CALL ME CRAZY BUT...............

Mohammed: average big man or untapped Potental?

• 1- Trash with two legs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2- This guy peaked last season

• 3- He's hiding something ..... 10pts, 10reb average this season

• Total voters

ARKATECH

Rookie
Call me crazy but i think nazr is gonna have a big year. I'm kinda glad we didn't get dampier. It's posible Mohammed is an equvalent player, mabey even better than damp. If the dampier trade went through we might never get to see what this guy can do. Physicaly Nazr is 1in shorter, 15lbs lighter and 2 years younger than damp, but he is way more athletic. I've seen damp play but untill last year i haven't seen Mohammed at all really. And seeing how he was a back up center on the hawks not many of you can say you've seen him play either, let alone heard of him. He aint shaq ............. but he might be that force in the middle for all thoes non-shaq games.

check this link: http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/9703558.htm

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
yea, I feel the same way, I like Nazr.
I didnt really know much about him before the rumors of him coming to NY started brewing but once he was here he impressed me.
Dampier is a decent Center so nothing against him but there have been rumors of him coming to NY for a few seasons now and the fact that it never happened didnt sadden me this year.

Now back to Nazr, I remember this past season Nazr threw down some Nasty dunks and some really strong rebounds.... Like Nazr said he may not be the answer to Shaq but there are a total of "78 other games to be played in the regular season..." worry about the playoffs when they come i guess.
I think he will be a 12 and 9 kind of guy with about 1.8 blocks per game

Trin_Starr

Starter
I hope Nazr has a breakout season too, and with all the rigorous off season training he has been doing, he will come out strong.

If we look at Dampier's stats, in the 02-03 season he only played 24mins and averaged 8pts, 7 rebs and 2blks. Then in his contract year (03-04) he played 32mins and averaged 12pts, 12rebs and 2blks.

Nazr looks like he is on the same track. For the games he played with NYK, he played 25mins and averaged 9pts, 8 rebs and 1blk. I am sure by playing 30+ mins, it will make him a 13pt, 12 reb center.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I don't know what you guys have seen that impressed you so much about him. From what I have seen SINCE I WATCH EVERY SINGLE GAME....all Nazr could do is put people on the line...I woulda kept Doleac instead of his ass. OK ok I give you this much, he has soft hands and can catch the ball pretty well for a tall dude BUT THATS IT

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Dasilva, I dont think you looked in the paint enough... the numbers dont lie. How many times did you see Nazr foul out as a knick??
since you watched every game... you should know, I'll stay logged on to see what you say

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Ummm of course he didn't foul out that many times. Lenny always rescued his ass by pulling him out of the game and saving him for the third and fourth quarters. Come on tell me the truth, how many times have you seen him get in foul trouble first quarter and sit out the entire second. Why do you think he is not playing 30+ minutes per game??

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
we'll see this upcoming season, w/out mutumbo, & the others who have been traded...

Then i'll bump up this thread and ask you what were you drinkin' :idea: do share :idea:

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
As per the stats on NBA.com Nazr averaged 20.1 minutes per game with the Knicks this past season. I'm not saying the dude is garbage but in my eyes if you can't stay out of foul trouble and keep your ass on the court to help your team you are no good either. The dude does have potential but I haven't seen him do anything worth my respect yet. Yes, he is the best option the Knicks have at that position right now and I as a die hard Knicks fan sure pray that he will rise to the occasion and give us what we need. But still thats all hope man... game is 48 minutes long and if he can only stay on the court for 20 minutes thats not gonna cut it.

starpula

Benchwarmer
If Nazr is so awesome, how did he end up on the Hawks bench for all those years?

With that said, here's hoping he`s a late bloomer like Dampier!!!

ARKATECH

Rookie
newmove said:
His skills come with experience right? :mrgreen:
Yeah, that's a good point.

I have a feeling that he's an upper level player when given minutes. Being buried on the hawks bench stunted his development. In NY he has an opportunity to grow. Look at Macgrady, When he left carter's shadow he became a star, ;) maybe not the best comparison but you get my point. :hump:

e_D

Benchwarmer
Naz came close to 20/20 a few times last year. I think he has some upside and I think we'll see him playing well this year. He's been working out all summer with Mark Aguirre so he should come very strong in the post this season (as will Sweets :) ) Let's give ol' Naz a chance.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
any big man or woman needs to be fed the ball where he/she is most effective. I think he has potential. It's up to the coaching staff to get him involved.

e_D

Benchwarmer
nycefnl said:
any big man or woman needs to be fed the ball where he/she is most effective. I think he has potential. It's up to the coaching staff to get him involved.

True, but we have so many scorers, the coaching staff will probably place most emphasis on him for rebounding and putbacks, which he used in combination well at times last season.. Also shot blocking and altering, which he needs to drastically improve.