Knicks VS Bobcats - Jan 9, 7:30pm: VENGEANCE! Cold, swift, utter vengeance.

For 10 rep points toward your Rep Point Greenery, predict Shump's assists + steals

• Total voters

KingofNy

Starter
Did you guys hear Iman's post game press conference? He basically said that Melo and Stat call the plays. He said "If Melo wants the ball, he gets the ball". He also said "If Stat wants the ball, he gets it".

It should be up to the coach to decide who gets the ball and what play is run. I think Antoni is overrun by the stars on our team. He needs to be fired and we need a coach who can handle our stars. ISOing Melo the entire 4th quarter after he's been getting handled by Charlotte wasn't a smart choice. But Antoni doesn't have control so it makes sense.

Sh*t is gonna hit the fans when we play some good teams and the players are calling their own plays after timeouts. This coach has to go!

Wargames

Starter
Looks like Shumps just having more cramps, i see some dude massaging his knee (no homo) on the sideline

I remember reading that Cramps has always been an issue for him somewhere.... Not now (or possibly even this season) but I think the knicks should put him in the Harden role. Harden is the thunders best SG but he is also their off the bench threat/energy guy. It would be a good look for the Knicks once they add some more reliable depth. Even if he starts a reliable back up who can spell him about a quarter a game would be a wise move....

Also on another note for some reason I really got a kick out of how Melo owned Derrick Brown and how Shump Shump got on DJ Augustin's nerves..... I guess its just the school yard bully in me....

Lastly Tyson Chandler is the truth, Hopefully these last few games made that clear to everyone. He is a top 5 center. Last year a guy like Diop would of had seasons high Rebounding numbers against the Knicks. This time he only had 4...

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Boobcats

WTF Antoni has to be the worst 4th quarter coach i've ever seen.
horrible substitutions, ISO's for Melo, no fouling up by 3 with a foul to give.
AGAIN!!!! this sh*t coaching is gonna bite him and The Knicks in the a$$,
lucky to get wins against crap teams.

did Shumpervert really say Melo and Stat get the ball when they want it?
they're coaching the team? I BELIEVE IT, explains the no play style of coaching.

I'd like to see Balkmania and JJordan getting some minutes, I can see the starting 5
already getting too many minutes, another Antoni M.O.

wha happen to The Bib? TD? Bwalker? 3 points off the bench! c'mon now!
that is RE-DICK-U-LOUSE! 1 field goal! hah! although i do like Bud Harrellson's
presence and aggression.

solid game by the Man Handler, and great 1st half for MeloStat, but what happened
the rest of the game? where is the consistency?

I still believe Shumprock should start, the bench just needs more quality minutes
mixed with smart substitutions to make things happen.

hoo boy, we're lucky we got this one, but i'll take it. damn. toni.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I am REALLY starting to get worried about the condensed season.

Our big 3 each played 38+ minutes tonight and that's a cause for concern with a lot of guys already going down as it is. Not to mention that we have players who have injury history, so we need to be careful. The fact that Jerome Jordan didn't get a single minute of playing time today shocks me. We're going to have to find a way to play defense without Tyson Chandler if we want a full roster for the playoffs.

Sage

Rotation player

Our big 3 each played 38+ minutes tonight and that's a cause for concern with a lot of guys already going down as it is. Not to mention that we have players who have injury history, so we need to be careful. The fact that Jerome Jordan didn't get a single minute of playing time today shocks me. We're going to have to find a way to play defense without Tyson Chandler if we want a full roster for the playoffs.

The bench combined for 3 points in this game, 3!.... Expect heavy minutes for the starters to continue if the bench keeps that up.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The bench combined for 3 points in this game, 3!.... Expect heavy minutes for the starters to continue if the bench keeps that up.

I understand that our bench needs to play better.

But they barely got any playing time today. Bibby only played 6 minutes despite having a great game on Saturday. I don't think D'Antoni understands how tough it'll be for these guys to hold up in February and March. If Tyson Chandler's knee fizzes out we're screwed.

We need to take a chance on Jerome Jordan. We simply don't have any other choice.

Sage

Rotation player
I understand that our bench needs to play better.

But they barely got any playing time today. Bibby only played 6 minutes despite having a great game on Saturday. I don't think D'Antoni understands how tough it'll be for these guys to hold up in February and March. If Tyson Chandler's knee fizzes out we're screwed.

We need to take a chance on Jerome Jordan. We simply don't have any other choice.

Sorry man I should say I completely agree, playing our stars for 36+ minutes will be murder on this tight schedule.

But they gotta find a way to get the bench involved, 3 points is disgusting. Maybe Melo + second unit and the offense goes through him for drive & dish, pick & rolls, etc.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah seriously.

Why doesn't the bench work on set plays?

I mean, think about it like this. Get Bibby and Jorts to practice the pick and roll together for a month. Eventually, if taht's all they do, they'll get it. And once they get it really well, they'll be able to use it effectively.

The 2nd unit did SHIT last night and we need to rely on them. But we can't just throw games away, you're definitely right about that.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
WTF Antoni has to be the worst 4th quarter coach i've ever seen.
horrible substitutions, ISO's for Melo, no fouling up by 3 with a foul to give.
AGAIN!!!! this sh*t coaching is gonna bite him and The Knicks in the a$$,
lucky to get wins against crap teams.

did Shumpervert really say Melo and Stat get the ball when they want it?
they're coaching the team? I BELIEVE IT, explains the no play style of coaching.

I'd like to see Balkmania and JJordan getting some minutes, I can see the starting 5
already getting too many minutes, another Antoni M.O.

wha happen to The Bib? TD? Bwalker? 3 points off the bench! c'mon now!
that is RE-DICK-U-LOUSE! 1 field goal! hah! although i do like Bud Harrellson's
presence and aggression.

solid game by the Man Handler, and great 1st half for MeloStat, but what happened
the rest of the game? where is the consistency?

I still believe Shumprock should start, the bench just needs more quality minutes
mixed with smart substitutions to make things happen.

hoo boy, we're lucky we got this one, but i'll take it. damn. toni.

+1 to every point.

D'Antoni is ridiculous. Can't stand the man...

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
No Defense Won The Charlotte Game For Us

http://www.nba.com/games/20120109/CHANYK/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100129#nbaGIboxscore

Looking at the above box scores, it seems surprising how the Knicks won.
Charlotte
FGM 41.5%
3PM 36.8%
FTM 80.0%

Knicks
FGM 38%
3PM 10%
FTM 75%

It's also not that we rebounded more and therefore had more shots on basket.
Charlotte
FGA 82
3PA 19
FTA 15

Knicks
FGA 79
3PA 10
FTA 40

The only place we shot more was on the free throw line.

My thoughts on this is that Charlotte played defense and therefor gave us tough shots so we missed a higher percentage but went to the free throw line more.

The Knicks on the other hand didn't play defense and allowed Charlotte a lot of free looks giving them a high % scoring. On the other hand, we didn't foul them.

If you look at the numbers though, the foul shots clearly won us the game.

And on a side note, just looking at Melo's and Stat's % over the last 9 games, it's shocking that they are "superstars". Their scoring %'s are ridiculously low.
If we let Bibby shoot any shot he wanted he too would put up 30% scoring percentages and score 30 a night.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Another win was is great but yet antoher pathetic coaching display.

Why doesn`t the coach bring Bibby in for Shump and Douglas in for Fileds. Bibby is a point guard, okay, maybe he doesn`t have much left in the tank but he is a point guard so why not replace our starting point guard with a backup PG instead of with a player like Toney who is not a PG? This baffles me. It`s another ocassion where the idiot of a coach makes the game more complicated when it needs to be. Toney Douglas would be much better coming off the bench for Fields and playing the 2. But the idiot coach puts him in at PG and Bibby, a PG comes in for Fileds at the two. Make sense of that. I just don`t understand this obsession he has with trying to make square pegs fit into round holes. Just replace a PG with a PG and put Toney on as the two guard. Simple. Why does he insist with going to Bill Walker so much? Walker, in my ever so humble opinion, has nothing to offer.

why did Bibby get so few minutes last night after playing so well in the previous game? It was Bibby who opened the lead for the Knicks against the Pistons and the Knicks were never in danger after that. So, what does the coach do, give him a tiny number of minutes in the next game. This has been a D`Antoni tactic for years and it is pathetic.

Yet again our starters get heavy minutes, far too many in this truncated season. Okay, many will argue that our bench is dreadful and only got three points, and I agree. But, what do you expect from bench players who get hardly any minutes. You can`t expect players to sit "cold" on the bench and then expect them to come off the bench "game ready" and scoring. No Balkman, no Jordan. At this rate our starters will either be burned out by mid-season or injured. This is the bench that we have, for better or for worse, so we have to use it. It looked like he was trying to return to his horrible short rotation last night. That hurts the team in a normal season let alone one of this short length.

I`m so sick of this phoney coach and his terrible decision making. His lack of plays, his "chuck it and see" philosophy. His terrible substitution patterns and his heavy minutes for our starters. I think that come what may D`Antoni will be with us for this whole season but I am praying that whatever happens this season he will not be the head coach, towel holder or even toilet cleaner for the New York Knicks at the beginning of next season.

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
We are talking about a 2-7 record oponent that was having problems with
adjusting to rookie Jorts in the paint. Jerome Jordan were suppose to receive
14 to 18 minutes of playingtime in lineups with Stat or Melo with Shump & Fields
in the backcourt.
The Stat & Melo lineups dont play any foward-DEFENSE!!!!!!
I am sick of it....Diaw knew Dantoni & Stat has no concept of defense.
The NBA league knows Melo have to be in a lineup with majority defensive-
switch teammates to be successful for a win.
Damnphony has to be FIRED ASAP!!!!!!

The Hornets beat the (so-call) NY Nuggets last night....
And the Iso-Knicks got revenge by beating the Charllotte Hornets last night.
Both Hornets teams (Bobcats) were design to be the top 2011-12 LOTTERY teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another win was is great but yet antoher pathetic coaching display.

Why doesn`t the coach bring Bibby in for Shump and Douglas in for Fileds. Bibby is a point guard, okay, maybe he doesn`t have much left in the tank but he is a point guard so why not replace our starting point guard with a backup PG instead of with a player like Toney who is not a PG? This baffles me. It`s another ocassion where the idiot of a coach makes the game more complicated when it needs to be. Toney Douglas would be much better coming off the bench for Fields and playing the 2. But the idiot coach puts him in at PG and Bibby, a PG comes in for Fileds at the two. Make sense of that. I just don`t understand this obsession he has with trying to make square pegs fit into round holes. Just replace a PG with a PG and put Toney on as the two guard. Simple. Why does he insist with going to Bill Walker so much? Walker, in my ever so humble opinion, has nothing to offer.

why did Bibby get so few minutes last night after playing so well in the previous game? It was Bibby who opened the lead for the Knicks against the Pistons and the Knicks were never in danger after that. So, what does the coach do, give him a tiny number of minutes in the next game. This has been a D`Antoni tactic for years and it is pathetic.

Yet again our starters get heavy minutes, far too many in this truncated season. Okay, many will argue that our bench is dreadful and only got three points, and I agree. But, what do you expect from bench players who get hardly any minutes. You can`t expect players to sit "cold" on the bench and then expect them to come off the bench "game ready" and scoring. No Balkman, no Jordan. At this rate our starters will either be burned out by mid-season or injured. This is the bench that we have, for better or for worse, so we have to use it. It looked like he was trying to return to his horrible short rotation last night. That hurts the team in a normal season let alone one of this short length.

I`m so sick of this phoney coach and his terrible decision making. His lack of plays, his "chuck it and see" philosophy. His terrible substitution patterns and his heavy minutes for our starters. I think that come what may D`Antoni will be with us for this whole season but I am praying that whatever happens this season he will not be the head coach, towel holder or even toilet cleaner for the New York Knicks at the beginning of next season.

:agreed:
Our Celebrity coach Damnphony knows little to nothing about the talents/skills
of the players on the Knicks roster.

PG-Bibby & PG-TD both need post-up centers or PF on the foul line for a
screen/pick to go around in a halfcourt setting (just like Duncan, KG, Dirk,
Bosh, and Gasol do for their PG), going around the high screen gives our PG
three-options....open lane, pass to a cutter, or pass to the bigman screener
being defended by a PG at the foul line (all NBA teams dont switch on defense).
We need Shump "ENERGY" off the bench for 30+ minutes to get other bench-
players & starters involved in the game as our combo-guard (Terry & Harden).
There is NO-Reason why Melo/Stat/Tyson can not work with PG-TD/or Bibby/
or Davis on a few "design-plays" to start the game off with "pick n roles" or
"post-ups" or running behind a double-screen for a jumper....its call teammates
moving without the ball in the first-quarter to get touches.

With Melo on the Knicks....Stat have to change his game to passing-more
plus learn how to post-up down low with his back to the basket like the new
Zach Randolph having 3-options posting up down low....shoot, or pass to a
moving Gay, or pass to Gasol backboard shot.

nyk_nyk

All Star
With Melo on the Knicks....Stat have to change his game to passing-more plus learn how to post-up down low with his back to the basket

Been calling for this ever since the start of the season. He makes it real difficult to score when all he has is a fake and then puts his head down and drive to the basket. He's not going against centers anymore so he can't exploit his speed. These PFs are quicker and can stay with him plus since everyone knows his simple plan, there's usually a defender waiting for him in the paint.

When he loses his quickness, he's done. At least if he had a post game he'd have more options.

The Knicks really got their revenge last night at the Garden. After being embarrassed by the Bobcats last Wednesday (118-110) and being booed at home from the less than pleased crowd, the Knicks really showed up to play last night!

It helped that the Bobcats didn't shoot lights out (55% from the field) like last game, and instead 42%. But Diaw continued to play well against the Knicks with 19 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists.

We had to rely on our defense, and they came up with a lot of crucial stops towards the end of the game!!

LOVED ALL OF THE ALLEY-OOPS!!

tumblr_lxkdelTCVZ1r99q61o1_500.jpg

GOTTA LOVE SHUMP TOO!
tumblr_lxkfz2Sfjt1r5w7j2o1_400.jpg

CHECK OUT THE NEW KNICKS BLOG
http://www.thewindyapple.com/

the1.png

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
our bench gave us 3 points last night...:barf:

now if that happens tm we are completely FCUKED the sixers have a good bench and without our bench giving us what we need then they'll come out with the win douglas better get his shit together... lets get that w tomorow!

Sage

Rotation player
I've said it a couple of times but I think Chandler and Stat should go to Hakeem Olajuwon school. They'd really benefit from it.

Chandler's idea of a post move is to back the player down all the way to the basket with no particular goal in mind and stat just drives.