What Douglas can do for us off the bench as a SG

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Tell this man to play his game. It's easy to forget what he has done good, and he is also very young, in his third season. There's even a couple or so nice passes in these videos, maybe because he was mind was relaxed because he wasn't asked to do something he couldn't do.

Let's give him a chance.

There are a lot of NBA players who's psyche could not withstand being moved from the starting lineup to the bench, especially in exchange for a less experienced player. I really hope that TD is not one of those guys because we really need his shooting off the bench. I don't like how Shump's increased role last night led to TD only getting 10 to 15 minutes of total playing time. I guess there are only so many minutes to go around, but still.

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
I really admire his personality and his effort. He wants the best for this team and really works his behind off. I agree, we need to give him a chance at his real position rather than judge him off a position he doesn't usually play or isnt good at.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I really admire his personality and his effort. He wants the best for this team and really works his behind off. I agree, we need to give him a chance at his real position rather than judge him off a position he doesn't usually play or isnt good at.

Yea i think he'll be fine after adjusting to a few more games coming back off the bench at the 2 where he belongs

DrB

Benchwarmer

Perfect Comment.

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed: Perfectly said.

Our Bum coach Dantoni so-call developement of Toney Douglas into the NBA
was all wrong for TD best college talents (combo-guard, defensive-PG,
offensive scorer-SG, depth role-player).

I am afraid for rookie Shump's high potential under Dantoni type of coaching
becoming scar with flaw habits early in his career.

Here's a big example of poor young talent coaching :smokin:
Our rookie Jorts is a 6.10 gruesome rebounder, bigbody in the paint that need
to be looking for his inside scoring ability with his front & back to the basket.
In 8 games rookie Jorts had 36 fga, 21 of those fga were from the 3-ball line
inwhich he only made 5 out of 21. which have rookie Jorts shooting a 33% fg average.
When is our coach going to tell rookie Jorts his 3-ball shooting is for his 2nd
or 3rd season in the NBA? and his decent talent at getting offensive-rebounds
is when he should use all his stregnth for a put-back to get foul to go take FT.

CoolClyde

great thread totally :agreed:

I agree with everyone on this thread, most folks have been saying it all along,
Toney D is not a PG, blame management and D'ickhead for putting the man in that position.
Give D a chance. He can be one of the best 6th men in the league if allowed to be combo
guard off bench, run the 2nd unit, and be the clutch performer he is capable of.

Also agree with Kiyadude, Bud Harrelson should not be chucking 3's,
he's at his best busting chops in the paint, 'bounding and astounding.

nyk_nyk

All Star
:agreed: Perfectly said.

Our Bum coach Dantoni so-call developement of Toney Douglas into the NBA
was all wrong for TD best college talents (combo-guard, defensive-PG,
offensive scorer-SG, depth role-player).

I am afraid for rookie Shump's high potential under Dantoni type of coaching
becoming scar with flaw habits early in his career.

Here's a big example of poor young talent coaching :smokin:
Our rookie Jorts is a 6.10 gruesome rebounder, bigbody in the paint that need
to be looking for his inside scoring ability with his front & back to the basket.
In 8 games rookie Jorts had 36 fga, 21 of those fga were from the 3-ball line
inwhich he only made 5 out of 21. which have rookie Jorts shooting a 33% fg average.
When is our coach going to tell rookie Jorts his 3-ball shooting is for his 2nd
or 3rd season in the NBA? and his decent talent at getting offensive-rebounds
is when he should use all his stregnth for a put-back to get foul to go take FT.

+10
Excellent post.

Toons

is the Bo$$
cosign this thread. Jorts really spread the floor when he makes those buckets.....he just needs to make the defense know he can hit them

Eman

Benchwarmer
Good thread, man. Big T-23 fan myself. Anyone know if they're ever gonna release a Swingman jersey for him? He's one of our longest tenured teammates, lol.