Thread: Knicks Close to Signing Keith Bogans

Hybrid View

Breaking News Knicks Close to Signing Keith Bogans

took this from the real GM forums

“@jake_langbecker: BREAKING: Knicks Close to Signing Keith Bogans. Story up on @CHARGEDfm [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] #Knicks”

Retweeted by Tommy Dee.

Veteran

Yeah, you can find links to this signing in a couple places so far, with even some of them saying Bogans should be with us by Monday's game against Charlotte. Main bullet points on Bogans are that he plays good perimeter defense and can occasionally hit a 3-pointer, but otherwise not much from an offensive standpoint.

It's never a bad thing to have another perimeter defender in your backcourt, but not sure where Bogans would get his minutes. If Shump and Fields continue to start, then you would expect Bibby, Walker, and TD to grab all the minutes off the bench. We've already seen TD essentially phased out the last 2 games with Shump's emergence, but then again that might be due to his shoulder issues. Maybe Bogans can play some 3 behind Melo or maybe he's just going to be an insurance option in case we run into teams where we show no ability to defend the other team's pick and roll or the like.

Would he even have get any minutes with us? We already have Fields, TD, and Walker at SG. Well at least he's a pretty good defender from what I hear. Wouldn't hurt.

Veteran

Who are we waiving to get him? As far as I know we have to drop someone to pick him up. It seems like it's going to be Lin at this point. But I also think that we could use another defender on the perimeter...not like Lin gets any playing time anyway.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Who are we waiving to get him? As far as I know we have to drop someone to pick him up. It seems like it's going to be Lin at this point. But I also think that we could use another defender on the perimeter...not like Lin gets any playing time anyway.
    Yeah, would have to be Lin given the current roster. It's also possible this whole story of signing Bogans could be bunk, too. I suppose we'll see.

Originally Posted by htr10
    Yeah, would have to be Lin given the current roster. It's also possible this whole story of signing Bogans could be bunk, too. I suppose we'll see.
    Our 2's perimeter D has been very suspect this year. Fields & company have been getting abused. They're not good at fighting through screens (which is why they're switching), which is leading to mismatched on D. I think D'Antoni thinks if we get Bogans than he can put him in to help out our perimeter D along with hitting an occasional 3.

I think Antoni really hasn't given Lin a shot. I actually like Lin better than TD. He can pass better, shoot better and his D is better. I'd hate to give him up and keep a PG that can't shoot/pass. Only time will tell I guess.

replier

sorry Bogan is better option to start than Fields, Fields struggle to defend against quicker SG. Fields and Bogan offensively are equal. neither great 3 point shooter. add Bogan might creat trade scenario for better starting 2

this might set up trade scenario for SG who above avg 3 point sg, great handle and great defense. Maynor is out for the season otrn acl in right knee. OKC needs a playoff tested pg

TD Fields Walker for Thabo Sefalosha

THabo on lebron and Shumpert on wade and chandler to

great starting 5
    Shumpert Sefalosha Melo Stat Chandler
    Bibby Bogan Balkman Jeffries Jorts
    Lin Jordan