Will the Knicks ever have another entry in the SlamDunk cont

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Ok, im sure they will eventuallybut you think any current players will be in it this year?

The last Knick I can remember in the Dunk competition is Doug Christie, he tried looking away from the rim, kicking the ball over his head and dunking it, he lost

newmove

Rotation player
Nope, I guess it ain't a possibility for us. At least this year. Maybe in future when we'll get some high jumping rookies but not now... To my great pity.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Knicks.com come had an article on a wheelchair charity event that Ariza from the Knicks attended and they said something about him throwing down some funky dunks....so who knows.

newmove

Rotation player
Well I hope they're right about him being able to throw funky dunks... It's been a long time we had our rep on the Dunk Contest.

Do you guys even enjoy the dunk contest anymore? I used to love watching it, but it really has lost it's flair now. They never get the guys you would really want to see, and there are fewer dunks that are original and wow me. Just my 2 cents....

David

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
yea, when I heard the name "Fred Jones" or whatever his name is last year I was like oh god who is this... then he won... and I was like "wow this blows"

NoLayups

Rookie
Ariza is a canidate. I am unfamiliar with Brewer but he's supposed to be mad athletic and a good dunker. You never know. DeMarr certainly could have been a canidate too. Even TT can soar. Crawford?

We actually have tons of high flyers on the Knicks again. It's been a long while but we have some above the rim players again.

it's not inconcieveable that we can field a player to the dunk comp. soon.

I am more intrested in having reps from the knicks in the all-star game again. After years of having a knick in one part or another durring all-star weekend we fell out 2yrs ago. It'd be nice to be back.

newmove

Rotation player
All-Star rep? yes, definitely that too. I think Marbury has a chance to get his well deserved spot this year. But if we're talking about dunkers, yeah we have great guys, but they woun't compete there. Too bad for us. Hopefully Ariza will proove me wrong :)

NoLayups

Rookie
perhaps an appearance in the Rookie/Soph game too by Sweets!!!!

With TT in his contract year next season he should start practicing for the Dunk Contest himself. There is no better way to up your salary potential than winning there. Not that he's underpaid :roll:

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, it's the way to develop, to build, I see.

A lil offtopic, but.. Do you think Bessy's gonna be there? I mean Rooks/Sopho's... My friend saw him play and says he's quick as Nick-the-Quick at his best but he can't shoot. If it's so then he's gonna be down cuz he's short and he is not a high flyer.