Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Close to Signing Keith Bogans

Bogans plans on signing for the vets min right? I hope to god we don't waste our 2.5 on his @ss. Also, anyone know when Jeffries is coming back?

Veteran

I mean we do need more perimeter defense, that much can't be denied, and Bogans is definitely a good defensive player.

That being said you want to keep an extra 1 guard on the team in case of injuries

Maybe JJ is gone and we are replacing him with this guy?

Even just getting rid of JJ would be an improvement...

Shouldve just kept Corey Brewer!!!!

Exactly, it was one of the stupidest moves we made last season, Brewer even if not a very good overall player, is still a legit defender. We waived him because D'Antoni "couldn't guarantee him enough playing time" and now we're looking for a guy like him...

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Ask any bulls fan Bogans is ****ing horrible. This is not something to be happy about, they could not wait to get rid of this guy. Balkman gives you more. Why is it that people get so hyped when we are linked to trash, no news is good news.
    Exactly I'm not sure a lot of you guys really watched Chicago's games last year Bogans was utterly terrible he may have been the worst starting player in the entire league last year. His D was highly overrated he was lucky Chicago overall has amazing team D, the only thing he does offensively is shoot 3's and he inconsistent. You don't want this guy here Fields, Shump, Walker and TD are way better SG options.

Originally Posted by New New York
    Shouldve just kept Corey Brewer!!!!
    +1... Not to mention we let him go for 2 beans and a pair of dirty socks.

replier

sorry Bogan is better option to start than Fields, Fields struggle to defend against quicker SG. Fields and Bogan offensively are equal. neither great 3 point shooter. add Bogan might creat trade scenario for better starting 2

this might set up trade scenario for SG who above avg 3 point sg, great handle and great defense. Maynor is out for the season otrn acl in right knee. OKC needs a playoff tested pg

TD Fields Walker for Thabo Sefalosha

THabo on lebron and Shumpert on wade and chandler to

great starting 5
    Shumpert Sefalosha Melo Stat Chandler
    Bibby Bogan Balkman Jeffries Jorts
    Lin Jordan

replier

Default link

Knicks on The Verge of Keith Bogans Signing

Posted on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] With Shumpert moving into the starting lineup that leaves our second unit with a lot to be desired in the backcourt. Toney slides right into the PG role and Bibby looks great when he's knocking down all those threes, but he can't be counted on for consistent contributions. It seems like the Knicks are trying to address their backcourt depth by bringing Keith Bogans aboard. A solid defensive presence who can also knock down some jumpers, he seems like a good fit for the second unit. If Bogans is good enough to see time on the Bulls then he is certainly good enough to get some burn off the bench for the Knicks with a defense first mentality

Getting Keith Bogans doesn't hurt us at all. I don't understand why people are hating. This guy plays hard on defense, and was the starting sg for the 62-win Bulls team! Even if he isn't playing, he can have an immediate impact on the Knicks by showing our young guards the proper way to defend. And after playing 1 full season for Coach Thibs, I'm sure he can spill the beans on the defensive sets and principles that propelled the Bulls into one of the elite defensive teams in the league.

This supposed acquisition was supposed to happen soon as the original rumor was posted Friday. Anyone hear any updates on this?

I'm starting to think that it might not be true as not many media outlets are reporting it other than the bottom-barrel guys.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Exactly I'm not sure a lot of you guys really watched Chicago's games last year Bogans was utterly terrible he may have been the worst starting player in the entire league last year. His D was highly overrated he was lucky Chicago overall has amazing team D, the only thing he does offensively is shoot 3's and he inconsistent. You don't want this guy here Fields, Shump, Walker and TD are way better SG options.
    Umm... we're def gonna be signing dude on that note...

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Who is he supposed to be taking playing time from? I hope this never becomes legit!

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I mean we do need more perimeter defense, that much can't be denied, and Bogans is definitely a good defensive player.

That being said you want to keep an extra 1 guard on the team in case of injuries
    I concur!

I think we'll be pretty set between Shump, Bibby and Davis, mind you.

Bogans will be either a top signing or an insignificant one.

Interesting though.

I hope it means that we'll be playing a legit, consistent second unit the likes of -

Bibby
    Bogans
    Fields
    Jorts
    Jordan

Probably dreaming, but a dependable bench is worth its weight in gold as the season takes its toll on our starters. Particularly our $45M front-court.

Never mind, this is a false rumor

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]