Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shumpert's Stats Soaring Significantly

Default Shumpert's Stats Soaring Significantly

These numbers are escalating like a street riot.

ko.com legend and funny-man, KingStarbury3, eluded to his column filling potential in another thread, asking in a poll what posters thought he was capable of at his peak.

The majority of posters, including myself, voted 20PPG, 5RPG & 5APG. This being the lowest statistical option.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's not incapable of getting close to that total in his rookie season, especially as a starter.

Thus far, Shump's statistical rankings among rookies are:

3rd in PPG behind [1] Kyrie Irving: 15PPG - [2] Marshon Brooks (NJ) 14PPG

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&spli tType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=0&spli tDD=All%20Teams

4th in APG behind [1] Rubio: 7.6APG - [2] Irving: 5.1APG - [3] Norris Cole (MIA) 3.9APG

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Assists.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&po sition=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&y earsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

3rd amongst guards in rebounding - Rubio and Irving @ 3.9RPG

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Rebounds.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&p osition=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N& yearsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

1st in steals @ 2SPG, followed by Norris Cole 1.56 + Chris Singleton (WAS) 1.25.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Steals.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&pos ition=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&ye arsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

Given that he has a situation at the 1 and 2 starting spots for the Knicks, what's to stop him from going off for, say, 17-18PPG, 5APG, 4RPG and 2+SPG?

ROY?

This team drafts so well it's ridiculous.

Got this from another site.

"Hes 65. He plays with energy. Hes streaky. He plays D. He gets the crowd out of their seats. He makes 3s. and more importantly hes FEARLESS."

Could he be the second coming?

I'll judge him after 66 games of regular season and playoffs (if me make the playoffs). Last year Fields started hot too and we all saw how he finished.

I think his rooke stats will be 12 ppg 2.5 rebs 2.5 as 1.5 stl 40% shooting.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Got this from another site.

"Hes 65. He plays with energy. Hes streaky. He plays D. He gets the crowd out of their seats. He makes 3s. and more importantly hes FEARLESS."

Could he be the second coming?

OH GOD! PLEASE NO!

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    I'll judge him after 66 games of regular season and playoffs (if me make the playoffs). Last year Fields started hot too and we all saw how he finished.

I think his rooke stats will be 12 ppg 2.5 rebs 2.5 as 1.5 stl 40% shooting.
    I think you have it more or less. It would be higher on another team but he is the third option at best on the Knicks. But those are the type of stats the Knicks need from a starting SG, not to mention all the non number intangibles he brings like perimeter Defense and forcing opposing guards to play against him as a constant threat When they have the ball due to his ability to steal.

Sorry Red, I like alot of your posts so this is def nothing personal... but how the hell can a Knicks fan blatantly hate on Starks. And yes, I know there were the ice cold chucker nights, but the guy would bleed orange and blue if he was cut, and charged up the crowd like no other

Originally Posted by Red
    OH GOD! PLEASE NO!
    Really Red??? John Starks is my favorite player of ALL-TIME! I would love if he turned out like Starks. How can you be a Knicks fan and not like Starks? The only thing I can think of is you weren't a fan during his hayday? Besides Charles Oakley and Smith, Starks was the toughness of those Knicks teams. He would of fought Shaq if he got in his way.

Last edited by KingofNy; Jan 09, 2012 at 14:46.

Originally Posted by Red
    OH GOD! PLEASE NO!
    Blasphemy!!!

Originally Posted by KingofNy

Really Red??? John Starks is my favorite player of ALL-TIME! I would love if he turned out like Starks. How can you be a Knicks fan and not like Starks? The only thing I can think of is you weren't a fan during his hayday? Besides Charles Oakley and Smith, Starks was the toughness of those Knicks teams. He would of fought Shaq if he got in his way.

Word bro!

Starks is a legend!

One bad shooting night in game 7 of the Finals doesn't erase all those years he gave us. I'll always be proud of John as a Knick.

Superstar

I also thought John Starks was wack.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    ...and you still use "wack," that's 2 strikes on you!

Oh man. John Starks brings back a lot of memories. Most of them good..If Shump is the next Starky I'll take it - all day long...

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Based on what? I gotta hear this.

He only made the team because he tried to dunk on Ewing, got hurt and the Knicks were forced to keep him due to NBA rules at the time. How could you not like him, he was the ultimate underdog.

Starks was the fire on that team. NBA 6th man of the year, All-Star, and "The Dunk" in the waning moments of the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals against the Chicago Bulls put the Knicks up two games to none against our most fierce rival.

He had ONE bad game and the Knicks wouldn't of even been in that game 7 if it weren't for Starks. It boggles me how people can hate on him... Seriously.

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know what Shumpert does in the huddle before the game? It appears as if he is on the floor drawing something acting wild. I'm just curious to what he's doing haha

Hes reminds me more of Latrell Sprewell than Starks!