Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss -vs- Washington Wizards mean a FIRED Dantoni?

Veteran

Nyk Logo Loss -vs- Washington Wizards mean a FIRED Dantoni?

The cohesiveness in our offense/defense does not exist.
    We are not using 7.0 C-Tyson Chandler's best skills & talents

Combo-TD & F/G-Fields....are hustling young depth bench-players looking to play "Team-Ball" on both-sides of the court.
    Both these young-guards (TD/Fields) are always cutting but I never see a screen/pick made for our young cutting guards. WTF! no teammates screens on iso plays has made us look like a man on man offensive team.

Coach Dantoni, Stat, and Melo ....are not on the same-page or playing "Team-Ball" on any sides of the court. The two superstars shouldve worked-out together during the lockout, they do not co-exist.
    Stat & Melo showed no-leadership on the defensive-end in the 118-110 loss to the Bobcats. Our roster is waiting to follow our superstars lead.

I know what to expect from 3rd/2nd season TD/Fields and what they bring to the table....But what should I expect from our $52M per starters each game? or the $6M per headcoach who give 8 players the green-light to shoot 3-balls per game?

Veteran

I...don't think it'll be so soon. If it were largely the same roster as last year, then maybe, but because you don't have Billups and you have Tyson Chandler, you gotta give them some more games.

Either way I'll be there screaming FIRE ANTONI in his ear... I'm sitting right behind him.

I don't think Dolan has the balls to can him 7 games into the season, but hopefully he does... I just don't think he will.

it might not get him fired but it was be the tipping point of it being openly discussed in the media. Already sports writers are hinting that as a legitimate action. A loss agains't a 0-6 team will make those guys go into a blood frenzy.

Lets get Bill Laimbeer in 2012 and maul th F*ck out of the Heat in the ECF's

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Either way I'll be there screaming FIRE ANTONI in his ear... I'm sitting right behind him.

I don't think Dolan has the balls to can him 7 games into the season, but hopefully he does... I just don't think he will.

I'll be there too!! LoL Section 121 baby!!!

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The cohesiveness in our offense/defense does not exist.
    We are not using 7.0 C-Tyson Chandler's best skills & talents

Combo-TD & F/G-Fields....are hustling young depth bench-players looking to play "Team-Ball" on both-sides of the court.
    Both these young-guards (TD/Fields) are always cutting but I never see a screen/pick made for our young cutting guards. WTF! no teammates screens on iso plays has made us look like a man on man offensive team.
    I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Douglas and Fields are a prime reason the Knicks are losing at this stage.

Douglas is not, never was, and never will be a PG. He's a streaky shooter and has 0,Zero, Nada, Nein, Basketball I.Q.

Fields is also one of the most unreliable players on the team. Can't shoot, can't pass, and can't layup. I fancy his chances scoring an open three more than him successfully driving at the basket and that's saying something as he is an incredibly bad shooter. He started off promising enough last season, but he is too limited to ever be considered anything more than a role player (if that).

Douglas though, in particular, is really starting to piss me off. This team will be a completely different prospect once Davis has returned and it will not be thanks to the two young guards, or the coach.
    Last edited by TakMan; Jan 06, 2012 at 03:21.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The two superstars shouldve worked-out together during the lockout, they do not co-exist.
    Usually we are not on the same page, but I fully agree with you here. And you said so all long.

I would like to think that it would happen but I can`t see it.

Of course, I want the Knicks to win but if we lose then surely D`Antoni must go. Losing to the Raptors, Bobcats and Wizards would be too much particularly the way we are losing to them. The Raptors and `Cats have outplayed us and we made Boris Diaw look like a $100m a year superstar whilst our $100m a year superstar was made to look like a scrub.

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingofNy

Yes King, be my mouthpiece,more power to ya.Make sure he here's ya nice and loud.Try to start a chant if you can, just don't get tossed.LOL.

I can see it. If the kings can can their bench boss, why can't the knicks?

It's clear that something needs to change here. You don't have 2 superstars and a 3rd "star" player to go under .500. I don't care if we had chris poohon at the point. (Who would probably be an upgrade to TD right now)

If we lose to the wizards I fully expect that dantoni will be either fired or at least on the hot seat.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Yes King, be my mouthpiece,more power to ya.Make sure he here's ya nice and loud.Try to start a chant if you can, just don't get tossed.LOL.
    I don't know if you've ever went to a Wizards home game, but you can hear a feather drop and I'm sitting directly behind him. Especially if we lose or trail by 15-20, I'm gonna call him out like crazy. I might even get kicked out... We'll see how bad we're playing. So don't you worry... Got anything you want me to yell besides the obvious?

Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    I'll be there too!! LoL Section 121 baby!!!
    See ya there JazRed! Lets start a Fire D'Antoni chants... There should be a lot of Knicks fans there considering the cheap ticket prices.

am I watch a different channel Knicks then the rest of you, some of you ask the most silliest question why hasnt Dantoni been fired yet? do you understand how MSG brass works, they are hanging him out to dry, they know its a losing season already but why not shame the coach for it as well, with each loss his record looks uglier and his credibility takes a hit. they did this with all the other coaches, and if one, God forbid actually succeeds here, Dolan will find a way to dirty things up some more.

Veteran

Unhappy We been watching two different Knicks teams

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Douglas and Fields are a prime reason the Knicks are losing at this stage.

Douglas is not, never was, and never will be a PG. He's a streaky shooter and has 0,Zero, Nada, Nein, Basketball I.Q.

Fields is also one of the most unreliable players on the team. Can't shoot, can't pass, and can't layup. I fancy his chances scoring an open three more than him successfully driving at the basket and that's saying something as he is an incredibly bad shooter. He started off promising enough last season, but he is too limited to ever be considered anything more than a role player (if that).

Douglas though, in particular, is really starting to piss me off. This team will be a completely different prospect once Davis has returned and it will not be thanks to the two young guards, or the coach.
    Wow! havnt u notice media & NBA commentators not mentioning anything
    negative on Dantoni, Stat, or Melo in the past 6 Knicks games....but when
    u watch the Knicks games u see non-movement on offense with players
    standing still on the 3-ball line (Dantoni), no movement without the ball from
    Stat & Melo, and when Stat & Melo are doubled they rarely pass the ball,
    plus the two superstars cant average one assist from each other per game.
    And the two superstars has been FAKING on the defensive-end of the court.
    I hate to bust your bubble of thought....but TD is not the same scoring-punch
    guy we drafted out of college, and Fields is definately not the same player
    that crashed the offense & defense boards with put-backs, blocks, steals,
    and slashing to the hoop we drafted from college.
    Dantoni's coaching stunt their growth with this foolish wide 3-point offense
    with no type of defensive system to run back-on.
    TD & Fields never favored 3-Ball shooting in college....the two found millions
    of ways to score inside or 15 feet from the paint. Their defensive hustle in a
    system made them strong candidates for the NBA draft (late pick or not they
    were a blessin for the Knicks as finishers.).

The pick n roll with Stat needs more than just TD & Stat when oponents
    keep doubling on Stat, that is what stop Stat consecutive 30 point run last
    season (Stat refuse to pass the ball to other teammates when double), or did
    u forget Stat kept forcing shots when doubled?

Carmelo always had great screens from Camby, Nene, Birdman, and K.Mart to
    get to four of his favorite spots to be a high scorer on the Denver Nuggets.
    Dantoni has not design any play where Stat & Tyson screen for Melo to get
    to a certain spot for an open shot....all we see is stand-still catch n shoots
    with everyone on the peremeter. Give me a break.
    Knicks ex-coach JVG design easy plays for Ewing & Oakley to screen for
    Starks & Houston for 15 to 20 foot jumpers. Which brings me back to our
    young guards "TD & Fields" never having Tyson, Stat, or Melo screen/pick for
    them to get an open shot. is that team-ball? every guard in the NBA gets all
    kinds of screens/picks from their bigmen....except TD & Fields.

Did Tyson Chandler come out of the paint to screen for CP3? Damn near on
    every offensive play u seen CP3 speed swift pass Tyson bigman defender to
    the hoop. u dont think TD could do that? TD did it in the Kings game making
    DMarcus Cousin want to be traded after the game. ha ha ha

Veteran

If he keeps losing in this fashion it will only be a matter of time before he goes. I don't see us losing to the Wizards, then again, I didn't see us losing our last 2 games. D'Ant might just be doing us a hugh favor by creating an early departure for himself. Thou it will be kind of sad if the Wizards get their first win on us.