys "F$%^ Dantoni, lets play this way and win some games...Maybe Baron is that guy. From what i remember, no he isn't either. Maybe put STAT or Melo as the 6th man...lol
    The Nets played without Brook, Humphries, AND Deron Williams. ALSO they were up a point in the first half.

The Knicks were that bad.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Doesn't make sense to get in the dance when this team can't dance.

We mad TWO major moves that were hyped up to be the moves that would make the Knicks elite.

This isn't premature. **** your hope. The problems these Knicks are having are the same ****ing problems we had with Crawford Randolph and Curry as our core.

Defense and turnovers. We're built to lose.

Time to destroy and rebuild. When Tyson Chandler, a role player is associated with apart of a "Big 3" you know your ultimate plan failed.

Veteran

Dude seriously we suck major ass. At least when the Nets lost they lost to the Celtics. We lost to the freaking Bobcats...