View Poll Results: Tank for a top 5 pick or get embarrassed in the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 5 Pick

11 68.75%
  • Embarrassment

5 31.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs.

you guys are right...my apologies. I still can't believe we got manhandled so far from the Bobcats, Raptors, Warriors and Lakers minus Bynum and an ailing Kobe. we are in trouble

What I've been saying for weeks, accept 2-3 bad seasons record wise, trade everybody on a big contract and rebuild through the Draft.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

BUMP...I don't care what anyone says. This team isn't built for winning.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    BUMP...I don't care what anyone says. This team isn't built for winning.
    I think if we had a coach that runs plays and has a system other than stand around and pass the ball until someone's open, then our current team has the talent to flourish. Before the season we were contenders, that is until MDA got his hands on our talent and BROKE IT as ALWAYS! We need a new coach NOW!

It shouldn't take long as people are going to stop paying those high ticket prices to see this horribly coached squad.

I agree with the OP of this thread.This team isn't built to compete in the D-League. It's laughable how the Knicks couldn't win a playoff game last season, end up swapping one position player for another in the offseason and because of that one move the majority of Knick fans pick them to be NBA finals favorites. For the past decade we as fans have overhyped almost every move that the Knicks have made.

The truth is that the Knicks have overpaid stars that don't compliment eachother, a coach that should have never been hired to begin with and a back court and bench that are perhaps the worst in the NBA.

Baron Davis isn't going to be the second coming of Magic Johnson.He'll probably help the Knicks win a few more games but the Knicks will continue being what they are which is a sub 500 low seeded team. The sad thing is that there are about 15 teams in the NBA right now that have a better shot of winning an NBA championship than the Knicks do.

Oklahoma are the best example of how to rebuild through the Draft.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Jeff Green (who gave them Perkins) and Nick Collison were all drafted by their front office.

It's embarrassing and annoying to see where other teams, that were in the trenches with us 5-6 years ago, are now and we're still having the same damn issues we had 10 years ago.

We could have a starting 5 of:

Nene
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Gallo
    Ariza
    Rondo

now, had we not wasted away our Draft picks.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Oklahoma are the best example of how to rebuild through the Draft.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Jeff Green (who gave them Perkins) and Nick Collison were all drafted by their front office.

It's embarrassing and annoying to see where other teams, that were in the trenches with us 5-6 years ago, are now and we're still having the same damn issues we had 10 years ago.

We could have a starting 5 of:

Nene
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Gallo
    Ariza
    Rondo

now, had we not wasted away our Draft picks.
    thats a championship team lol, we HAVE to fire our coach

Originally Posted by jrdrny
    thats a championship team lol, we HAVE to fire our coach
    Maybe not a championship team, but I think you get the point.

I'm warming up to this idea..

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs. We can't beat CHI or MIA or even CHA. We have a top 5 protected lottery pick. Get the pick and go into 12-13' stronger with a franchise potential player.

We gave up enough prospects in the Melo deal, killed our cap with over signing Amare and Chandler.

Didnt realize the pick was top 5 protected

Yet....with our luck we miss the playoffs and then we get the number 6 pick!

Good thinking, but the plan is too risky, think of Isiah's last pathetic season with us, we finished like 28-64 and that was the 6th worst record and then Chicago moves all the way up to 1 and then we get bumped to 7th

If the pick was top 10, I'd say do it

Veteran

Lol, not a bad idea actually in a vacuum, and if we were assured we'd snag a top5 lotto selection.

But I believe this team is definitely able to be a contender still.

#1 offense and a top #10'ish defense are very attainable, IMHO, with the players we have and the MLE moving forward.

What must happen:

*Amare returns to his vintage form
    *Fields, Douglas, and Shumpert can play the game in the roles best suited for them, and that maximizes their abilities
    *Amare and Melo being able to co-exist, which I'll define as each of them being able to exert the power of their respective games in efficient ways

I'd also try to trade for Mayo right away, and make him our starting SG. Fields and a 2nd rounder. Throw in Douglas, too, if that's what it takes.

is it true the knicks are one lost from being in top 5 Pick range...... also wouldn't it be the most shameful example in current Basketball history if the knicks do it and get like a top 6 or 8 or some crap to give to the rockets.....

Originally Posted by Wargames
    is it true the knicks are one lost from being in top 5 Pick range...... also wouldn't it be the most shameful example in current Basketball history if the knicks do it and get like a top 6 or 8 or some crap to give to the rockets...
    You mean again? (Or was that the Jazz? Or was that the Nuggets? Or was that...)

Originally Posted by pakopako
    You mean again? (Or was that the Jazz? Or was that the Nuggets? Or was that...)
    Oh I know we've done it before but after hearing that the "The Knicks Are Back" I thought we were done giving teams players of the quality of Alderidge and Noah.

Shameball history could be made if the knicks end up being in the lottery with Stat & Melo and they then have to give the Rockets a top 10 pick for a salary dump move.