Shumpert's Stats Soaring Significantly

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
401693_2858199649342_1090158690_33048140_1847003954_n.jpg

These numbers are escalating like a street riot.

ko.com legend and funny-man, KingStarbury3, eluded to his column filling potential in another thread, asking in a poll what posters thought he was capable of at his peak.

The majority of posters, including myself, voted 20PPG, 5RPG & 5APG. This being the lowest statistical option.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's not incapable of getting close to that total in his rookie season, especially as a starter.

large_1.7HighlightNEW.jpg

Thus far, Shump's statistical rankings among rookies are:

3rd in PPG behind [1] Kyrie Irving: 15PPG - [2] Marshon Brooks (NJ) 14PPG

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

4th in APG behind [1] Rubio: 7.6APG - [2] Irving: 5.1APG - [3] Norris Cole (MIA) 3.9APG

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Assists.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

3rd amongst guards in rebounding - Rubio and Irving @ 3.9RPG

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Rebounds.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

1st in steals @ 2SPG, followed by Norris Cole 1.56 + Chris Singleton (WAS) 1.25.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Steals.jsp?league=00&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

Given that he has a situation at the 1 and 2 starting spots for the Knicks, what's to stop him from going off for, say, 17-18PPG, 5APG, 4RPG and 2+SPG?

ROY?

shump-stat-o.gif

This team drafts so well it's ridiculous.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Got this from another site.

"He?s 6?5. He plays with energy. He?s streaky. He plays D. He gets the crowd out of their seats. He makes 3s. and more importantly he?s FEARLESS."

Could he be the second coming?

John-Starks.jpg

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I'll judge him after 66 games of regular season and playoffs (if me make the playoffs). Last year Fields started hot too and we all saw how he finished.

I think his rooke stats will be 12 ppg 2.5 rebs 2.5 as 1.5 stl 40% shooting.

Red

TYPE-A
Got this from another site.

"He?s 6?5. He plays with energy. He?s streaky. He plays D. He gets the crowd out of their seats. He makes 3s. and more importantly he?s FEARLESS."

Could he be the second coming?

John-Starks.jpg

OH GOD! PLEASE NO!

Wargames

Starter
I'll judge him after 66 games of regular season and playoffs (if me make the playoffs). Last year Fields started hot too and we all saw how he finished.

I think his rooke stats will be 12 ppg 2.5 rebs 2.5 as 1.5 stl 40% shooting.

I think you have it more or less. It would be higher on another team but he is the third option at best on the Knicks. But those are the type of stats the Knicks need from a starting SG, not to mention all the non number intangibles he brings like perimeter Defense and forcing opposing guards to play against him as a constant threat When they have the ball due to his ability to steal.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Sorry Red, I like alot of your posts so this is def nothing personal... but how the hell can a Knicks fan blatantly hate on Starks. And yes, I know there were the ice cold chucker nights, but the guy would bleed orange and blue if he was cut, and charged up the crowd like no other

KingofNy

Starter
2Q==
OH GOD! PLEASE NO!

Really Red??? John Starks is my favorite player of ALL-TIME! I would love if he turned out like Starks. How can you be a Knicks fan and not like Starks? The only thing I can think of is you weren't a fan during his hayday? Besides Charles Oakley and Smith, Starks was the toughness of those Knicks teams. He would of fought Shaq if he got in his way.

koBJdk6EOdf1nh9wV50blH4w_500.jpg

2Q==

Last edited:
2Q==

Really Red??? John Starks is my favorite player of ALL-TIME! I would love if he turned out like Starks. How can you be a Knicks fan and not like Starks? The only thing I can think of is you weren't a fan during his hayday? Besides Charles Oakley and Smith, Starks was the toughness of those Knicks teams. He would of fought Shaq if he got in his way.

koBJdk6EOdf1nh9wV50blH4w_500.jpg

2Q==

Word bro!

Starks is a legend!

One bad shooting night in game 7 of the Finals doesn't erase all those years he gave us. I'll always be proud of John as a Knick.

LeFlume

All Star
Oh man. John Starks brings back a lot of memories. Most of them good..If Shump is the next Starky I'll take it - all day long...:beer:

KingofNy

Starter
I also thought John Starks was wack.

Based on what? I gotta hear this.

He only made the team because he tried to dunk on Ewing, got hurt and the Knicks were forced to keep him due to NBA rules at the time. How could you not like him, he was the ultimate underdog.

Starks was the fire on that team. NBA 6th man of the year, All-Star, and "The Dunk" in the waning moments of the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals against the Chicago Bulls put the Knicks up two games to none against our most fierce rival.

He had ONE bad game and the Knicks wouldn't of even been in that game 7 if it weren't for Starks. It boggles me how people can hate on him... Seriously.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
This might be a dumb question but does anyone know what Shumpert does in the huddle before the game? It appears as if he is on the floor drawing something acting wild. I'm just curious to what he's doing haha

Sage

Rotation player
Based on what? I gotta hear this.

He only made the team because he tried to dunk on Ewing, got hurt and the Knicks were forced to keep him due to NBA rules at the time. How could you not like him, he was the ultimate underdog.

Starks was the fire on that team. NBA 6th man of the year, All-Star, and "The Dunk" in the waning moments of the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals against the Chicago Bulls put the Knicks up two games to none against our most fierce rival.

He had ONE bad game and the Knicks wouldn't of even been in that game 7 if it weren't for Starks. It boggles me how people can hate on him... Seriously.

+1 rep sir, exactly right!

To all the doubters (well, all two of you :p) If Olajuwon didn't block Stark's shot in game 6, MSG would be called John Starks Arena and his number would be up in the rafters. You can't judge him on game 7, that 1994 season ends in Chicago without him.

As for shump, the fact that he's only finished like 1 game without having walked off the floor with a knee problem or a cramp is alarming, but the kid is talented.

knicksin60

Starter
Not to make this into a John Starks thread even though it technically has become one, but Pat Riley is just as bad of a coach as Mike D'antoni is for not benching Starks after he saw him jack up all those shots in game 7 of the '94 Finals.

KingofNy

Starter
+1 rep sir, exactly right!

To all the doubters (well, all two of you :p) If Olajuwon didn't block Stark's shot in game 6, MSG would be called John Starks Arena and his number would be up in the rafters. You can't judge him on game 7, that 1994 season ends in Chicago without him.

As for shump, the fact that he's only finished like 1 game without having walked off the floor with a knee problem or a cramp is alarming, but the kid is talented.

Thanks man, You're exactly right as well. Starks couldn't miss that game and Olajuwon barely blocked his shot. He was on fire that game, there's no way that shot wasn't going in. He had 27 points and 6 3pts. Here's the woeful moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-64I6zp7k
Starks would be an IDOL throughout NY if he just got that shot off a second earlier. Things happen for a reason I guess.

I can see Shump being a Starks like player minus the fistfights and choke holds. :) People forget that Starks was an awesome passer just like Shump looks like he's gonna be so far. Our team would be in trouble right now if it weren't for Shump. It is worrysome that Shump has only made it through one full game but we all know we would of lost yesterday without him.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Physically...no question. Let's hope this kid turns out be HALF the players Starks & Sprewell were.

... Sorry If I won't hope that he becomes half the player that those guys were. He is much more athletic than Spree, with the intangibles that Starks had. He can be something really special... half of starks or spree doesnt even crack the surface.