Would you be willing to get Kenyon Martin AND J.R. Smith when they're available?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If J.R. is willing to accept a "small" amount, and to play with one of his former teammates again, would you sign him in March or whenever?

Yes, we do have to see what Douglas does first, also if Bibby keeps up good play. If they do, then we don't need him, but we should be keeping him in mind 'till then.

Could teams even offer either of them much more with not much time left 'till the Playoffs?

CA7

Scoring Champ
JR Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin are all tight.

JR Smith is a chucker who should only play about 15 minutes a game because he's ineffective playing in long spurts because 1 he gets bored when he's not getting the ball 2 he slacks on D if he's not scoring 3 he's a volume scorer meaning he needs 15 shots to get 15 points but he could be a great energy guy off the bench playing the Crawford role, he's always in the top of the 6th Man voting and I think if he comes here he'll become a better defender. He'll be close to home and with friends so I could see him having a huge impact

Kenyon Martin should take Jeffries role, he does everything Jeffries does but better also he can score. I think we get K-Mart and not JR though I'll take both though imagine a healthy depth chart of

PG- Baron Davis/Mike Bibby/Toney Douglas
SG- Iman "ROY" Shumpert/JR Smith/Bill Walker
SF- Carmelo "MVP" Anthony/Landry Fields/Renaldo "Not to be confused with Rolando" Balkman
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire/Kenyon Martin/Steve Novak
C- Tyson "DPOY" Chandler/Josh Harrellson/Jerome "The Other" Jordan

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
JRS would be probably the most spectacular finisher on this team, but I have to agree with CA7, besides of his offensive skills I don't see any reason why we should sign him. We need more and more defense and he doesn't fit in. But still, if I followed my love for the game I'd sign him any day of the week, just to see him dunking like this:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
As mentioned above I don`t see any reason for signing this guy. He plays no D and that`s what we need more of.

Having said that he is the perfect player for our moron of a coach. Plays no D and spends his whole time chucking up shots with very little control or thought. Perfect for D`Antoni`s system so you never know.

clumsy

Rotation player
How could we afford JR smith he could make 4-6 mil anywhere else? I would definitely take him over Toney Douglas however. Douglas is a small SG, at least JR has SG height.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
No need for JR Smith, hes the same player as Shumpert. However Shumpert plays D and is hungry. I dont see a problem with adding Kmart. We have a bunch of guards once Baron gets back so we'll see who outplays one another for PT

metrocard

Legend
JR can replace Walker.

I don't want Martin, dude was such a cunt to the Knicks, **** him. Jorts is better.