Trade Landry Fields

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
We should trade Landry Fields while he still has some value and teams judge him from early last year. The guy is terrible he can't hit the corner three which seems to be where he stands the entire game and makes boneheaded decisions. I don't understand how this happened early last year he appeared to have the best basketball IQ on the team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It saddens me that you're right.

He's terrible. :(

I just want to see how he fares in the second unit once Davis arrives on the scene. He can not play with Carmelo Anthony, who supernovas him out of the game. Fields can not survive on ISOs for other players.

That's clearly not the only issue though. He drives baseline and gets stuck 4~5 times a game and I just can't contain my impatience with him anymore.

The defensive effort is sporadic, too.

DAMN!

I had high hopes for his reemergence this year, but he has literally a half-dozen games before he ruins his career playing this way.

iSaYughh

Starter
Yep. It's a damn ****ing shame we acted as if Fields was tantamount to Gallo when we dealt with Denver.

There was zero reason Mozgov should have been tossed in at the end like he was (other than the obvious reality, in that James Dolan stepped into negotiations); but the real criminality in that tango, was how we negated a key, final bargaining chip while giving DEN total, pure free will in the critical "Gallo or Fields" part of the deal.

We basically gave the Nuggets a blowjob, and then sprinted to fetch them tissue paper afterwards.

Big, gay, sorcerer using his wizardry to make a big gay, flying dinosaur gay. :magi:

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;195146 said:

I just want to see how he fares in the second unit once Davis arrives on the scene. He can not play with Carmelo Anthony, who supernovas him out of the game. Fields can not survive on ISOs for other players.

That's clearly not the only issue though. He drives baseline and gets stuck 4~5 times a game and I just can't contain my impatience with him anymore.

DAMN!

I had high hopes for his reemergence this year, but he has literally a half-dozen games before he ruins his career playing this way.

And you *know* Walsh knew all this (and knew what Gallo could do; his selection was a classic spot of a GM putting their signature on a draft choice when there were several other worthy selections).

This is also why I worry about people putting too much faith in Shumpert too soon. Fields got more verbal lapdances last year than a Japanese billionaire at Scores.

Maybe Shumpert isn't even the best comparison....Douglas is probably more fitting, though we've already seen his unraveling as the reality of his ability to be a point guard (or starting guard) has been exposed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Big, gay, sorcerer using his wizardry to make a big gay, flying dinosaur gay. :magi:

rofl-dance-o.gif

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Yep. It's a damn ****ing shame we acted as if Fields was tantamount to Gallo when we dealt with Denver.

There was zero reason Mozgov should have been tossed in at the end like he was (other than the obvious reality, in that James Dolan stepped into negotiations); but the real criminality in that tango, was how we negated a key, final bargaining chip while giving DEN total, pure free will in the critical "Gallo or Fields" part of the deal.

We basically gave the Nuggets a blowjob, and then sprinted to fetch them tissue paper afterwards.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this just killed me!

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;195146 said:

DAMN!

He has no confidence and can't dribble to save his life, as of right now he has nothing to offer for the team.

finestrg

Rotation player
What do you guys expect to get for him in a trade? Another 2G that's better? Ain't happening. Cut Lin and go find A BETTER PG alternative. They're out there...AND cut Walker as well and find a replacement for him too. Those are the two moves to make. No way I'm trading Fields right now -- I wanna see if we can build him back up. I still think Fields could prosper again with the right PG. It could very well be Shumpert -- we'll have to see..That's EXACTLY what Mike's thinking too right now and that's why we're seeing Shump start for Douglas. The way I see it, we need more PG help to go along with Shump and another viable SG option.

petescud

Starter
I was thinking the same. But i think we should give Fields another year. He hustles, and manages to get 8 garbage points a night, as well as a few assist and rebounds. I still think he's going to be a decent bench player. I wouldn't just give him away.

Wargames

Starter
I got to keep repeating this but the Knicks are going to hold these guys until the offseason unless a ultra sweet deal comes up for them due to cap restraints and wanting to have the full MLE next Offseason. Fields though is looking like a roleplayer bench guy and he is playing good D.

He is naturally a sf and chasing smaller guards around screens is obviously hard for him but he is playing good D. He also had 5 assist and a +5 Per. He looks like a good Roleplayer and if the price is right the Knicks should keep him & sign him to a 2 year deal unless a sweetheart trade offer opens up since he is an asset and plays better than he is giving credit for.

right now the Knicks need Depth and/or trade assets. Moving Fields right now is probably not going to get them either due to his erratic playing style.

KingofNy

Starter
What do you guys expect to get for him in a trade? Another 2G that's better? Ain't happening. Cut Lin and go find A BETTER PG alternative. They're out there...AND cut Walker as well and find a replacement for him too. Those are the two moves to make. No way I'm trading Fields right now -- I wanna see if we can build him back up. I still think Fields could prosper again with the right PG. It could very well be Shumpert -- we'll have to see..That's EXACTLY what Mike's thinking too right now and that's why we're seeing Shump start for Douglas. The way I see it, we need more PG help to go along with Shump and another viable SG option.

I think our bench/role players especially Fields are having a hard time finding a role because we're not running plays other than pick and rolls and ISO's to Stat and Melo. Shumpert basically said that Melo and Stat call the plays when their on the court and that most times it's to isolate them.

I really think D'Antoni has NO control over this team and it's affecting everyone not named Melo & Stat, and Chandler and Shump (because they can finish at the rim).

KingofNy

Starter
I got to keep repeating this but the Knicks are going to hold these guys until the offseason unless a ultra sweet deal comes up for them due to cap restraints and wanting to have the full MLE next Offseason. Fields though is looking like a roleplayer bench guy and he is playing good D.

He is naturally a sf and chasing smaller guards around screens is obviously hard for him but he is playing good D. He also had 5 assist and a +5 Per. He looks like a good Roleplayer and if the price is right the Knicks should keep him & sign him to a 2 year deal unless a sweetheart trade offer opens up since he is an asset and plays better than he is giving credit for.

right now the Knicks need Depth and/or trade assets. Moving Fields right now is probably not going to get them either due to his erratic playing style.

I think you're giving too much credit to Fields as far as his D goes. I think his D has been HORRIBLE the last few games. It seems as though he doesn't know where to be on the court, he can't get around screens and he's not fast enough to cover the key while still guarding the 3. On top of that he almost gave up the game winner today... He has a lot of problems to fix and they start with his CONFIDENCE! Until he gets that back he might as well not play.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Second year second round pick playing 30 mins a game... yeah real disapointment. If you can't sense my sarcasm, I am being sarcastic. He hasn't played great this year, and clearly played poorly to finish last year... but he is still very valuable.He is young, cheap, and under our control for a few years. I think he is a consistant jumper away from being a great 2 in our system... and even if he never develops one he is still a good backup for Melo for the next few years. He plays smart, He tries hard. The shots will fall. If they don't, he can ride the bench... the New York Knicks bench.

Wargames

Starter
I think you're giving too much credit to Fields as far as his D goes. I think his D has been HORRIBLE the last few games. It seems as though he doesn't know where to be on the court, he can't get around screens and he's not fast enough to cover the key while still guarding the 3. On top of that he almost gave up the game winner today... He has a lot of problems to fix and they start with his CONFIDENCE! Until he gets that back he might as well not play.

I didn't say great D I said good D and he has. A few blocks, altered shots here and there. He also didnt fall for the head bob once this game as well, I also think he averages a steal a game. Either way it's not horrible he just needs a consistent shot and avg. about 10 pts a game for the Knicks. Also he had 5 assist in the Bobcats game, that's shows that even if his shot isn't there he is still contributing on the court.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I didn't watch the game, but...

6 rebounds? 5 assists? There's more to basketball than scoring points and Fields distributed the ball well and hustled to grab boards. We need players like that on this team.

DrB

Benchwarmer

YOU NAILED IT MY FRIEND...he needs a sports PSYCHOLOGIST to help him restore his CONFIDENCE. His first missed FREE THROW at the close was a clear case of CHOKING. Thank God he hit the second one. He's back to aiming the ball and after that one good game he's back to LANDRY FEARFUL. :agreed:

pat

Starter
Keep him. His individual stats may not be convincing (although scoring should not be his concern) and he might seem awkwardly out of sync on court, but his +/- rating are still remarkable in most nights. Keep him. He will be alright. Many players go through this in their sophomore season. Look at Evans' numbers last year or look at John Wall's numbers this season.

fender0577

Rotation player
Wow!!Any time a guys not playing well you guys try to trade him?3 days ago ya'll were trying to trade STAT,now he's playing well and every one's quiet, please people be patient.Let's be happy shump is play good, and fields has time to find his game again, remember the guy lead all guards in REBS as a rookie.

Toons

is the Bo$$
We should trade Landry Fields while he still has some value and teams judge him from early last year. The guy is terrible he can't hit the corner three which seems to be where he stands the entire game and makes boneheaded decisions. I don't understand how this happened early last year he appeared to have the best basketball IQ on the team.

this is where the emotional threads get out of hand....fields missed 4 shots last night, making 2 of them, 5 rebs, 5 assists a steal and only 1 turnover. Amare and Melo went 11 for 43 combined. You talk about the corner three and fields didnt even attempt a 3 last night. As a team we only fired 10 threes all night....way to coach em up Dantoni. lol.