Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thabo Sefalosha is the answer

Originally Posted by CA7
    Gotta be real with you there's no way a 38-39 year old Nash will help us defeat the Heat/Bulls we need to get athletic at the guard spots, the way Miami runs and the Bulls execute we have to be ready. Depending on if Iman Shumpert is our Point Guard of the future or Shooting Guard of the future solely depends on the other guard in our starting 5.

If he plays Point Guard I want a knock down shooter, who can match almost Iman's athleticism and defend both 1 and 2. I'd go for Gerald Henderson when he comes available 6'4, athletic, great shot and has a great vertical

PG- Iman Shumpert
    SG- Gerald Henderson
    SF- Carmelo Anthony
    PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
    C- Tyson Chandler

If he plays Shooting Guard, then we need a PG who can push the rock since Iman likes to run, also a knock down shooter and can defend both guard positions. I;d go for Goran Dragic or Beno Udrih either would be great with our current core 4

PG- Beno Udrih/Goran Dragic
    SG- Iman Shumpert
    SF- Carmelo Anthony
    PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
    C- Tyson Chandler
    I was thinking more along the lines of Baron & Nash working the PG duties together for just 2012 together and the Knicks can draft a PG in 2013. A lot of people don't realize it because he's injured now but if Baron does a good job he'll probably being the starting PG for the next few years.

If that is the case Nash as a backup for 1 year at a vet min deal would be fantastic. Then the knicks could just draft another guard and hope he pans out. Trading for one is also an option as well.

However to be honest who knows that the Knicks need. Most times that doesn't become until the halfway through the seasons and add in baron and Jefferies (who basketball Gods help me I miss on the roster....) are still injured.

Before this season I would say the knicks needed an improved 3/4 to take those minutes that Billy Walker/Novak currently gets. But who knows. The knicks are going to have to play a good team competitively at full strength (and good coaching) before anyone knows where they really stand and where their needs are.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    You're right, fstrg, but what is the likelihood? Why would OKC shift things up now with a successful team? One of the best teams in the West, no less.

When I say, 'stop coming up with random trades', I'm more referring to the fact that we're not playing with a puzzle, we're a team looking for success. Happy time trade scenarios are pointless/fruitless.

Now I've realized I'm taking things too seriously.

But you get what I mean, right?
    Yeah I see what you're saying -- my response wasn't regarding your thoughts though, just the trade idea in general. At first glance, this one ain't half bad as far as trade ideas go...CA7 always comes up with good ones and this one by shizzee actually makes some sense to me. You usually try to deal surplus for need and this trade fits the bill somewhat...With this trade, the Thunder would still be fine at SG with Harden/Daequan Cook who can really shoot and now Fields..And they'd pick up a PG in Douglas with NBA experience to take over for Maynor. Makes some sense for them...Thing is TD is proving everyday that he's not a true PG...At the end of the day, is it worth it enough for them, giving up Sefalosha's defense for this package? Probably not, and a big part of this has to do with Reggie Jackson, who I think can play. If they didn't have this kinda depth behind Maynor, the trade makes more sense for them.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Yeah I see what you're saying -- my response wasn't regarding your thoughts though, just the trade idea in general. At first glance, this one ain't half bad as far as trade ideas go...CA7 always comes up with good ones and this one by shizzee actually makes some sense to me. You usually try to deal surplus for need and this trade fits the bill somewhat...With this trade, the Thunder would still be fine at SG with Harden/Daequan Cook who can really shoot and now Fields..And they'd pick up a PG in Douglas with NBA experience to take over for Maynor. Makes some sense for them...Thing is TD is proving everyday that he's not a true PG...At the end of the day, is it worth it enough for them, giving up Sefalosha's defense for this package? Probably not, and a big part of this has to do with Reggie Jackson, who I think can play. If they didn't have this kinda depth behind Maynor, the trade makes more sense for them.
    True, true, true. If it ends up happening, I will personally post you 10,000.

Superstar

True, true, true. If it ends up happening, I will personally post you 10,000.

Wont the postage cost you more than the sum you will be sending out?

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Wont the postage cost you more than the sum you will be sending out?
    NO! There's no decimal in Japanese currency, so that's the monetary equivalent, as a note, of $100.

It's actually worth $130.13

Blame warfare.

Superstar

NO! There's no decimal in Japanese currency, so that's the monetary equivalent, as a note, of $100.

It's actually worth $130.13

Blame warfare.
    LOL, as I spill my coffee all over the friggin' computer here...LMAO! ARRRRRRRRRR!!!

Superstar

Thabo is a great Role player....i don't see why OKC would do this. Get 2 Worse Defenders for a inconsistent slasher and average scorer with no defense.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Scipio
    I watch the Thunder a lot and know that getting Sefalosha would be amazing. He is a brilliant defender but I can`t see it happening. Why would the Thunder want to lose him.

ha ha ha silly trade thread.....who's better Sefalosha or Harden?
    Harden by a 100 miles.

If the Knicks get the right veteran pass-first PG or a new Headcoach with a basic system....both TD or Fields value will rise above Sefalosha.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    ha ha ha silly trade thread.....who's better Sefalosha or Harden?
    Harden by a 100 miles.

If the Knicks get the right veteran pass-first PG or a new Headcoach with a basic system....both TD or Fields value will rise above Sefalosha.
    We had Billups last year when Fields fell off the map; and we had MDA here when Fields was touted as the best draft pick of his class.

Douglas I agree needs to be better utilized. We need a pass-first PG so Douglas' career isn't butchered to Joba Chamberlain proportions, by jerking him around between the job of a PG on a team with Melo and Amare and Chandler....and doing what he naturally does well, which is a scoring, tempo altering offensive spark off the bench who can also play pesky, momemtum-altering defense.

He gets abused by Rondo & Co. precisely because he should never be in such a spot in the first place. The same way his offensive game is better off the bench, so to is his defense.

But OKC isn't a team run by fools, and there's a reason Sefalosh *still* is starting and getting quality minutes, even as Harden puts up all-star like numbers while displaying both range and slashing, and playmaking.

Sefalosh is a good team player, a good defender, and a veteran of consistence...And when you have a team with Durant (Melo), Westbrook (Amare), and Ibaka (the equivalent of our Chandler for this comparison), there is an additional level of value put on a player like Sefalosha.

Don't get me wrong, Harden is a beast -- and my starting fantasy SG -- and he is on track to get the starting gig and a monopoly on the minutes....But there's a reason that despite all this Sefalosha has staved off a Harden monopoly.

It is related to his objective value, and subjective value to OKC.

Both values would apply to us.

Sefalosha and Shumpert is a winning guard combo. Even if Baron Davis was a big fail, and we didn't use our MLE on a PG, I personally believe

Shumpert
    Sefalosha
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

could win. In part because of the stability, consistence, and defense that Sefalosha would bring.

And of course, if Baron is a boom, and/or we use a ML type deal on a pass-first starting PG, we are all the stronger then with Shumpert and Sefalosha as our 2 guards.

edit -- I don't think we'd have to give up both Douglas and Fields in that trade scenario, but, who knows.

Why giving up 2 young players that can be solid players for in this league and a good shooter for a guy who plays good D, but is very limited offensively??

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Ewing
    Why giving up 2 young players that can be solid players for in this league and a good shooter for a guy who plays good D, but is very limited offensively??
    Sefa is a very good player, Shane Battier type impact.