Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kol Petition To Fire This Motherf*cker Mike F*cking 'antoni

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Reds face right now
    I just spit my drink on my keyboard

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    you're right. you know my thinking on this. i know the history.

you know i think his style of play is unorthodox. you're supposed to play inside out.

that said..

when run properly,and it takes some time MDAs offense can be highly effective
    It has been sporadically in NY.

He'll never be what he was behind his Suns roster.

Dude's just not the right coach in NY.

Who is? Who knows!?

It's not Mike - I don't think it ever was.

I've had enough of this team's offense and defense performing on a pendulum. If we're a team with STAT and Melo and Tyson that just needs a PG, then we're a good team with the wrong M.O.

I think we made the right move going after Chandler. Pursuing the piece that's been so pivotal (no pun) to success in modern basketball.

Now what we need is a game plan that accentuates our strengths in our front line - not one that divides them strategically.

Call me presumptuous, but I think you, my friend, have seen about enough of a square peg ~ round hole Knick team yourself. You're potentially just a week more patient than the rest of us.

Zen.

That's not a hint about Phil Jackson, BTW.

Speakin of pivotal pieces I really liked what I saw from Shumpert tonight. What a great physique he has, its gonna help Melo alot having Shump back. Hes another guy that can handle the ball and create for himself. Im callin it now Shumps got the ROY award on lock. This guys gonna be better then Wade

Add me to the list, i almost bet on Charlotte but felt bad betting against my team and cost me a **** load. Not caring about that now.

I would shank D'Antoni in any alley in NY.

People always forgets that D'antoni was brought here not to win. He was brought here to use his system to play exciting Basketball and keep fans engaged while the FO dismantled that teams current roster. An added positive side effect was his style of play often made roleplayers appear like starters. this would add to the knicks players dismal trade value and was brougjt up recently as a reason the Nuggets felt they couldn't get fair value. (Why did we give them our starters and Picks.... oh yeah crazy Dolan being to over eager to rape the nuggets)

As for his time on the suns his entire time there he had great rosters, with all stars, quality roleplayers (who played defense), and had decent depth overall (then add in all those players were overachieving due to the D'antoni effect). He did well in the regular season and would he outcoached in the post season. So with all the good teams (that were stacked in the guard positions),he had in Pheonix being unable to make it to a championship. How does anyone think he will accomplish it with a team with strong Front Court and only decent (at best) roleplayers/depth???.

So to summarize it could be argued that in Pheonix he underachieved based on thw fact he had his dream rosters. Now fans want to wait for him to overachieve on a team based on utilizing its front court? It defies logic. He has his PF playing like SF, and his star SF (who has the best post game for his position in the league) Playing like a SG. I know this year thier was no training camp but most of the teams out there look like playoff teams against the knicks. Opposing Bum rosters aren't being exploited. The knicks Height advantage isn't being explored (jorts looks like a solid PF but gets no time during the Bobcats game because D'antoni goes small at the PF position whenever it isn't STAT?). The knicks need a real coach who can maximize the assets already on this team. They do not need a coach who cannot adapt to a player personnel that doesn't meet his systems standards.
    Last edited by Wargames; Jan 05, 2012 at 02:50.

Add my name to that list, he has to go.

I`m so sick of this ****, night in, night out.

You've got my vote! List me too.

I'm over ranting. I'm in more of a "lost for words" space now.

There's just nothing more to say.

Count me in on this.

*The list will be updated today

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Add me to the list, i almost bet on Charlotte but felt bad betting against my team and cost me a **** load. Not caring about that now.
    This is the ultimate disrespect

You can fire D'Antoni, you can fire Woodson - the players and the owner stay the same!

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    You can fire D'Antoni, you can fire Woodson - the players and the owner stay the same!
    Dolan is horrible but the players can be traded. As long as Amare isn't injured they're are probably more than a few teams that would take him. if it is the players trade them but the team being unprepared, lethargic on both sides of the ball, and simply "sucking it up" is the coach.

Now who knows maybe this lights a fire under their butts and gives them the added incentive to win.

Count me in too!!