Aside from all the Negativity, Shumpert AKA Wade 2.0 played good last night

What will Shumpert average in his prime?

• 20/5/5

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • 25/5/5

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 30/5/5

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A Triple Double

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Fields is a bum. I cant even put his name in the same sentence as Shumperts. All these other players are bums, Shump is already an all star type player. Somehow we managed to get MVP type talent with him, that was his first game back after missing some time and he didnt even have his legs...still managed to drop 18 points in 30 minutes while gettin some rebounds and assists.

Knicks-Iman-Shumpert-1-e1325708763774.jpg

quiggle

Starter
he reminds me of Nate Robinson right now, brings a lot of energy but seems a little reckless and forces the issue, but give it time he'll make for a fine trade piece if he can keep his aggressivess in check

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Why were people so down on his shooting pre draft. The experts don't know shit, they know just as much as me and you. He will be a solid player until Dantoni trades him for Barbosa lmao

iSaYughh

Starter
+1

Shumpert must start.

Fields must be a backup, situational 2 (and occasional 3).

Douglas must be our primary combo guard off the bench.

The Baron must come back healthy.

All will be well.

Truthfully, Amare will not get his shit together when he is playing alongside Melo and to a lesser extent Chandler, too....If he doesn't have a legitimate NBA PG setting pace, and creating the motion he needs to be the ruthlessly effective Amare we know and love.

Amare is naturally having a hella tough time getting that space and motion he craves with Melo and Chandler...For diff reasons bc of them, but all the same.

Now, throw in us starting a young, raw, scoring combo guard as our Point Guard...and I'm surprised Amare isn't out there on the court wearing a Girl Scout outfit to match how sissy his game has become.

iSaYughh

Starter
Why were people so down on his shooting pre draft. The experts don't know shit, they know just as much as me and you. He will be a solid player until Dantoni trades him for Barbosa lmao

Tough to say he wasn't drafted in part bc D'antoni thought he actually could have a legit shot; and moreso, that he could at least help him become one.

Management obviously thought the same/entrusted MDA's assessment; at very least his ability to coach Shump up in this area.

There's a reason he fell so low, and that so many thought we reached even where he did get drafted. And yet we did draft him.

KingCharles34

All Star

Not even Oantoni is that dumb. Id say its much more likely they trade Shumpert for Wade next year, right when wade starts to get old and washed up. Shumps already equal to wade

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I agree with most in Shumpert makes Fields look like a JV player and I would love to see that match-up in practice BUT if you start Shump then where does our spark come from off the bench? Things would get worse if you start him cause when our starters need a breather our bench would give NOTHING.

Bibby
Fields
Walker
Jorts
Jeffries

That's not going to cut it and so MD would run his starters into the ground and injuries from last year and new ones will be a problem.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Idk if shumpert is Wade 2.0 I can compare his game to JR Smiths. His defense is far better than Smiths, and I'm hoping that outside shot is consistent so he can create space for Amare and melo.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
he reminds me of Nate Robinson right now, brings a lot of energy but seems a little reckless and forces the issue, but give it time he'll make for a fine trade piece if he can keep his aggressivess in check

you a fool diggle

n8 rob was a showpony assed attention seeker with ZERO D

Shump got D

handles

reliable range

and is strong

n8 was a novelty on a shitty assed Knick team

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
It's a shame that Fields' skill level diminished so quickly. But if we start Shumpert over Fields then Fields becomes an automatic basket case. Remember his skills started to go south when he was rumored to be a part of the trade to bring Melo here. All that attention drove him back to a D1 college player.... Now we start a new rookie over him? His little confidence that he has now will be shot and he will hold absolutely no trade value (not that he has much now).

KingCharles34

All Star
Hey im not sayin Fields aint got skills. He could be a really good role player in this league with more confidence. Hes got all this swag off the court but on the court its a different story. I can tell when he shoots a 3 if its going in, theres times where he looks confident and in rhythm. At the end of the day hes soft, hes gotta learn how to be a warrior, same with several of his teammates. Alotta players from the 90's weren't as skilled in my opinion but they busted their asses on the court.

Toons

is the Bo$$
we losin because of fields....plain n simple.when fields plays well, the knicks win. I dont know about you reactionary fans, but a whole lot of posters on this site give up on our young players and our young team too quickly. Many rookies in the game has hit the sophmore slump, eg. andre iguodala hit a major sophmore slump in his second year. In 06, chris paul and raymond felton hit a sophmore wall. Then you have players like JJ Reddick who hit his sophmore wall, and continues to work at his game and became a good back up shooter. Eric gordon also had a bad sophmore year compared to a stellar rookie showing. More recently, darren collison, derozan, johnny flynn and tyreke evans hit subpar sophmore seasons. Fields is a rookie again to me, because he is playing with a brand new cast of players, everyone has to trust each other and learn how to play together.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Last year teams didnt do scouting reports on fields, he was under the radar. now teams PREPARE for fields and they watch tape, and learn how he plays and how to make his game hard for him. As a rookie, there is little tape for teams to prepare for. for all of you who want to trade fields because of a rough start, i say, watch him in a few games. Im sure he'll get his head back into the game.

ahahahaha

I called this draft night

as a tarhell fan and a big fan of the ACC

I followed shump from the moment he touched down in G TECH baby

if you pull up and bump my Shumpert DRAFT steal thread I called the WADE 2.0 prediction and most of you laughed at me

just wanted to take this time to throw out a big "told you so" lol haha

sorry had to do it.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11002

definitely worth reading that thread lol, alot of people on this forum didnt have a clue

but I did. I called my boys the moment we picked him and they were all like " who the F is EMON SHOMPORT

haha im like dude hes gonna be official in a knicks jersey watch

has all the tools to be a star.

^^ said the same thing. Many people here were like wtf, who is this guy?

Now lets see if the coach can actually utilize his talents...

Toons

is the Bo$$
i called it too....loved this kid from gtech. funny thing, when i was playing my nba 2k11 season, we drafted him, and i made him rookie of the year....i really wanted the points for coaching roy, and playing a rook for 20 mins per

iSaYughh

Starter
definitely worth reading that thread lol, alot of people on this forum didnt have a clue

but I did. I called my boys the moment we picked him and they were all like " who the F is EMON SHOMPORT

haha im like dude hes gonna be official in a knicks jersey watch

has all the tools to be a star.

Jeeeez yo, we get it, no need to double post on your own post and talk it up -- you picked that he would be good vs bad and now he's looking like a real quality prospect.

Fields had a helluva rookie year and was a KO celeb..last year. Pause.

Not necessarily you, but so many flamboyant posts and threads on this forum recently, peeps propping themselves like they got themselves a talk show and need a personal PR campaign to keep their ratings up. :afro:

Shump has played a few good games a small handfull of games into his rookie year.

Trust. I am not hatin' Shump, I like him and expect good things...But nobody should be acting like they're Warren Buffet quite yet and just balled it up on some killer prediction while the rest of KO was betting against.